The UnTouchable Report (S27 - W3)

Get the latest news and NDL related articles by our talented group of writers.
UnTouchable8
Reactions:

The UnTouchable Report (S27 - W3)

Post by UnTouchable8 »

The UnTouchable Report
Season 27 - Week 3
A rundown of the week's hottest games.

ImageImage
Image #1 Alabama Crimson Tide 1-0 (0-0 SEC) BFiVL
Image #22 Texas A&M Aggies 1-0 (0-0 SEC) sinacol6
It had been a long time coming but Biffy and his dynasty at Alabama finally captured a national championship last season, going undefeated in the process. It's not surprising the Tide have been almost unanimously voted a preseason #1 in the polls by the coaches and media. Both Alabama and Texas A&M have started off the season with a win and both open SEC play against each other in this big matchup that could dictate the postseason for both teams.
WHAT TO WATCH Alabama QB AJ McCarron was nearly perfect in his first outing against Kansas. McCarron was 11-of-12 for 271 yards and 3 touchdowns against a vulnerable Jayhawk defense. The senior has quickly shown why he is on many people's early Heisman Watch lists. To nobody's surprise, his favorite target is WR Amari Cooper, who had as many receptions that game as four other receivers combined. Cooper hauled in 173 yards and 2 TDs so expect Aggie cornerbacks Toney Hurd and DeVante Harris to have their hands full all game. Each pulled in an interception last game in A&M's 35-21 win over #21 Michigan. In that game, Johnny Football proved to his skeptics that late nights at the Dixie Chicken and getting kicked out of rival-school frat parties didn't affect what he could do on the field. Manziel was nearly perfect himself, throwing 17-of-20 for 196 yards and 1 TD with 1 INT. Manziel also found the endzone twice on his feet leaving the Wolverines not knowing what hit them.
THE UNTOUCHABLE PREDICTION It doesn't bode well for the Tide that they have to travel to College Station for this early season showdown. But seeing as Biffy gave up 21 points and 379 yards of offense to Beefy, I don't think they can score enough points to cover what Manziel will do to their defense. It's a high-scoring shootout in favor of the Aggies.
41 Image | Image 45

ImageImage
Image Ole Miss Rebels 2-0 (1-0 SEC) I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Image #5 Oklahoma Sooners 2-0 (1-0 Big 12) BIGmike
Don't be surprised if Ole Miss jumps into the Top 25 next poll after impressive wins over Vanderbilt and #13 Oregon. BIGmike has also been impressive to start out the season with victories against #25 Nebraska and West Virginia. This matchup is intriguing because both teams seem to be on fire right now and statistically this is anybody's ballgame.
WHAT TO WATCH The Rebels will look to fill a tough bill heading into Norman but HB Jeff Scott looks to carry the team on his back as he has averaged 125 rushing yards per game so far this season. Ole Miss runs a balanced 50/50 pass/rush offense so look for QB Bo Wallace to distribute the ball as well. Wallace has hit 7 different receivers this season but favors his tight ends down in the red zone. Oklahoma will need LB Corey Nelson on point to cover TE Christian Morgan deep in the red zone as Morgan has already hauled in 2 TDs on just 3 receptions this season. The Sooners will rely more on their team leader Blake Bell who is really just a jack-of-all-trades. Bell is one of those dual-threat quarterbacks that you can predict what he's going to do next but you still can't stop him. Bell has yet to throw an incompletion this season and is a true delight for Sooner fans to see.
THE UNTOUCHABLE PREDICTION BIGmike and Blake Bell have been firing on all cylinders and it's going to be a bit too much for the Rebels to stop. Plus, I'm not stupid enough to bet against Mike twice in one season. :lol:
13 Image | Image 34

OTHER TOP 25 MATCHUPS
Image #10 LSU Tigers 1-0 (0-0 SEC) Block M
Image #24 Stanford Cardinal 0-1 (0-0 Pac-12) iRoccafella
-- Stanford dropped their opener against Miami. Can they bounce back and steal one at home against a solidly-coached LSU team?

Image #19 Texas Longhorns 0-0 (0-0 Big 12) xLiQx
Image #3 Virginia Tech Hokies 1-0 (0-0 ACC) VTrunNgun
-- The Hokies already stomped one Big 12 team this season, will they make it 2-for-2 against the Horns?
New Rule: Stop calling disasters with a single survivor a "miracle." When 103 people die, but one lives, that's not a miracle. That's God blowing a no-hitter in the bottom of the ninth. - Bill Maher
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

Re: The UnTouchable Report (S27 - W3)

Post by I_S33M_THAB33T_U »

nice write up bro as always. enjoy to read these weekly.
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

Good stuff Fo' Sho!

Thank you for doing this.
dealer4014
Reactions:

Post by dealer4014 »

great work UT
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by ChampDizzle »

SEC SEC SEC
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Nice write up.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
nightwing_v6
Reactions:

Post by nightwing_v6 »

Awesome write up. But no mid major love? Lol
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by ChampDizzle »

nightwing_v6 wrote:Awesome write up. But no mid major love? Lol
draft higher next season ;)
xLiQx
Reactions:

Post by xLiQx »

If anyone doesnt' know, I HATE THE SEC...gawd.
Season 25 NCAA - New Mexico Lobos 5-7
Season 26 NCAA - Arizona Wildcats 11- 3 (Pac 12 Champions, Rose Bowl Champions)
Season 1 Madden - Seattle Seahawks 12-4 NFC Champoinship game (lost)
Season 27 NCAA - Texas Longhorns 9-4 (Alamo Bowl champs vs USC)
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

Post by I_S33M_THAB33T_U »

xLiQx wrote:If anyone doesnt' know, I HATE THE SEC...gawd.

No worries, We hate you also :D

Return to “NDL:ESPN”