Fanduel / Draft Kings Discussion

Various fantasy sports leagues for NDL members.
nick
Reactions:

Re: Fanduel / Draft Kings Discussion

Post by nick »

trendon wrote:
nick wrote:
trendon wrote:I am 2-0 Vs Condia
avoid him if u can. he makes a healthy living off this.
You can't. He plays everything; down to the $5 games.
i meant h2h
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

i dunno if this is $$ or individual wins, but this is Condia on Fanduel

Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Is that kind of statistic only accessible on the website?
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Those are his individual wins.

While he's a good player, I actually don't consider him one of the best. There are far better players out there. He just has so much money in play with an above average winning percentage that he continues to make a good profit. Think of him as taking the Walmart approach... sell more at a lower price. :-)
PSN: ReignOnU
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Rotogrinders.com has rankings that can give you some insight on players.

About 2yrs ago they had to adjust their rankings system because it was actually showing the $ amount that players were winning and some of the top guys didn't like that. Now they do it based off of wins.

If you're using the mobile site on Fan Duel, you're seriously limiting yourself. I helped design their mobile app with a programmer from Germany and 1 of their local guys in New York. While it's far better than what most other sites offer, it still leaves a lot to be desired and doesn't let you take advantage of some matchmaking tricks that you can do on the regular site.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

What sort of things should we be looking at on basketball monster?

I've found the daily projections and how to sort and customize towards each site's points system. Then I see how to export to Excel and see the prices, point projection, and value. Anything else?

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to use this info and whether there's some sort of calculation or formula to assist in finding an optimal lineup.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

From a conversation with another NDLer...
value is their projected fantasy points
their ratio is fantasy points per 10k spent
if you just want to use their ratio, you need +45 average per player to win consistently
Make sure you set any adjustments for playing against the opponent... I don't know what they have this season, but it could be something like Position vs Opp or pace. If someone wants to give me their log in, I'll jump in and look around, then give you my recommendations.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ReignOnU wrote:From a conversation with another NDLer...
value is their projected fantasy points
their ratio is fantasy points per 10k spent
if you just want to use their ratio, you need +45 average per player to win consistently
Make sure you set any adjustments for playing against the opponent... I don't know what they have this season, but it could be something like Position vs Opp or pace. If someone wants to give me their log in, I'll jump in and look around, then give you my recommendations.
Sweet, I was wondering what the ratio was. It says "value per $" but wasn't as simple as dividing the price by the projection. I tried that to get the cost per projected point but it didn't match the ratio, so i was wondering how it was calculated.

Good to hear i'm on the right track, Corey and I messed with it last night, played a free roll and a $2 tourney just to see how it worked. Our team didn't do well at all...but every 1 of the 8 guys we picked were over 45 on ratio, averaging 48.63.

As for your last point, "Ease" may be what you're talking about? It's defined as "Ease of player scheduled based on their position"...my question on that would be, wouldn't the ease of schedule be factored into their ratio and projected point total?

Gonna PM my user info now...We're only on Draft Kings right now, I had a roster you can see on there from yesterday 11/3. I also have a partial one today, but moreso was just messing around, nothing remotely confirmed on today's lineup.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

The adjustments like Ease, has to be checked for it to be factored into the projections. You should see different numbers for value if the box is checked or not. Right now, I believe it uses last season's results for the Ease, until 20-30 games into the season. You'll need to be mindful of this for opponents that made major changes... like a team playing against the Cavs.

I'll try to hit up the site with your info later this afternoon and get back to you. Now that quite a few people are getting involved, I may just make a master Q&A or FAQ thread for everyone.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

ReignOnU wrote:I'll try to hit up the site with your info later this afternoon and get back to you. Now that quite a few people are getting involved, I may just make a master Q&A or FAQ thread for everyone.
You rock
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

It has BBM Factors. It accounts for opponent strength, recent performance, home/away, etc.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

finished 1164th of 11494 last night lol, tripled up. been doing so so, stopped posting lineups "cause i jinx myself"
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

Today's big value play appears to be Reggie Jackson.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

trendon wrote:Today's big value play appears to be Reggie Jackson.
as long as Shane Larkin (PG - NY) is starting and only $4600, i'll be playing him, and possibly Miles Plumlee (C - Phx) whos taking on LAL who are awful
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

A good idea to have open discussions about it as a group btw... when I initially envisioned creating a team to attack DFS, that was the kind of thought that I had in mind. 6-7 guys sharing knowledge to absolutely slaughter everyone else.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

im 17-4 prizing on fanduel with just the NBA. but then i lose my money on other dumb shit. If I could not be a junkie and bet every sport I could do well
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

ReignOnU wrote:A good idea to have open discussions about it as a group btw... when I initially envisioned creating a team to attack DFS, that was the kind of thought that I had in mind. 6-7 guys sharing knowledge to absolutely slaughter everyone else.
8-)
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

ReignOnU wrote:A good idea to have open discussions about it as a group btw... when I initially envisioned creating a team to attack DFS, that was the kind of thought that I had in mind. 6-7 guys sharing knowledge to absolutely slaughter everyone else.
This is what my newbie suggestion was in teaming up with Shel. We both added a certain amount to the bankroll and we plan to play that way based on the info from BM.

Having you, Nick join along with Trendon or others I can see this being not only fun but making a little cash on the side.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

im trying super hard to make a lineup with Harden/Bledsoe/Lebron and Davis in it. but my remaining guys are awful, very awful. all starting tho.

Cole / Vazquez / Harden / Bledsoe / James / Acy / Davis / Marvin Williams / Miles Plumlee

Vazquez is my only non starter but as a Raps fan I know a lil more about him and he will play minutes, and I could see Toronto crushingggg OKC tonight so he will get his minutes.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Thoughts, comments, concerns...

Return to “Fantasy Sports”