2053 Season Thread- Bill Simmons Has a New Favorite Team

Out of the Park Baseball League

Moderators: Cnasty, Ry, nick

dakshdar
Reactions:

Re: 2053 Season Thread- Bill Simmons Has a New Favorite Team

Post by dakshdar »

The_Niddler wrote:
cougnix wrote:Right, so instead we will break up a team and not look at the impact of taking away owners and the financials that go with it...
Negative nancy, what owner has been taken away?
Corey is still here. This is not disbanding his team. This is letting 29 teams have 1 of his guys. He has 8 protected players, so he knows he will still have a good team, just no depth.

What financials go with it? The commish already said that the new team of the player will take over all of that players financials, so to not hurt Corey twice, he loses a player, but gains the money, so he can now go sign a FA to replace him.

This really isn't hard to understand.
In the second part of his comment he's talking about the fact that we effectively removed owners and their "give/take" potentials which, ostensibly, are in the game for a reason and he is saying maybe we didn't consider all the impacts of that. I admit I don't know why we were hard up to stop owners from giving extra money - I assume the game figures out how much and why based on a number of factors. I know people were unhappy that owners take money, but I haven't seen that be part of the adjustment as often (if at all) these two seasons? I'm also too lazy to look back a few posts right now to check if it happened this year, so there is that.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

former pitcher Arthur Kline is now a scout. kinda cool.
plasma1896
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by plasma1896 »

nick wrote:former pitcher Arthur Kline is now a scout. kinda cool.
STEVEN HAYES was one of my coaches. i think he was a stud pitcher AJ had before i left in 2020
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

plasma1896 wrote:
STEVEN HAYES was one of my coaches. i think he was a stud pitcher AJ had before i left in 2020
ya i dont wanna talk about Hays... :evil:
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

plasma1896 wrote:
HOFer...check his history
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Hayes was Hoffman before there was a Hoffman.

AJ had possibly the best rotation in baseball for a good 5-7 seasons maybe?

That seems like so long ago.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

Cnasty wrote:Hayes was Hoffman before there was a Hoffman.

AJ had possibly the best rotation in baseball for a good 5-7 seasons maybe?

That seems like so long ago.
it was

I actually meant to check his coaching history

he coached for us for a while too
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

dakshdar wrote:
The_Niddler wrote:
cougnix wrote:Right, so instead we will break up a team and not look at the impact of taking away owners and the financials that go with it...
Corey is still here. This is not disbanding his team. This is letting 29 teams have 1 of his guys. He has 8 protected players, so he knows he will still have a good team, just no depth.

What financials go with it? The commish already said that the new team of the player will take over all of that players financials, so to not hurt Corey twice, he loses a player, but gains the money, so he can now go sign a FA to replace him.

In the second part of his comment he's talking about the fact that we effectively removed owners and their "give/take" potentials which, ostensibly, are in the game for a reason and he is saying maybe we didn't consider all the impacts of that. I admit I don't know why we were hard up to stop owners from giving extra money - I assume the game figures out how much and why based on a number of factors. I know people were unhappy that owners take money, but I haven't seen that be part of the adjustment as often (if at all) these two seasons? I'm also too lazy to look back a few posts right now to check if it happened this year, so there is that.
I can clarify this really easily. If you are running at a negative, going over budget, or going in debt your owner will give you large chunks of money to help or be a fail-safe for that. We got rid of it because we are in charge in how we spend so we do not want guys just going way over knowing you will be saved which you will be no matter what your owner personality is.

As far as taking cash, we have it set so that you can not have more than 50 million in cash. Two teams had cash taken from them by their owners during this rollover. Boston and Moose Jaw both had cash taken by their owner that left them with exactly 50 million cash. This was not by me but by the owner. I just do not annotate that in the owner cash on the first post as it just adds confusion and they still end up at 50 million so they just have 0s listed as well.

This is why I tried to explain to guys owner personalities played no factor in that, the game built in safeties and we just took them away and made ourselves responsible for our own teams as we should be.
BlackRain
Reactions:

Post by BlackRain »

Wasted Memory wrote:Haha, sorry about your luck Vegas
I will be alright after I terminate the options on four players this offseason, should be close to positive, hopefully! Appreciate the heads up, fucker! :) :roll: When you coming back to Vegas? Plasma1896 will be out here soon! We all should meet up!
ACTIVISION ACCOUNT NAME - CROSS GEN.- XBOX - (RONIN-BLACKRAIN)
Ry
Reactions:

Post by Ry »

Johnny Michael Jr, 42, and owner of the Alabama Bears sent a memo to Bigry, the GM with this season's goals.

1. Extend Cam Wilson
2. Cut payroll to 95,000,000 from 101,600,000

Johnny Michael Jr, a day at the office.

Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

BigRy wrote:Johnny Michael Jr, 42, and owner of the Alabama Bears sent a memo to Bigry, the GM with this season's goals.

1. Extend Cam Wilson
2. Cut payroll to 95,000 from 101,600,000

Johnny Michael Jr, a day at the office.
Is that a typo? $95,000? :lol:
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

BlackRain wrote:
Wasted Memory wrote:Haha, sorry about your luck Vegas
I will be alright after I terminate the options on four players this offseason, should be close to positive, hopefully! Appreciate the heads up, fucker! :) :roll: When you coming back to Vegas? Plasma1896 will be out here soon! We all should meet up!

One of the guys here in the office got a "girlfriend" out in Vegas. He's been taking all the Vegas trips.
doc
Reactions:

Post by doc »

wdoupis wrote:
dakshdar wrote:
The_Niddler wrote:

I can clarify this really easily. If you are running at a negative, going over budget, or going in debt your owner will give you large chunks of money to help or be a fail-safe for that. We got rid of it because we are in charge in how we spend so we do not want guys just going way over knowing you will be saved which you will be no matter what your owner personality is.

As far as taking cash, we have it set so that you can not have more than 50 million in cash. Two teams had cash taken from them by their owners during this rollover. Boston and Moose Jaw both had cash taken by their owner that left them with exactly 50 million cash. This was not by me but by the owner. I just do not annotate that in the owner cash on the first post as it just adds confusion and they still end up at 50 million so they just have 0s listed as well.

This is why I tried to explain to guys owner personalities played no factor in that, the game built in safeties and we just took them away and made ourselves responsible for our own teams as we should be.
Old adage you must spend money to make money. So we should always be on budget and don't go over to make our teams better? As an owner if my budget was X and had a chance to improve my win totals and spend money I think I would knowing I might have to give back to the pot. Was the 50 mil that big of a deal was it killing us as a league or is it the we are the owners? Just been confused and have been. It took me 4 seasons last time to come out of my debt and that was my owner giving me money. 4 seasons is a lot of time it didn't happen in 1 season. I'm not trying to be a jerk just asking.

My team started the season at budget due to multiple injures. I went out and got a SP and 3B should I have gotten a lesser SP/3B that didn't effect my budget as much or got who I got. Guess I never thought about it till now. I had 88 wins might have only been 78 and lost at the gate. Who Knows
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

BTW, thread title grade: C+

:)
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Thumbs Up, that shoulda been the title, simple and to the point.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Beginning of the end
qazhby
Reactions:

Post by qazhby »

Damn Mike Leyva just keeps getting better
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote:Thumbs Up, that shoulda been the title, simple and to the point.

ImageImageImage
Boston_Rob
Reactions:

Post by Boston_Rob »

GeorgesGoons wrote:
shel311 wrote:Thumbs Up, that shoulda been the title, simple and to the point.

His 5th title?
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Fits with last season's title as well.

Return to “Old OOTP Baseball”