NDL Spotlight: #3 Florida Gators

Get the latest news and NDL related articles by our talented group of writers.
Twistanutz22
Reactions:

NDL Spotlight: #3 Florida Gators

Post by Twistanutz22 »

Meet Daw1git, and the #3 Florida Gators

Coach Daw1git has his Florida Gators playing about as well as he could have hoped in season 26. He boasts the #1 Scoring Offense in the country, with 37 points per game, and is ranked #7 nationally in Total Offensive yards with 373 yards per game. His passing offense ranks #5 in the land with 281 yards per game, and the Gators are punching it into the endzone with high efficiency, at 4.3 TD's per game. (Ranked #2 nationally)

The #3 Florida Gators have rolled through their schedule unblemished, but have been tested in several games. In just week 3, Texas A&M nearly ended the Gators' National Title hopes with a 28-26 scare. Then again in week 10, Florida squeaked out a 31-30 victory on a failed 2 point conversion that would have won it for Coach IceMorbid and the Georgia Bulldogs. Yet, the Florida Gators are 6-0 (5-0 SEC) and control their own path to the crystal football. Who stands in their way, you ask? Oh... just the #4 team in the land, South Carolina, fresh off a bitter loss to #10 Arkansas. And don't forget about the anual match up with hated Florida State to close out the regular season! If coach Daw1git and his Florida Gator team can jump these remaining hurdles, they'd still have to face the soon to be #1 team in the land.. The Alabama Crimson Tide in the SEC Championship Game.

So yes, the Florida Gators hold their own destiny in their hands.. But it will NOT be an easy road!

Coach Daw1git Q&A

Q. You are currently 6-0 (5-0), and sit at the top of the SEC East Division with a big game @ S. Carolina coming up.. How do you feel going into this match up?

A.
I am a little Nervous. Steam is a long time friend who knows how to play well. Also me and him scrimmed alot, and he felt really good about South Car, which lead him there. An Injury can take anyone out of the norm of what they like to do, which I think Could hurt him a little more than me. Also playing on the road tends to have a factor late in games.. and I am on the road.

Q. Who would you say has been your toughest opponent in the NDL? Why?

A. Hmmm very good question.When asking me that, 1st thought came to my mind was BigMike. Dude, I was like "Crap" everytime I had to play him.. from Riley Cooper running the Wheel route burning me to death, to his stupid good user skills at saftey. It felt really good when I finally beat him. He was Oregon, and I was South Carolina. Them big Wr's went nuts!

Then I would probably have to say Nole when he was in his prime qb form. It was like he could read my mind! He knew just what plays i was picking, and passed all around me. Had to be some type of Jedi power he was using!

Next would be BFIVL, who just played smart and didn't mess up. He plays very good with the dline.

BUT... I think the sleeper pick goes to Beefy. I'm telling ya, he is letting people win. He had one of the best passing seasons ever with UTAH and his Dline skills are unreal. He could very easy take a top team and be elite but he dont want 2.

Q. You obviously have a very potent offense, how do you gameplan going into a game? Do you run the ball to open up the passing game? Vice Versa?

A. Lol... Naw. I have learned from that. I dont game plan for anybody. I just focus on improving myself after each game. I like to look at anything that gave me a problem, and see if it was a read error or slow read or something... Or if I could have done something differently. Also I learn from real life coaching and how to get the best out of my team. The biggest thing that used to get me was, I would come into a game thinking "Okay, I am gonna try and run the ball with my stud HB to set up the pass..." 1st drive, what happens? He goes down for the freaking game... now I am stuck.

Overall though, concept wise, I love Tall Wr's, Big Arm QB's and Big strong HB's. I dont understand why real life teams dont do that. The average cb is like 5'10" 175.. I could throw a big TE out there at WR at 6'7" 230ish, and you couldnt stop it unless you double him. So by using size, I am basically taking the secondary out of the picture. I tried this with Purdue, and it was funny as heck... Nole was FSU, I was Purdue... At about the 2nd qtr, dude was just sitting back at about punt return distance with his saftey to stop big plays.

