Bahamas bitches!

Going on a trip? Taking a 4-day Mormon sabbatacal? Goldfish eat your power cord? If you're going away for a little bit post it here.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Bahamas bitches!

Post by LetsGoPeay »

The wife and I are doing a quick weekend getaway starting tomorrow. We are flying to Orlando early tomorrow morning and then spending the day at Kennedy Space Center before getting on our cruise ship. Saturday will be in Nassau. Sunday will be spent at Royal Caribbean‘s private island, Coco Cay. Monday we are back to Florida and are doing a quick day trip at Epcot before flying home that night.

Any tips or hints for the weekend?
Weasel
Reactions:

Re: Bahamas bitches!

Post by Weasel »

We did a very similar cruise a couple years ago, only had an extra stop at Key West and a day at sea. Get the drink package if you plan to booze at all. We walked around some of the sketchy areas of Nassau, would not recommend. Enjoy!
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

We have done several cruises as a family and they are great.
As Weasel stated, get the drink package if you plan on doing any drinking.

If you go on excursions, you have nothing to worry about. If you get off the boat and just walk around, the docks always have nice bars/restaurants, but if you go into the cities/villages, most get rough real quick.

In Nassau, we went and swam with dolphins, it was a great experience.
In Coco Cay, it is like a big water park, it was a lot of fun too. There is stuff for little kids and the Thrill Waterpark for adults/older kids.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

We already got the drink package and we reserved beach beds and an umbrella for Coco Cay. This will be our second cruise. We did a seven day cruise two years ago to St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Kitt’s, St. Lucia, and Barbados.

I’ve read up on Nassau and we’ll definitely be sticking to the safe areas.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

In Nassau my wife, sister in law, and their friend all wanted to swim with dolphins so they booked an excursion together. When they got on the shuttle boat to get to the dolphins, the thought that it would be my last look at them legit crossed my mind.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

No legit urge to ever go on a cruise. Odd considering my SaltLife love I know.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Been on about 14-15 cruises. There for a while, every year that was our family vacation because we would get 14-20 of us to go.
Cool for large groups cause some wanted to stay in the boat and chill at the pool, some wanted to get off and walk around locally, some wanted to do excursions and you always had a small group to do any of it.
On the cruise, there are comedians, bands, plays, movies, ice skating, basketball, cigar bar, piano bar, night club, kid friendly shows, something for everyone.

Wife and I were supposed to get married in St. Marteen, till a storm the night before wiped out their dock, so we got married in St. Croix which was the next stop on the cruise.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I dont like 20 people enough to go on a vacation with. :)
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

The_Niddler wrote:Been on about 14-15 cruises. There for a while, every year that was our family vacation because we would get 14-20 of us to go.
Cool for large groups cause some wanted to stay in the boat and chill at the pool, some wanted to get off and walk around locally, some wanted to do excursions and you always had a small group to do any of it.
On the cruise, there are comedians, bands, plays, movies, ice skating, basketball, cigar bar, piano bar, night club, kid friendly shows, something for everyone.

Wife and I were supposed to get married in St. Marteen, till a storm the night before wiped out their dock, so we got married in St. Croix which was the next stop on the cruise.
that sucks. St Croix is terrible.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Uuaww wrote:
The_Niddler wrote:Been on about 14-15 cruises. There for a while, every year that was our family vacation because we would get 14-20 of us to go.

that sucks. St Croix is terrible.

We liked it, but you are only on the island for a few hours on a cruise. Maybe 6-8 at most.
And most people are doing an excursion or something fun for that time. We were getting married, so that took most of the time off the boat.

Return to “NDL Extended Absences”