Politics and stuff

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Re: 2016 Presidential Election

Post by Uuaww »

The fun part would be if the Dems won the Senate in that situation. Senate chooses the VP and would choose the dem nominee to run the country with trump
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Uuaww wrote:The fun part would be if the Dems won the Senate in that situation. Senate chooses the VP and would choose the dem nominee to run the country with trump
I don't see the house picking Trump. But this would be an epic shitshow for 4 years
ImageImageImage
autiger730
Reactions:

Post by autiger730 »

I don't have a clue who Johnson is, but a 4 way race could potentially be the best thing that has happened to this country in a long time.
PSN & 360: AUTiger730
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

from my fav patriot, Edward SNowden.

packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

I just keep waiting for Ashton Kutcher to come out of hiding...........
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

IMO I don't see Bernie running as a independent. Trumps comments about him told me he that he knows in the current political spectrum he cant beat Hillary head to head. If Trumps numbers among the traditional Republican electorate keeps a unfavorable trend then conservatives will prop up a 3rd party candidate to get out that vote or else dems might sweep both houses in November.
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

Uuaww wrote:
GeorgesGoons wrote:It's going to be interesting come November. Trump/Clinton/Johnson/maybe a Bernie Independent run. I see Johnson doing well come November, well enough to give the nod to Clinton. If Bernie runs as an independent, and his supporters stay with him rather than voting party line, then who knows what happens come November. It'd be interesting to see if nobody gets the total number of votes needed from the electoral college.
Actually the opposite. It's not interesting at that point. If a 3rd party actually gets enough electoral college votes then no one gets the needed amount. In which case the house decides and trump wins.
If a 3rd party runs and has some traction doesnt the bar lower to only a 1/3 majority? So wouldnt that make it easier for trump or hillary to clinch in the college?
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

Crowes wrote:
Uuaww wrote:
GeorgesGoons wrote:It's going to be interesting come November. Trump/Clinton/Johnson/maybe a Bernie Independent run. I see Johnson doing well come November, well enough to give the nod to Clinton. If Bernie runs as an independent, and his supporters stay with him rather than voting party line, then who knows what happens come November. It'd be interesting to see if nobody gets the total number of votes needed from the electoral college.
Actually the opposite. It's not interesting at that point. If a 3rd party actually gets enough electoral college votes then no one gets the needed amount. In which case the house decides and trump wins.
If a 3rd party runs and has some traction doesnt the bar lower to only a 1/3 majority? So wouldnt that make it easier for trump or hillary to clinch in the college?
What happens if no presidential candidate gets 270 Electoral votes?

If no candidate receives a majority of Electoral votes, the House of Representatives elects the President from the 3 Presidential candidates who received the most Electoral votes. Each state delegation has one vote. The Senate would elect the Vice President from the 2 Vice Presidential candidates with the most Electoral votes. Each Senator would cast one vote for Vice President. If the House of Representatives fails to elect a President by Inauguration Day, the Vice-President Elect serves as acting President until the deadlock is resolved in the House.

And george, the republican house would def. give it to Trump over Hilary/Bernie. Bernie won't run as an independent b/c all he does is hand the race to Trump. Republicans won 40% of the vote in roughly 15 states last election that they lost. Bernie running hands those states to Trump EASILY. and he gets the votes to win.

There will not be a 3rd party winning any electoral college votes.
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

Something else I read that with 30 some odd states that have voted for the same party in the past 4 presidential elections Hillary only needs to win 29 more votes to clinch. wow.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Crowes wrote:Something else I read that with 30 some odd states that have voted for the same party in the past 4 presidential elections Hillary only needs to win 29 more votes to clinch. wow.

All she needs is the democrat states to stay blue plus Florida is what I read. How does a Republican ever get elected with the odds against you like that
ImageImageImage
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

GeorgesGoons wrote:
Crowes wrote:Something else I read that with 30 some odd states that have voted for the same party in the past 4 presidential elections Hillary only needs to win 29 more votes to clinch. wow.

All she needs is the democrat states to stay blue plus Florida is what I read. How does a Republican ever get elected with the odds against you like that
You stop sucking
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

It seems that the states Sanders has won lately, there's only been a 5-10 gain in delegates so he essentially has to dominate in California and New Jersey to make up the 300 or so delegate difference between him and Hillary. Regardless of that, is it looking likely that neither candidate could meet the required number of delegates and it go to an electoral college?

Also, don't know much about Gary Johnson but apparently he's not too fond of Trump :lol:

shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Gary Johnson is the guy everyone should be voting for in this election!

Granted, I never heard of him until about a month ago lol. But he seems legit, and this makes me like him even more.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote:Gary Johnson is the guy everyone should be voting for in this election!

Granted, I never heard of him until about a month ago lol. But he seems legit, and this makes me like him even more.
He has to be much better than trump or hillary
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

GeorgesGoons wrote:
shel311 wrote:Gary Johnson is the guy everyone should be voting for in this election!

He has to be much better than trump or hillary
He certainly is IMO.

I'm moving to Canada, gonna room with Nick!!!
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

dont go to Alberta cause its about to be completely charred
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

The video in this link is insane

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36224767
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote:dont go to Alberta cause its about to be completely charred

I've seen some video of those fires. How close is that to where you are?
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

youre closer in Iraq
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote:youre closer in Iraq
So it's in the west then :lol:

Those fires are scary. Had a couple in back to back years that was close enough for Colorado Springs, couldn't imagine evacuating the whole city because those fires coming straight thru.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Off Topic Forum”