Colorado/Ski Trip

Going on a trip? Looking for some travel advice or places to visit? This is your place.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: Colorado/Ski Trip

Post by Cnasty »

I've been reading about these "bowls".

I will be happy to make it past the kiddie program. I watched some videos of people falling off the lifts and trying to get on them for the first time...not a good idea :lol:
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

Cnasty wrote:I've been reading about these "bowls".

I will be happy to make it past the kiddie program. I watched some videos of people falling off the lifts and trying to get on them for the first time...not a good idea :lol:
They are super unique because the sun doesn't ever really touch them so there is no trees what so ever and its usually like snow boarding on pillows.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

My wife's uncle owns a cabin in Breckenridge. I can get you his info to rent it to you. Nice place. And Breckenyis an awesome little town.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

The_Niddler wrote:My wife's uncle owns a cabin in Breckenridge. I can get you his info to rent it to you. Nice place. And Breckenyis an awesome little town.
Great, I appreciate any info.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

And I rented an AWD car. Won't be too expensive if you are only there for like 4 days. His cabin is in the heart of Breckenridge but up on a hill. You wouldn't want to walk from there down into town.
We were sitting around playing cards 2 years ago, hear a noise outside, look out and a bear was trying to get in his garbage.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

The_Niddler wrote:We were sitting around playing cards 2 years ago, hear a noise outside, look out and a bear was trying to get in his garbage
Have fun at the cabin!!!
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Broken legs, bear attacks.

Now that’s how you make a memorable 40!
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

wdoupis wrote:I rented an suv every time as it’s like 90 minute drive from Denver if I remember correctly. I don’t know anything about the shuttles.
To Keystone yea it can be a 90 minute drive. All depends on the tunnel. It could make it a 4 hour drive as well.

Keystone is awesome! But the night life around there just doesn't measure up outside of the ski resort. Keystone was my go to every time we went.

If you are all about night life after wards (which at 40 you may just want a hot tub when you get done) then someone that has been to Vail or Breck could chime in.

We rented a cabin just down the road from Keystone (there were around 10 adults and 7 or 8 kids and had plenty of room). Was a little pricey but was well worth it. If you plan on going this route then definitely start looking now as they fill fast.
ImageImageImage
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

My wife's uncle's cabin is nice and he only charges like $100 per night, for friends of friends type of thing. He doesn't really actively look for renters. I would say it sleeps like 7 or 8, can't remember exactly.
No hot tub though.

So I passed his information along to Corey, but like I told him, no issue if he decides not to stay there.
His cabin is great to stay and feel more secluded or if you have a group.

But you will be driving down into Breckenridge or to places. It is not within walking distance due to the hill it is up on and the wildlife.

So he doesn't actively look for renters, but he does have it listed.
Here is a link to his listing:
https://www.homeexchange.com/en/listing/503050
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

The_Niddler wrote:My wife's uncle's cabin is nice and he only charges like $100 per night, for friends of friends type of thing. He doesn't really actively look for renters. I would say it sleeps like 7 or 8, can't remember exactly.
No hot tub though.

So I passed his information along to Corey, but like I told him, no issue if he decides not to stay there.

But you will be driving down into Breckenridge or to places. It is not within walking distance due to the hill it is up on and the wildlife.

He does it for a Ben a night? I'm gonna hit you up next year as I want to go back and do some snowboarding again.
ImageImageImage
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

GeorgesGoons wrote:
The_Niddler wrote:My wife's uncle's cabin is nice and he only charges like $100 per night, for friends of friends type of thing. He doesn't really actively look for renters. I would say it sleeps like 7 or 8, can't remember exactly.
No hot tub though.

He does it for a Ben a night? I'm gonna hit you up next year as I want to go back and do some snowboarding again.
Yeah, that is what he told me.
Here is his message to me:
For this year, ski season is pretty well booked but if they are looking for any other time of the year you can give them my number.
There are pictures available on homeexchange.com (listing 503050).
I charge $100 night.
I don't rent to the general public or actively pursue rentals but if you can vouch for them they can give me a call.

$100 per night and it sleeps 8. So if you had 8, that is $12.50 per person, per night, lol.
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

GeorgesGoons wrote:
No hot tub though.

I’ll sleep with you and your wife.

Return to “Travel”