NDL Poll Breakdown - S26 W10

Get the latest news and NDL related articles by our talented group of writers.
Block M
Reactions:

NDL Poll Breakdown - S26 W10

Post by Block M »

***The website I use to easily format this article (webs.com) was hit with an attack of some kind and has been down for a while so I just typed it up this week***
NDL Poll Breakdown
Wednesday November 21st, 2012

TOTAL VOTERS: 63

HOKIES WIN THE BIG GAME
The streak will live on as Virginia Tech edged Clemson by dominating the second half to show the heart of a champion after being pushed around by Clemson early. With the biggest hurdle cleared is Virginia Tech poised for a third straight National Championship?

UCONN ROARING UP THE RANKS
Connecticut nearly slid outside of the polls after getting a late start to their season but have since proven why they have been a solid Top 25 team for many seasons now running off seven straight victories on their way to a 7-0 record. UCONN sits 8th in the latest polls as the lowest AQ undefeated team.

MIDMAJOR STRUGGLE
A first place vote for the #15 Nevada Wolf Pack makes them the highest ranked non-AQ school in the NDL. Right behind Nevada though is #16 Florida International who remains unbeaten and could very well end that way too. Colorado State comes in at 18th and unfortunately does not meet Nevada during the regular season. Boise State holds on to a spot at 23rd giving the MWC three of the four non-AQ teams to be ranked this season.

STRETCH RUN
Six undefeated teams sit in the top eight with Clemson and Notre Dame mixed in but that will not be the story for long. While Virginia Tech should remain stable at the top the rest of the way #2 Alabama and either #3 Florida or #4 South Carolina will meet in the SEC Championship Game (Florida and South Carolina also have still yet to play their regular season game). Speaking of South Carolina, they have a date with #5 Clemson at the end of the season as well. Both #6 Notre Dame and #7 UCLA have a meeting with ever dangerous #13 Southern Cal left. Count no one out at this point.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Re: NDL Poll Breakdown - S26 W10

Post by DRiccio21 »

good stuff.

Bama/Florida vs Va Tech seems pretty likely.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Uconn is terrible.
UclaMac
Reactions:

Post by UclaMac »

I think Florida vs VT would be a solid game to watch.
Twistanutz22
Reactions:

Post by Twistanutz22 »

What about UCLA vs. V Tech??? Eh? EHHH????? :D

I'm not counting you out just yet, bro
UclaMac
Reactions:

Post by UclaMac »

Twistanutz22 wrote:What about UCLA vs. V Tech??? Eh? EHHH????? :D

Haha not even a chance, I guarantee a loss maybe even 3 in my remaining games. Besides even if I got there, VT would destroy me and I would just get embarassed!
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Have you seen the schedule? I know Massey isnt out, but I cant imagine him being too kind to UCLA. Beating USC and Stanford would obviously help, but Im interested in how it will all shake out.

Speaking of soft schedules (I know this is flawed, but its all I have to go by right now):

UConn: .326
UCLA: .331
South Car.: .333
Colorado St: .273

Get rid of the cupcakes!
Twistanutz22
Reactions:

Post by Twistanutz22 »

Weasel wrote:

Have you seen the schedule? I know Massey isnt out, but I cant imagine him being too kind to UCLA. Beating USC and Stanford would obviously help, but Im interested in how it will all shake out.

Speaking of soft schedules (I know this is flawed, but its all I have to go by right now):

UConn: .326
UCLA: .331
South Car.: .333
Colorado St: .273

Get rid of the cupcakes!
If UCLA wins out, and are undefeated after the Pac 12 Championship game... They have as good a chance as anyone. Granted, they'd need some help... A loss by the Big 3... Bama, S. Carolina, and Florida. But with all 3 of these teams still to play one another at least once, it is probable. Not to mention all three still play nick and the Bayou Bengals...

I'd put an unbeaten UCLA over a one loss Clemson or Notre Dame to face Va Tech.
Last edited by Twistanutz22 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brwnbear
Reactions:

Post by brwnbear »

Weasel wrote: UConn: .326

Get rid of the cupcakes!
:oops:
IM: brwnbear26
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

mine is going to be even uglier with about 30 more losses coming to my opponents thru simmed out schedules.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Twistanutz22 wrote:
I'd put an unbeaten UCLA over a one loss Clemson or Notre Dame to face Va Tech.
Im obviously going to wait to see what Massey says, but if Im voting today I just couldnt based on that schedule (which will obviously change when the season ends). Id say its analogous to the treatment Boise St was getting in real life
VTrunNgun
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VTrunNgun »

1st and foremost. I fucking love this section every week. Thanks Block as content like this is what makes this league so great.

