The Bottom 10 (Block 3)

Get the latest news and NDL related articles by our talented group of writers.
iRoccafella
Reactions:

The Bottom 10 (Block 3)

Post by iRoccafella »

Welcome to the Bottom 10, where we highlight the Other Guys. Remember that poor fellow that got 35'd by Mike? That coach that plays his games like a trooper but is good for 5 INTs a game? This is where they get the love! The backbone of the league right here fellas! Lets get started. (Minimum 5 games played)

Image#10 Utah (2-4) -
Utah isn't even that bad of a team. Michael got off to a good start, going 2-1, however the Pac-12 has not been kind to Coach Michael in recent years. After being batted around by the other Pac 12 Vets at Cal, the move to Utah has not yet yielded a better dividend. Statistically however, there's no glaring weaknesses, as the Utes have lost by an average of less than a touchdown a game. Pretty sure someone more better suited for this list will show up next week.

Image#9 Arky St. (2-4) -
The NDL's resident Sun Belt vet MVikes is back at it again with Arky St. and has quickly found himself at the bottom looking up. Again, to his credit, Vikes has no real glaring stats... outside of a dismal 3 1/2 turnovers a game. And when you losing by 9 pts a game, 1 turnover is easily the swinging point in any of those loses.

Image#8 Akron (1-4) -
MCX and the Zips are a bad team in a bad conference, but in their defense Akron's opponent's record 14-8, and for a 1-4 team, they aren't all that bad stat wise... Ah the joys of Mediocrity. Perhaps if the defense ever shows some life in this game Akron can trend their way out of this hell hole.

Image#7 ULL (0-5) -
13 pts a game and 2+ turnovers is a recipe for disaster. Coach Crimson and ULL have scored 7 pts in the last two games. The Cajun put in their app for the SEC by challenging 4 different SEC foes this year, and this ranking goes a long way to show just what the SEC thinks of them.

Image#6 TCU (1-4) -
Why in the seven hells is TCU on this list? Coach Reign and TCU have had a tough go of it as of late, even with the fact that they've managed to create more turnovers than they've given up, they've stil only managed to win 1 game. They've had the doors blown off of them by Texas Tech, lost to Iowa, Oklahoma and SMU. Based on two of those contests, one has to wonder just who the rising power in Texas is... For this year it ain't TCU.

Image#5 Memphis (1-5) -
Memphis is turning the ball over at almost a 3:1 ratio in takeaways. Couple that with a 10 point average margin of loss and you have a pretty bad time for any coach. They benefit from being in the friendly, "old boys club" known as the AAC, but that does not stop Nick and co from catching the smack down on a rather frequent basis. But hey, they beat Buffalo... so they got that going for them!

Image#4 Cal (1-5) -
Cal managed to get out of the goose egg column and take themselves out of the early running for a toliet bowl crown. Cal has been the whipping boy thus far for the Pac-12, and this seems to be a recurring issue. We keep hearing that Coach 6ft is a fan of this team, but we don't him walking through that door anytime soon. As such, the destruction will continue, and most Pac 12 teams can rest assured, it could always be worse, you could be a golden bear...

Image#3 Iowa St (0-6) -
Or even further off, you could be a cyclone... Iowa St is the Big 12's California, and is currently losing games by an average of two touchdowns. On top of that, they're giving up an average of 418 yards per game, which is good for 5th worst in the country surprisingly. Workman and ISU are living dangerously and flirt with rendering themselves ineligible for bowl competition in the coming weeks. Perhaps they can use that as motivation to turn things around.

Image#2 Purdue (0-6 -
ISU is the Big 12 as Purdue is to the Big 10. Niddler and co have a game coming up against a rather bitter Sammy who's gonna be heated after a couple of tough losses recently, and things just don't sit well, to top that off, they have to host a extremely tough Buckeye team in the coming days. On the bright side, they shouldn't have any other ranked opponents after this... but they most likely won't have any bowl to look forward to outside of ye old squatter.

Image#1 Northwestern (0-7) -
Lastly we have our first true contender for the Toilet Bowl this year! Grats to Swelly and the Wildcats for making it this far? Can they hold out? Can they reach the land of the all-defeateds? They have Utah St. left, but then again... they lost to Hawaii, coached by Dole no less, and managed to lost 7-9... yikes. Northwestern has truly earned their status as number one contender for the toilet bowl. Stay tuned for more coverage in the coming weeks from the bottom.
Last edited by iRoccafella on Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AIM: JestaZ69 e-Mail: iRoccafella@gmail.com PSN - iRoccafella
ImageImage[/url]
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Re: The Bottom 10 (Block 3)

Post by The_Niddler »

Nice writeup.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

Purdue and Northwestern have IU left. They'll score 40 and win.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Shew. Was really nervous scrolling down.... :lol:
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

TCU's coach is an over-the-hill scrub.
PSN: ReignOnU
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

Wasted Memory wrote:Shew. Was really nervous scrolling down.... :lol:

me too..... :lol:
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Yay, I survived!!
swellvermin
Reactions:

Post by swellvermin »

fuck ea sports tiburon. fuck em all :x
IceMorbid
Reactions:

Post by IceMorbid »

Why do I see Wake Forest helmets on #9 and #10? You trying to ginx me into the bottom 10?!?!?! :lol:

nice write up, but get those helmets fixed! ;)
NDL Record 49-4 (4-0 Bowls)
S 25 - San Jose State 12-1 - Potato Bowl Champs
S 26 - Georgia 11-2 - Outback Bowl Champs
S 27 - Wake Forest 13-1 - ACC Champs - BCS Orange Bowl Champs - NDL Cup Champs
S 28 - Texas 13-0 - Big XII Champs - BCS National Champs
bigred
Reactions:

Post by bigred »

swellvermin wrote:fuck ea sports tiburon. fuck em all :x

Told ya bro, best 0-7 team of all time!!!
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

buckeye76 wrote:

+3 :lol:

Thank you Mike and Nebraska!!!
bigred
Reactions:

Post by bigred »

Nole4real wrote:
buckeye76 wrote:

+3 :lol:

Thank you Mike and Nebraska!!!
My pleasure, glad I could help out
MrChampagne3
Reactions:

Post by MrChampagne3 »

Great detailed write-up. Thanks for doing it.
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

First time I haven't expected to be on this list :D

Good Work!!!
iRoccafella
Reactions:

Post by iRoccafella »

IceMorbid wrote:Why do I see Wake Forest helmets on #9 and #10? You trying to ginx me into the bottom 10?!?!?! :lol:

nice write up, but get those helmets fixed! ;)
My bad I pulled that from last year's article... quite the turnaround for you guys! :lol:
AIM: JestaZ69 e-Mail: iRoccafella@gmail.com PSN - iRoccafella
ImageImage[/url]
dealer4014
Reactions:

Post by dealer4014 »

nice work Iroc!
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

I am going to pull a jsence here and tell you that 7 of the 12 teams on my schedule are or have been ranked in the top 25 so far this season. :D
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

The_Niddler wrote:I am going to pull a jsence here and tell you that 7 of the 12 teams on my schedule are or have been ranked in the top 25 so far this season. :D
:lol: And what was your average margin of defeat and passing yards per game???
Dolemitesooner
Reactions:

Post by Dolemitesooner »

Good Stuff here. What you trying to say rocafella? Maybe I should let me record speak for itself. lol

Return to “NDL:ESPN”