NFL Thread

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Re: NFL Thread

Post by The_Niddler »

Sorry shel, but I am not impressed with Brees hitting virtually the same spot every time from 10 yards away, with no pads, pressure, etc.
An NFL QB, "Elite" if you will, should be able to do that.

I am impressed by Beckam Jr. though. As you stated, like he could do this in his sleep, like it took no effort.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Watch the Sports science :)
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

The_Niddler wrote:Sorry shel, but I am not impressed with Brees hitting virtually the same spot every time from 10 yards away, with no pads, pressure, etc.
An NFL QB, "Elite" if you will, should be able to do that.

I am impressed by Beckam Jr. though. As you stated, like he could do this in his sleep, like it took no effort.
I was going to say this but figured I'd get slammed for it.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

nick wrote:
Too long.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Start it at 3:25, it's impossible, I still don't even believe he did it, it's a conspiracy!!!
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

packsyd2284 wrote:Too long.
Have you ever watched Sports Science?

They have a knack for turning a 3-4 minute topic into a full feature film...
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

cougnix wrote:

I was poking fun at shel. He used to not read tings on the board that were too long. I saw an 8 minute clip and responded how he used to. Before your time there coug. :)
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

packsyd2284 wrote:
cougnix wrote:

I was poking fun at shel. He used to not read tings on the board that were too long. I saw an 8 minute clip and responded how he used to. Before your time there coug. :)
Oh, I know the shel notes and such. Just didn't catch it. ;)
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

DRiccio21 wrote:I had a moment in my life where I looked down on people and I felt joy in others failures. I was very immature at that point and I made a choice to be better cause I realized I was just insecure and scared.

I don't think humans have to be attracted to negativity, I truly don't.

I love hearing your take on this tho
I can't speak about why you were like that but focusing on the negatives and being stereotypical about groups of people is evolutionary. It is a safe bet. Here are some examples:

- During hunter-gatherer days, if he/she saw a shadow in the bush, he could assume it was a lion or wasn't a lion. If he assumes it was a lion, but it wasn't, no harm done except feeling a little silly. However, the penalty for the inverse (assuming it is NOT a lion when, in fact, it was) was severe.

- Take this latest snowfall in the northeast. They used the word "historic" and even had a fucking driving ban after 11PM that would have resulted in an unprecedented penalty (a goddamn fucking misdemeanor) if you were driving. I made a Facebook post asking if the local nuclear plant was exploding because I couldn't tell from the coverage. Ultimately, we got a dusting and everyone just pissed and moaned a little bit. However, if very little was predicted and very little was said - but we got crushed by a huge storm - people die, infrastructure breaks, costs are high, and municipalities get sued. Re: look at the Italian scientists who got fucking charged with murder because of an earthquake.

- Avoiding a person that fits the general description of a bad person (use your imagination here) results in no penalty other than maybe a little shame. But, being right, even if it is only .0001% of the time, results in severe penalties.

You can come up with your own examples. It's confirmation bias meets negativity bias. We consider the negative aspects a of a person/group to be more indicative of who they are than the positives and, when the negatives rear their ugly head, we remember that more than any good deeds.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Yea, but none of those things equate to what Dave was talking about. Pretty much all of your examples come down to safety and playing the odds, or risk/reward stuff.

Riccio is just talking about getting joy out of someone else's failures, I don't see the link here.
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

shel311 wrote:Yea, but none of those things equate to what Dave was talking about. Pretty much all of your examples come down to safety and playing the odds, or risk/reward stuff.

Riccio is just talking about getting joy out of someone else's failures, I don't see the link here.
Earlier he made mention of something that brought me to this point of conversation.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

shel, that video of Brees throwing and hitting the bulls eye 10 out of 10, now that was impressive.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

The_Niddler wrote:shel, that video of Brees throwing and hitting the bulls eye 10 out of 10, now that was impressive.
He's basically doing the same thing in both videos, fwiw.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

trendon wrote:
shel311 wrote:Yea, but none of those things equate to what Dave was talking about. Pretty much all of your examples come down to safety and playing the odds, or risk/reward stuff.

Earlier he made mention of something that brought me to this point of conversation.

well to equate it to something i understand, i assume every trade i'm going to make is a loss. in order to always be prepared to manage risk.

i don't think that is the same thing as what i'm trying to say, tho. it might be distant cousins, but i don't think its the same thing.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

DRiccio21 wrote:i assume every trade i'm going to make is a loss. in order to always be prepared to manage risk.
Ahhhh, the oled Lebby mantra, life is about managing expectations!
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

shel311 wrote:
DRiccio21 wrote:i assume every trade i'm going to make is a loss. in order to always be prepared to manage risk.
Ahhhh, the oled Lebby mantra, life is about managing expectations!

not really the same... i do love when he talks about that tho

i don't know the future, so i have to have an exit. cause if not i'll just naturally make excuses why something is going to 'come back'. and ego gets in the way. so instead i buy something and have a clear exit first so i don't blow myself up when i'm wrong.

i don't think that makes it a negative outlook, just knowing what you can and can't control.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

The_Niddler wrote:I am not impressed with Brees hitting virtually the same spot every time from 10 yards away, with no pads, pressure, etc.
I am
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

It's pretty darn impressive to do 33 times.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Super Bowl Prediction Time!!!

Seattle 27
New England 17

Return to “Off Topic Forum”