Secondly - I'll be first say there is a lot of games left play - Anything is possible. I for one have no easy road ahead as any of my remaining ACC opponents have the talent to knock me off. No game has come easy this season so I'm going 1 week at a time. Don't mail in your ballots yet!

Lastly, for the sake of debate - I foresee some craziness to ensure in all the major conferences down the stretch.

- SEC EAST is the new SEC WEST: Only teams with conference wins in that division are the Top 3 teams - Georgia, Florida, South Carolina. Bama got lucky and didn't have to face any of those teams along the way this season, but a clash with one of them is on the horizon.

- UCONN you aint slick: Trying to pull a classic Holmey move- not playing all your games up front, nearly dropping out of the poles, then flying back on the radar after reeling off a bunch of wins. A perfect season is within reach but it's true about your SoS. It's already low & chances are when those inactive opponents catch a bunch of sim losses, it will hurt even more. Still I find it hard to believe that if in the end, there are a bunch of 1-loss teams, how you can deny putting UCONN in the big game.

- UCLA New King of Southern California: Yup I said it...Record speaks for itself...But I moreso say because Shel may not be the "Shel of Old" but he still has the magic. And if I'm a betting man, Shel's personal "Super Bowl" would be knocking off UCLA, to ruin his year. Shel isn't motivated by championships anymore - nor was he ever really. But getting a few rings changes your focus really, so his fulfillment/satisfaction from this game can come from causing chaos and ruining other's title hopes. @UCLAmac - you better not sleep on that guy
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

VTrunNgun wrote:UCLA New King of Southern California: Yup I said it...Record speaks for itself...But I moreso say because Shel may not be the "Shel of Old" but he still has the magic. And if I'm a betting man, Shel's personal "Super Bowl" would be knocking off UCLA, to ruin his year. Shel isn't motivated by championships anymore - nor was he ever really. But getting a few rings changes your focus really, so his fulfillment/satisfaction from this game can come from causing chaos and ruining other's title hopes. @UCLAmac - you better not sleep on that guy
No he di'nt!!!

1. If he beats me, he can stake his claim as the king. I've already taken USC to a title game so as long as I'm there, I'm still claiming Souther Cali MINE!!! :lol:

2. My team is bipolar. 4 wins, I have 10 TD passes 5 INTs. 2 losses, I have 7 TD passes, 12 INTs. Whichever Shel/Barkley shows up will determine who wins IMO

3. I don't mind sayint it, I was definitely motivated by titles :)

4. A few rings didn't change my focus. A few babies did LOL. I'll always have seasons 18-21 to look back on, those 4 glorious seasons.
6ftdeep
Reactions:

Post by 6ftdeep »

shel311 wrote:
VTrunNgun wrote:UCLA New King of Southern California: Yup I said it...Record speaks for itself...But I moreso say because Shel may not be the "Shel of Old" but he still has the magic. And if I'm a betting man, Shel's personal "Super Bowl" would be knocking off UCLA, to ruin his year. Shel isn't motivated by championships anymore - nor was he ever really. But getting a few rings changes your focus really, so his fulfillment/satisfaction from this game can come from causing chaos and ruining other's title hopes. @UCLAmac - you better not sleep on that guy
2. My team is bipolar. 4 wins, I have 10 TD passes 5 INTs. 2 losses, I have 7 TD passes, 12 INTs. Whichever Shel/Barkley shows up will determine who wins IMO
both shel/ barkeley's showed up in our game.. I like the second one better, Because the first one is downright scarey.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

6ftdeep wrote:
shel311 wrote:
both shel/ barkeley's showed up in our game.. I like the second one better, Because the first one is downright scarey.
That's actually true.

I threw some of my best, most unreal passes in that game, 5 TDs.

i also threw 6 to the wrong team :lol:
WJ5811
Reactions:

Post by WJ5811 »

PSN: WJ5811
AIM: WJ5811
JUSTIN TV USER: WJ5811

Return to “NDL:ESPN”