UFC 135

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
steelcitychaos
Reactions:

UFC 135

Post by steelcitychaos »

I know this thread is a day early, but the wife and I will be there in person and I am really excited and dont know what to expect. We were not brave enough to buy tickets on the floor but we are sitting club level. Its funny this is how we are celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary, so instead of chasing the boys around the house, we are using our night off to go to a UFC championship fight.
jsence2
Reactions:

Re: UFC 135

Post by jsence2 »

My gf will be very jealous, she's a huge Matt Hughes fan :lol:

I personally hope Rampage gets his ass knocked out, I've never been able to stand him and his mouth. All this "Jones is insulting my trainers" stuff sounds like crybaby talk.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
Hoos
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Hoos »

Rampage!
steelcitychaos
Reactions:

Post by steelcitychaos »

I don't know how much Matt Hughes has left but I hope he has enough to beat koschek, not that I don't like koschek I just don't want to see Hughes go out like liddell. I like rampage and Jones, but unless he changed his style I think Jones is to well rounded and will take rampage. I wouldn't be surprised if rampage caught him
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

I still say Rampage
SuddenBlues
Reactions:

Post by SuddenBlues »

I love Hughes but I just dont see him winning this match vs Koscheck. I am routing for him but I say it goes the distance and Koscheck wins a split decision. Get ready for a great wrestling match because these two are two of the best wrestlers in the UFC.

I am actually looking forward to the Diaz vs Gomi fight. I keep hearing great things about Gomi but I have yet to see anything from him. I think it will be a good fight because if Diaz losses again he will be in trouble. 3 in a row is not a good thing in the UFC. I say Diaz submits Gomi in the 2nd round.

The other two fights are heavyweight fights and there is going to be some KOs for sure. I heard good things about Rothwell so we will see how he does but I always enjoy watching heavyweights fights. Only thing better then that is the 135 and 145 pounders going at it.

Ahhhh the fight I have been waiting for, Jon "Bones" Jones vs Rampage Jackson. I am a HUGE Bones Jones fan since he came into the UFC. He is so fun to watch because he can hit you from anywhere and I remember the time he jumped off the cage and hit someone. Absolutely electric! Rampage is good but he was better in Pride and unless he gets a lucky punch, which is possible, I think that Jones wins. I say TKO in round 3. I know this fight is not going all 5 rounds, hell it might not go past round 2 but it will be a great fight.

Sidenote: Anyone watching the new Ultimate fighter that started Wednesday? If you havent you should this season is going to be awesome. I loved the idea of having the fights at the Mandalay Bay Event Center.
autiger730
Reactions:

Post by autiger730 »

I think I said it before, but the only chance Rampage has is to knock Jones out on their feet. If it goes to the ground Rampage will get dominated. Difference in the Hughes/Koschek fight to me is Matt tries to finish fights. He's not a lay and prayer, Koschek is. I can't think of any good reason why gomi of diaz should beat the other one. Should be a good fight. I know shit about the other 4 guys in the HW fights.

Jones wins.
Hughes wins.
Browne wins.
Rothwell wins.
Diaz wins.
PSN & 360: AUTiger730
SuddenBlues
Reactions:

Post by SuddenBlues »

I agree with you on Hughes he has always tried to finish fights but Koscheck has improved and looks to knock people out a little more now. I just dont see Koscheck laying on Hughes in this fight. Hughes is to good of a wrestler to let that happen.

The only heavyweight I know of is Rothwell but looking at there records the other 3 HWs dont seem bad. I always like watching the bigger guys try to knock each others heads off lol
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

My Picks:

Assuncao over Yagin (Submission - RNC)
Romero over Te Huna (Decision)
Mizugaki over Escovedo (Decision)
Boetsch over Ring (TKO - Strikes)
Ferguson over Riley (KO)
Hunt over Rothwell (KO)
Diaz over Gomi (Submission - Guillotine)
Browne over Broughton (TKO - Strikes)
Koscheck over Hughes (TKO - Strikes)
Jones over Jackson (Decision)
PSN: ReignOnU
autiger730
Reactions:

Post by autiger730 »

ReignOnU wrote:My Picks:
PSN & 360: AUTiger730
SuddenBlues
Reactions:

Post by SuddenBlues »

autiger730 wrote:
ReignOnU wrote:My Picks:
:lol: i thought the same thing
fsupenguin
Reactions:

Post by fsupenguin »

If anyone has a link it would be very much appreciated if you could shoot me a message.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Well, I believe Jones will win, however, I don't see Rampage getting knocked out. And if you know Jackson's track record, he's rarely been submitted. So that leaves 5 rounds of Jackson laying on his back and eating elbows/fists. If it's a TKO, is probably going to be one that Rampage would question and say shouldn't have been stopped.
PSN: ReignOnU
dealer4014
Reactions:

Post by dealer4014 »

fsupenguin wrote:If anyone has a link it would be very much appreciated if you could shoot me a message.
prelims are currently on Spike
dealer4014
Reactions:

Post by dealer4014 »

wow, what an awesome trip takedown
thedonkeysho
Reactions:

Post by thedonkeysho »

Hey dealer, shoot me a link if you find a good one. I'll be looking too
AIM: pacs71800
PSN: thedonkeysho
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

dealer4014 wrote:wow, what an awesome trip takedown
:shock:
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

Broken jaw in 1st round in the next fight, not bad action!
dealer4014
Reactions:

Post by dealer4014 »

DRWebs wrote:Broken jaw in 1st round in the next fight, not bad action!
definitely didn't look good, a lot of blood come from his mouth....this next fight had a pretty good ending that their about to show
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

dealer4014 wrote:
DRWebs wrote:Broken jaw in 1st round in the next fight, not bad action!
definitely didn't look good, a lot of blood come from his mouth....this next fight had a pretty good ending that their about to show
Good start

Return to “Off Topic Forum”