When In Texas...

Going on a trip? Looking for some travel advice or places to visit? This is your place.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

When In Texas...

Post by Wasted Memory »

I'm in Dallas Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday then Houston Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

Where's the must eat places? In Dallas I'm out by Lovefield, in Houston I'll be out by Bush International.
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Re: When In Texas...

Post by texasfan4444 »

I always hit up Pappasitos (mexican) for a casual atmosphere in Dallas. Also by DFW there is a hip restaurant called Cool River Cafe. It's full of 30-40 something MILFS. The parking lot is often stocked with benz's, lamborghini, jags, etc.

The Original Pancake House is there too. Great breakfast spot.

Houston.....I ate at some Colombian restaurant which I'll have to look up. But it had some authentic stuff I only see at my moms house from time to time. Empanadas, arepas, paella etc.
JohnnyP
Reactions:

Post by JohnnyP »

If you go to Fort Worth, which is about 40 min away, go to Cattlemans. Best steak you will EVER have. I think they are top five steak house in the country. (Ask for Morgan and I'll let her know and maybe can give you a discount). I have only been out to dallas a couple times and it was for the night life. Not too sure about eating. Cattlemans for sure if you want a good steak.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

I've been to a Cattleman's before, it was a great steak. I'll see about getting out there.

I saw Pappasitos, it was next to Pappa's BBQ, Pappas Bros, and Pappadeux's. Had a good laugh about this and then ate at Pappadeux's. It was good food. Guy traveling with me is killing me. We're in Texas and he's telling me he can't eat Mexican food, makes him sick. I just shook my head... I bet he'll be interested in this Cool River Cafe though.

Thanks guys.
JohnnyP
Reactions:

Post by JohnnyP »

Well let me know if/when you go to cattlemans and i can maybe hook you up
RanDawg
Reactions:

Post by RanDawg »

Rudy's . . . is a BBQ place . . . the BEST is in Austin, but there are a locations here in Houston that are still worth it.

http://www.rudysbbq.com/page/home
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

RanDawg wrote:Rudy's . . . is a BBQ place . . . the BEST is in Austin, but there are a locations here in Houston that are still worth it.

http://www.rudysbbq.com/page/home
Those are the BbQ places that double as a gas station correct? I think that's pretty good BBQ but certainly there is better in Texas. The hot links are money though.
RanDawg
Reactions:

Post by RanDawg »

That is correct . . . they do. I'm from Texas (born and raised) and I consider it some of the best.
VeniVediV1ci
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VeniVediV1ci »

sucks you're not in austin because the best bbq in the world is 30 min south of Austin at The Salt Lick (saltlickbbq.com)

As for Houston, gotta hit up Chuy's for some inexpensive but fantastic tex-mex. I can't tell you how much I miss the (tex-) Mexican food because california mexican ain't shit compared to it. Chuy's is off of Alabama and Westheimer if I remember correctly

Bars in Houston are on Washington street which is kinda far from everything, but a decent spot with a street full of them. Depending how much country you can handle go to Rebel's to see some good looking girls who want to dance.

Dallas I don't know too well other than when we're smoking Bearass's crimson and cream ass, but the blonde 42-year old MILFs will be everywhere
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Couldn't get the other two to agree to ride out to Ft. Worth. Thanks for the offer though Johnny.

Might be in Austin in July, big conference coming up there. Believe we're going to try and hit Rudy's up tonight. I'm traveling with another guy and a girl, getting them to agree on anything is like pulling teeth right now. Seriously, we're in Texas and they choose eating at Tokyo One last night...utterly ridiculous.

Return to “Travel”