Re: 2085 Season Thread... Sweet Home Chicago

Post by Neurotic »

wdoupis wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:00 pm You are a fucking idiot
K.
Roggie
Reactions:

Post by Roggie »

TheGobOne wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:26 pm Wow Rivera got robbed of MVP. He's a catcher and Ramos is a DH lmao. What is this game.
I'm still trying to figure out how Wolfe won it in the NL with his 6 WAR while 2 guys with 8 WAR finish 2nd and 5th. Hamilton leads the entire file in WAR this year and gets 5th in the MVP vote. What a joke.
Roggie
Reactions:

Post by Roggie »

nick wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:01 pm *
Quoting for truth.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

We'd never hear from some folks if they weren't bitching about something.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Thing is Neurotic is the one that told me about the modifiers near the end of 21. Explained them to me and told me we should change them like he does in the Dugout. We even compared the modifiers from our leagues. Then he told me that before going to 22 you should always click restore to defaults and when I did that stats really went crazy so I had to change them back to what they were as it had like 15 guys hitting over 60 HRs in the preseason predictions. Mike knows exactly what modifiers do and he also knows what he is saying is total bull shit. I spoke with Mike, the developers and the guy who runs Stats + about all of this stuff. I don't know why he is changing tune and saying things he knows is not true. I am guessing he is just a sad and bitter kind of dude.

That being said I am more than happy to step down from running this thing if that is what you guys want. If you guys think it was some shady thing and its time for someone else then lets go to someone else. I've ran it a long time and I am tired of quite a few of you guys anyways.
Neurotic
Reactions:

Post by Neurotic »

shel311 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:18 pm We'd never hear from some folks if they weren't bitching about something.
lmao, yeah sure. You push some of the best owners this league has ever seen away. Bring back the cheaters. And then wonder why activity is down. What a wonder.
Neurotic
Reactions:

Post by Neurotic »

wdoupis wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:40 pm Thing is Neurotic is the one that told me about the modifiers near the end of 21. Explained them to me and told me we should change them like he does in the Dugout. We even compared the modifiers from our leagues. Then he told me that before going to 22 you should always click restore to defaults and when I did that stats really went crazy so I had to change them back to what they were as it had like 15 guys hitting over 60 HRs in the preseason predictions. Mike knows exactly what modifiers do and he also knows what he is saying is total bull shit. I spoke with Mike, the developers and the guy who runs Stats + about all of this stuff. I don't know why he is changing tune and saying things he knows is not true. I am guessing he is just a sad and bitter kind of dude.

That being said I am more than happy to step down from running this thing if that is what you guys want. If you guys think it was some shady thing and its time for someone else then lets go to someone else. I've ran it a long time and I am tired of quite a few of you guys anyways.
I told you to try resetting them before we ported to OOTP22 because typically when you port you reset modifiers and it increases offense for a season or two (by a run or so game, not this dramatic shift). The thought was that pre-emptively resetting them would make the transition not so severe. Never did I tell you to try and dial them to whatever you think league wide statistics should be. I certainly didn't tell you to keep modifying them mid season.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Neurotic wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:41 pm
shel311 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:18 pm We'd never hear from some folks if they weren't bitching about something.
lmao, yeah sure. You push some of the best owners this league has ever seen away. Bring back the cheaters. And then wonder why activity is down. What a wonder.
:lol:
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

wdoupis wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:40 pm That being said I am more than happy to step down from running this thing if that is what you guys want. If you guys think it was some shady thing and its time for someone else then lets go to someone else. I've ran it a long time and I am tired of quite a few of you guys anyways.
This is perfect timing based on Neurotic's nonsensical post right above :lol:
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

You 100% told me to modify them and the reset to defaults was a season or two later. The reset to defaults just never mattered because I took a screen shot prior and just put them back when I realized it went crazy.

You also know what modifiers do and that it doesn’t somehow help my team more than others. You are misleading people on purpose for whatever reason.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

shel311 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:47 pm
wdoupis wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:40 pm That being said I am more than happy to step down from running this thing if that is what you guys want. If you guys think it was some shady thing and its time for someone else then lets go to someone else. I've ran it a long time and I am tired of quite a few of you guys anyways.
This is perfect timing based on Neurotic's nonsensical post right above :lol:
He wasn’t one of them until he started this nonsense. He was my backup Commish
Roggie
Reactions:

Post by Roggie »

wdoupis wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:48 pm
You also know what modifiers do and that it doesn’t somehow help my team more than others. You are misleading people on purpose for whatever reason.
This part is 100% false though. Modifiers CAN help some teams more than others based on how teams are built... Just imagine if you juice up a baseball so it flies harder on impact. That'll affect offense for everybody, but teams with home run hitters will see more of a benefit than a team of small ball guys, while also having a bigger negative impact on fly ball pitchers compared to ground ball guys.

To be clear, I'm not saying you did anything on purpose. Just saying that it's not an even change for everyone based on team composition.
Neurotic
Reactions:

Post by Neurotic »

wdoupis wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:48 pm You 100% told me to modify them and the reset to defaults was a season or two later. The reset to defaults just never mattered because I took a screen shot prior and just put them back when I realized it went crazy.

I told you to reset them prior to spring training and test them in spring training. It boosted offense too much so we put them back after spring training before the season started. That all happened at one time.

My comment earlier was mostly satire when it came to nefarious actions. I don’t think you intentionally changed modifiers to help your own team, however I don’t like the way it was handled. I also think you’re a team that benefited more than others from the change.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Neurotic wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:59 pm
wdoupis wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:48 pm You 100% told me to modify them and the reset to defaults was a season or two later. The reset to defaults just never mattered because I took a screen shot prior and just put them back when I realized it went crazy.

I told you to reset them prior to spring training and test them in spring training. It boosted offense too much so we put them back after spring training before the season started. That all happened at one time.
This just isn't true. I know you run two other leagues and its a simple thing to forgot but it is 100% not the way it went.
Neurotic
Reactions:

Post by Neurotic »

It’s absolutely true. Iirc there was even discussion from it in a season thread.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

its not actually that big of a deal.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

nick wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:10 pm its not actually that big of a deal.
Preach
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

TheGobOne wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:26 pm Wow Rivera got robbed of MVP. He's a catcher and Ramos is a DH lmao. What is this game.
It was a tie, so in player profiles the both won.
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

Neurotic wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:41 pm
I hope you're not referring to me as one of these "cheaters" that came back. You don't even know me. I'm not smart enough to cheat at this game even if I wanted to.

Return to “Old OOTP Baseball”