NFL Thread

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Cnasty »

ReignOnU wrote:I'm going with the counter argument... he gets drafted earlier than he should because he is gay. 1 of those 32 teams wants the publicity.
I was just following Reign's devils advocate of it improving his draft stock :)
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:Sure people found out and now he is saying it before the draft because he wanted to do it on his terms, but why not announce it when he enrolled at mizzou, or sophomore year, or when he graduated, or a random thursday at a practice?
The only way to answer this is with a question, why announce it then?

We're not certain he was going to announce it no matter what before the draft, the word is that he's doing so because so many people know and he doesn't want it to leak out and catch teammates/GMs/owner off guard after he's already on the team.

I think you're digging a bit too deep on the "rather obivous" front, so no more talking about my love for arguing semantics. :lol:
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:
ReignOnU wrote:I'm going with the counter argument... he gets drafted earlier than he should because he is gay. 1 of those 32 teams wants the publicity.
I was just following Reign's devils advocate of it improving his draft stock :)
I wanna disagree and laugh at how terrilbe that point is...but Jacksonville does kind of fit the bill here. :lol:
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Im glad you picked up my very obvious argument on semantics to see how we feel when you go that route.

success!!! :)
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

OracleHCR wrote:
shel311 wrote:
OracleHCR wrote:
ajalves wrote:
jsence2 wrote:This kid has more guts and courage than the "anonymous" GMs and scouts saying crap
so people who are gay have to announce it to the world? if so, for some reason, that is them displaying courage?

strange
It's not courage. It's a "look at me. Look at me" thing.
Are you 2 talking about Sam or what? :lol:

What he did rather obviously took courage and it also rather obviously wasn't a "look at me" deal.
I was talking about coming out in general concurring with ajalves question. Why the need to get in everybody's face and flaunt your sexuality? There is no need. The reason to come out in such a manner is to draw attention to yourself. I along with most rational people don't care. I also don't want it pushed in my face all the time. Just because you are homosexual doesn't mean you have to be militant about it.
you are literally talking out your ass right now. I say stupid shit all the time, but jesus christ. Hes being militant about being gay? hes in our face? hes the media making the big deal out of this? make sense man
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

reading comprehension skills required.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Cnasty wrote:
shel311 wrote:
OracleHCR wrote:
ajalves wrote:
jsence2 wrote:This kid has more guts and courage than the "anonymous" GMs and scouts saying crap
so people who are gay have to announce it to the world? if so, for some reason, that is them displaying courage?

strange
It's not courage. It's a "look at me. Look at me" thing.
Are you 2 talking about Sam or what? :lol:

What he did rather obviously took courage and it also rather obviously wasn't a "look at me" deal.
Not sure rather obvious as we honestly don't know his intentions. It could improve his draft stock which would make it a definite look at me, self marketing or it backfires on the timing and he drops in a projected draft slot.

Why now? Why not his sophomore year in college or after he gets drafted?

Not as obvious as you are making it out to be imo

Because NFL scouts and execs were starting to ask questions about his girlfriend, if he'd ever had one, etc.

So he figured it was better to have it coming from him than to have it discovered by someone else.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Why the need to get in everybody's face and flaunt your sexuality? There is no need. - Whos face is he getting into? does Sam's own NBC, CBS, NFL, etc?
The reason to come out in such a manner is to draw attention to yourself. - ??? He came out because people wanting to out him and get the story and he wanted to make sure that it was brought out on his terms. he originally wanted to tell people after the NFL draft
I along with most rational people don't care. - This might be true. You dont care so much youre making up shit about how they go about telling people theyre gay
I also don't want it pushed in my face all the time. - Who pushes it in your face?
Just because you are homosexual doesn't mean you have to be militant about it. - lol wat?

all i've concluded from this is you're an ignorant old man. thankfully i dont know you personally cause you're a clown
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

OracleHCR wrote: I was talking about coming out in general concurring with ajalves question.
I was not referring specifically to Sam.
You're a fucking moron nick. go back to ignoring me and I'll go back to ignoring you.
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

OracleHCR wrote:
OracleHCR wrote: I was talking about coming out in general concurring with ajalves question.
YOUR a fucking moron nick. go back to ignoring me and I'll go back to ignoring you.
I changed it for you, really gets him going...
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

Nah. He isn't smart enough to catch that.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

cougnix wrote:
OracleHCR wrote:
YOUR a fucking moron nick. go back to ignoring me and I'll go back to ignoring you.
I pointed out irony, I dont care what you have to say :lol:
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

OracleHCR wrote:Nah. He isn't smart enough to catch that.
from the fact you think Gays have been militant about coming out / wanting publicity / all the ridiculous shit you say, the sperm I nutted into a sock last night is probably more intelligent than you
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

where have you been? what have you fucking done in your insignificant life? I've been around the world. I have a college degree. I have 3 kids that are all doing well for themselves. I can speak from experiences I've had in different countries and different cities and states. You can talk about how you wacked off in a sock last night. I've already stated I have gay friends. I've had plenty of them. If you could read you'd have seen and understood that.
You're too stupid to quit smoking pot for a month so you can get a good job.
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

nick wrote:
cougnix wrote:
OracleHCR wrote:
I pointed out irony, I dont care what you have to say :lol:
Lol, found this for you.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/irony

Pay real close attention to the last point made on the page...
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

nick wrote:
from the fact you think Gays have been militant about coming out / wanting publicity / all the ridiculous shit you say, the sperm I nutted into a sock last night is probably more intelligent than you
so you bash the shit out of people who are really religious.....

you either accept everyone for their beliefs and sexual orientation or not.

calling someone a dumb old man is rich coming from someone who's like 25 :lol:
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

ajalves wrote:
nick wrote:
so you bash the shit out of people who are really religious.....

you either accept everyone for their beliefs and sexual orientation or not.

calling someone a dumb old man is rich coming from someone who's like 25 :lol:

I wasn't going to be the one to say it.....so thank you :lol:

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

OracleHCR wrote:
ajalves wrote:

strange
It's not courage. It's a "look at me. Look at me" thing. I could give a shit less if you are gay. I have gay friends and none of them are the in your face this is my lifestyle type people. I know other people that are gay and are the in your face type people and I don't want to be around them. What you do with your life is your business. I don't want or need to hear about it.
mannnnn :lol:
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

please dont compare bashing sexual orientation to religion. please.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Return to “Off Topic Forum”