Job in Kuwait

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
JohnnyP
Reactions:

Re: Job in Kuwait

Post by JohnnyP »

kdog36 wrote:I could be wrong which I usually am..

but.. The money you make is TAX FREE I believe. I would honestly look into that part of it. Had an in law that went over there for 2 years working A/C type stuff etc. He made over 200K tax free but his bitch wife spent it as soon as it was sent back to the US.
either way look into what you do or dont have to pay when over there.

Yeah I think that is how it is, but i have also herd about only the first 150k is tax free, but still. I figured it out and I would be make close to 225k in 13 months. so paying taxes on only 75k i think is still stupid good
JohnnyP
Reactions:

Post by JohnnyP »

But most of that is per diem which is $466/day. I dont know if that counts towards income or not.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

225k eh.. atta boy.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Didnt you just get married?

Is she going with you?
JohnnyP
Reactions:

Post by JohnnyP »

Cnasty wrote:Didnt you just get married?

Is she going with you?

Thats the plan, even is she cant, it will be tough to turn down that money, IF there is an opening....
kdog36
Reactions:

Post by kdog36 »

Briefly thought about it when the in law went over there. I had kids so that was my deciding factor.
Married with NO kids. definite yes.
JohnnyP
Reactions:

Post by JohnnyP »

kdog36 wrote:Briefly thought about it when the in law went over there. I had kids so that was my deciding factor.
Married with NO kids. definite yes.

Yep no kids....
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

Seems like a no brainer to me if it's offered
JohnnyP
Reactions:

Post by JohnnyP »

Well it has came down to that my Dad needed someone and I could not pass this opportunity up. I will be working for him and moving back home to Michigan
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

JohnnyP wrote:Well it has came down to that my Dad needed someone and I could not pass this opportunity up. I will be working for him and moving back home to Michigan
Does Weasel know yet? Someone better direct him to this thread.
JohnnyP
Reactions:

Post by JohnnyP »

LetsGoPeay wrote:
JohnnyP wrote:Well it has came down to that my Dad needed someone and I could not pass this opportunity up. I will be working for him and moving back home to Michigan
Does Weasel know yet? Someone better direct him to this thread.
:lol: Just called him
VeniVediV1ci
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VeniVediV1ci »

Uuaww wrote:I would take the job in a heartbeat, sounds like itd be a lot of fun and a great experience but that's just me. I know you like the crust off your white bread but Kuwait wouldn't be that bad. Relatively liberal for a Middle East country, safe, has shopping. Hell, they even have TGI Fridays and Chilis
put this in the "not surprising" category. Not cuz your opinion is irrelevant, but of course you would have this p.o.v.

Tax free is a big thing, but i'm not sure I want to live anywhere but the US. A good friend of mine was in Russia for a while and now is with Nick in Canadia, while another was in Angola and is moving to the Philippines so it may be something you'll figure out you love or not and you'll come back
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

Color me confused. Are you going to Kuwait or are you going to work for your father in Michigan? If the latter are you taking a pay cut to work for him?
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

VeniVediV1ci wrote:
Uuaww wrote:I would take the job in a heartbeat, sounds like itd be a lot of fun and a great experience but that's just me. I know you like the crust off your white bread but Kuwait wouldn't be that bad. Relatively liberal for a Middle East country, safe, has shopping. Hell, they even have TGI Fridays and Chilis
put this in the "not surprising" category. Not cuz your opinion is irrelevant, but of course you would have this p.o.v.

Tax free is a big thing, but i'm not sure I want to live anywhere but the US. A good friend of mine was in Russia for a while and now is with Nick in Canadia, while another was in Angola and is moving to the Philippines so it may be something you'll figure out you love or not and you'll come back
Is it possible for you to not be condescending in a post?
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I know in the Army when you get Per Diem it does not count towards your taxable income. Not sure if that helps or not.

Also, when we are deployed the first 100K (slightly less I believe maybe around 98k) is not taxable. I don't make that kind of money so I never paid that much attention to it.
ImageImageImage
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

There are always adds for experience Firefighters to go to Kuwait. I ll pass.....expecially now that I have a little one. If I was single it maybe a way easier choice.

Regardless, good luck with everything Johnny.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

DRWebs wrote:
Color me confused. Are you going to Kuwait or are you going to work for your father in Michigan? If the latter are you taking a pay cut to work for him?
Michigan.... Kuwait..... Aside from the sand and a few degrees difference in temperature its all the same.
JohnnyP
Reactions:

Post by JohnnyP »

DRWebs wrote:
Kuwait fell through, going to work for my dad in Michigan
VeniVediV1ci
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VeniVediV1ci »

Uuaww wrote:
VeniVediV1ci wrote:

Is it possible for you to not be condescending in a post?
if this offends you, you have much bigger problems
SIRLOIN
Reactions:

Post by SIRLOIN »

DONT go johnny for several reasons
number one : the people of kuwait are kinda fucked up.. very few work (they hire everyone to do their work) and they have some fucked up laws! no drinking,no smoking.
number 2 the women: if you fuck a kuwaitii woman they will cut your cock off! and kill her, hell if you date one you will have to marry her.. and they look hot as hell when they are young. but after them hoe's get baked in the desert sun for a few year?? well lets just say a silverback at the national zoo looks better.
num 3 never rains there, never ever rains. it's funky dirty hot and it stinks like shit..

Return to “Off Topic Forum”