County Title here we come...Fireworks inside the Gym.

Share tips, idea, health and fun idea for the kids of the NDL.
CrimsonBassn78
Reactions:

County Title here we come...Fireworks inside the Gym.

Post by CrimsonBassn78 »

My daughters 3rd grade team won their first two games Thursday night of the County Tournament. The first game was against Geraldine and it started off slow for our girls. The Bulldogs were forcing our girls to make bad passes and silly turnovers.If the Bulldogs could have gotten the ball past the free throw line they might have made it a game. After the Eagles settled down they rattled off 18 straight points to lead 18-1 at the half. The subs played nearly the entire 2nd half and finished the game 29-5.

So they got about an hour or so to rest up then had another game against Collinsville. This was one of two teams that really gave our girls trouble earlier in November. Our game started out very close and was neck & neck with the score being 4-4 at the end of the first quarter. The second quarter was just about the same and the half time score was 11-9 our way. After the 3rd quarter it was tied 16 all the girls looked like they were gassed. One of the girls on the team stood up, got in front of the team while they were resting on the bench and said "I'm not ready to stop playing basketball, we are not going to lose this game do you hear me?" All the parents starting cheering and hollering, I felt like running through the wall lol. :lol:

With about 2 mins to go it was 21-16 and our girls were in the double bonus because the other kids were just mauling them. One of the Collinsville kids fell down while she was dribbling so one of our kids tried to help her up. While she was reaching down to help her the kid's mom and another woman come flying out of the stands hollering at our girl pushing her out of the way.

I was standing at the end of the court sort of in shock seeing two adults just bowl over a 3rd grade kid like that. So as you could imagine there was a collective "ohhh" from the crowd as the ref's promptly ejected her. So the game ended and it was horrible because while all this is going on the classy parents from Collinsville were taunting the refs, telling our kids they sucked and just acting like thugs. It turned an otherwise close game into an embarrassing event for not only our kids but the kids that got to see their parents act like that. I felt bad for one little girl from Collinsville that kept trying to get her dad who was trying to pick a fight with another dad to just leave. She was crying and pulling her dad's jacket but he was steadily running his mouth at a man holding a small child about a year old. I've coached softball and seen dad's and moms get mad but there is no sense to act like that, especially as young as these kids are.

Of all times to leave my video camera at home...now we wait to see who we play in the championship game. One more game to finish the season undefeated and county champs, Go Eagles!!!

Return to “Kids Corner”