I remember playing basketball in school, running in the 2-3 zone.. I went to drop back to stop the pass from getting to the middle, and the other team's 7 foot center was there. I swear I think my hand could reach just above his belly button! I felt helpless..

Q. You close the season with Florida State, who's responisble for killing "The Streak"... How do you see that game unfolding?

A. Man it's tough! I am a real life Gator and Pengy is a real FSU fan. I stay about 30 min from Tallahassee, so emotions will be high for that game. Last season, I was on the road...I started off playing well but Chuck made great adjustments, and I started having brain farts like crazy everytime I was in the redzone. This is the main reason I think I am better this time around. Pengy had a great run with Tulsa last year, winning the cup. Now his FSU team just beat Va Tech, which to me, lets me know he is red hot and could end my hopes yet again.
I think the game will be decided by 3 or 7 points. Let's see if I can take VTrun's advice from last season..

"Don't F it Up" and get a win! Just remember, at the swamp... ONLY GATORS GET OUT ALIVE!!!!!!!

Thank you, Coach Daw1git for taking the time for this interview.

-Twist
Weasel
Reactions:

Re: NDL Spotlight: #3 Florida Gators

Post by Weasel »

The problem is finding a guy who is 6'7 and can run :lol:
IceMorbid
Reactions:

Post by IceMorbid »

Nice write up! Man, the SEC is no joke this season and the NDL keeps the tough opponents coming!!! Great competition!

Good Luck Daw1git!
NDL Record 49-4 (4-0 Bowls)
S 25 - San Jose State 12-1 - Potato Bowl Champs
S 26 - Georgia 11-2 - Outback Bowl Champs
S 27 - Wake Forest 13-1 - ACC Champs - BCS Orange Bowl Champs - NDL Cup Champs
S 28 - Texas 13-0 - Big XII Champs - BCS National Champs
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Twistanutz22 wrote: Q. You are currently 6-0 (5-0), and sit at the top of the SEC East Division with a big game @ S. Carolina coming up.. How do you feel going into this match up?

A.
I am a little Nervous. Steam is a long time friend who knows how to play well. Also me and him scrimmed alot, and he felt really good about South Car, which lead him there. An Injury can take anyone out of the norm of what they like to do, which I think Could hurt him a little more than me. Also playing on the road tends to have a factor late in games.. and I am on the road.

I smell a bounty scandal coming soon! :D

Nice write up Twist!
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
fsupenguin
Reactions:

Post by fsupenguin »

Nice, I almost feel bad that I have to beat him Thursday.
Dcane7
Reactions:

Post by Dcane7 »

Great write up Twist these are becoming a favorite to read
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

Good Stuff Twista. Appreciate you doing these.

Beefy is sneaky good like Dawg said.
dealer4014
Reactions:

Post by dealer4014 »

great write up Twista, thanks for doing these...definitely enjoy reading these when they come out!
Twistanutz22
Reactions:

Post by Twistanutz22 »

Thanks guys, I really enjoy doing them! It gives me a chance to reach out to people I may have never talked to otherwise... I'll definitely keep em coming!
WJ5811
Reactions:

Post by WJ5811 »

Dawgit is the best player to never win a NDL National Title. When he quits beating himself it will happen.
PSN: WJ5811
AIM: WJ5811
JUSTIN TV USER: WJ5811
VTrunNgun
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VTrunNgun »

First and foremost - @Twist: You're killing it here man! Just like I gave praise to Block and his ESPN section, I fucking love this section too. It's been long overdue that I give you some props - great work!

Secondly - the remaining games on the schedule are no joke. If Florida makes it through the gauntlet run, they definitely deserve that top spot while playing host in the national title game.
Twistanutz22
Reactions:

Post by Twistanutz22 »

VTrunNgun wrote:First and foremost - @Twist: You're killing it here man! Just like I gave praise to Block and his ESPN section, I fucking love this section too. It's been long overdue that I give you some props - great work!
Means a lot, VTrun.. Appreciate the support :D
UclaMac
Reactions:

Post by UclaMac »

Good stuff here!

Return to “NDL:ESPN”