Stat padding

All NDL or video game football related conversations go here.
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Stat padding

Post by Nole4real »

This message is mostly for new guys

A big part of your final score is coaches reports. 40% to be exact, in comparison to your season success being 20%.

20% of your coaches score is sportsmanship.

While there is no rule in place for stat padding, keep in mind there is a mass substitution option. Keeping your starting HB in for example when you're up by a bunch in the 2nd half will probably earn you very poor sportsmanship evaluations. If you dont have time to pause, as we've discussed before, you can feed your fb....alot of forms even have the fb as hb package.

You can also move away from your "money plays" to plays that are generally less successful.

Keep in mind you are perfectly in your rights to disagree. If you want to ride the edge of a blowout and push the stats to the limit, go for it but it is well within the rights of your opponent to grade you at a zero.
xLiQx
Reactions:

Re: Stat padding

Post by xLiQx »

Me being a new guy, I endorse this message, take it easy on me. :lol:
Season 25 NCAA - New Mexico Lobos 5-7
Season 26 NCAA - Arizona Wildcats 11- 3 (Pac 12 Champions, Rose Bowl Champions)
Season 1 Madden - Seattle Seahawks 12-4 NFC Champoinship game (lost)
Season 27 NCAA - Texas Longhorns 9-4 (Alamo Bowl champs vs USC)
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

Post by I_S33M_THAB33T_U »

im padding my int stats. Rettig has 11 in 3 gmz, n if we add cup game he would have 16

:lol:
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

I was in a game like this today, only I was on the bad end. The game got out of hand very fast (28-0 in 1st quarter). My opponent took it very easy on me from there on out and I was trying to score some points. He didn't take his starters out but he also wasn't padding stats. He was up 31-0 on me and he easily could have kicked another field goal to make it 34-0 but he opted not to. That to me showed character as to not running the score up. Thats my 2 cents on the issue. Good Day friends!!
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by ChampDizzle »

Whittness10 wrote:I was in a game like this today, only I was on the bad end. The game got out of hand very fast (28-0 in 1st quarter). My opponent took it very easy on me from there on out and I was trying to score some points. He didn't take his starters out but he also wasn't padding stats. He was up 31-0 on me and he easily could have kicked another field goal to make it 34-0 but he opted not to. That to me showed character as to not running the score up. Thats my 2 cents on the issue. Good Day friends!!
if he is still using his starting rb, that is still padding whether he scores or not
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

ChampDizzle wrote:
Whittness10 wrote:I was in a game like this today, only I was on the bad end. The game got out of hand very fast (28-0 in 1st quarter). My opponent took it very easy on me from there on out and I was trying to score some points. He didn't take his starters out but he also wasn't padding stats. He was up 31-0 on me and he easily could have kicked another field goal to make it 34-0 but he opted not to. That to me showed character as to not running the score up. Thats my 2 cents on the issue. Good Day friends!!
if he is still using his starting rb, that is still padding whether he scores or not

Not neccesarily. Plenty of ways to show mercy without demeaning and most of all not wasting anyone's time.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

i know you said it was mostly for the new guys, but we all know it is mostly for shel and his cheese.
iRoccafella
Reactions:

Post by iRoccafella »

ChampDizzle wrote:
In theory if he takes his starter, rams him in to the center and gets 2 yds, more than like that's gonna lower that RB's average anyway. I'll use the fb, eff that :lol:
AIM: JestaZ69 e-Mail: iRoccafella@gmail.com PSN - iRoccafella
ImageImage[/url]
Matt90210
Reactions:

Post by Matt90210 »

Against Rutgers in my cup game I was up 45-21 in the 4th and I was inside his 25. Instead of kicking the field goal I purposely shanked it.

I haz cookie now?
chuskerpride
Reactions:

Post by chuskerpride »

Matt90210 wrote:Against Rutgers in my cup game I was up 45-21 in the 4th and I was inside his 25. Instead of kicking the field goal I purposely shanked it.

I haz cookie now?
that's commendable. and here's your cookie..

but if it's me, I'm ok with guys kicking the field goal in that instance.
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

iRoccafella wrote:
ChampDizzle wrote:
In theory if he takes his starter, rams him in to the center and gets 2 yds, more than like that's gonna lower that RB's average anyway. I'll use the fb, eff that :lol:
That was exactly the case. He wasn't running option or anything and pulling out big gains and then just stopping. In all fairness my defense was pretty bad and couldn't even stop a simple dive play. So in that case he probably was lowering his average as was stated earlier.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I'm padding the shit out of my stats this season.
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

shel311 wrote:I'm padding the shit out of my stats this season.
me too... Interceptions thrown and points against. Doing pretty well so far. wish me luck
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

shel311 wrote:I'm padding the shit out of my stats this season.
Shelnotes: LSU will be available
BIGmike
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by BIGmike »

I blame Hoos.
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

Talk about padding stats...

So plasma and I played our game. Michigan at WSU. I get the ball and drive down field to the 4 yardline, I throw a PA pass, TE catches it. Watched him kick the pylon, but I didn't challenge it. Don't know why I didn't, but I didn't. I kick the FG and away we go. Inputing stats I don't even think about it and in the stats my TE has a catch and a TD. I'm like, WTF? I didn't think I threw a TD. Both TD's were pick 6 scores...I look some more, and I notice that it recorded that play as a fucking TD! Good lord, great piece of work this NCAA version is...lol
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
JohnnyP
Reactions:

Post by JohnnyP »

cougnix wrote:Talk about padding stats...

So plasma and I played our game. Michigan at WSU. I get the ball and drive down field to the 4 yardline, I throw a PA pass, TE catches it. Watched him kick the pylon, but I didn't challenge it. Don't know why I didn't, but I didn't. I kick the FG and away we go. Inputing stats I don't even think about it and in the stats my TE has a catch and a TD. I'm like, WTF? I didn't think I threw a TD. Both TD's were pick 6 scores...I look some more, and I notice that it recorded that play as a fucking TD! Good lord, great piece of work this NCAA version is...lol

I had something similar....I had a total of 4 INTs and only 1 defender showed he had 2 picks..
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

Nole4real wrote:This message is mostly for new guys

A big part of your final score is coaches reports. 40% to be exact, in comparison to your season success being 20%.

20% of your coaches score is sportsmanship.

While there is no rule in place for stat padding, keep in mind there is a mass substitution option. Keeping your starting HB in for example when you're up by a bunch in the 2nd half will probably earn you very poor sportsmanship evaluations. If you dont have time to pause, as we've discussed before, you can feed your fb....alot of forms even have the fb as hb package.

You can also move away from your "money plays" to plays that are generally less successful.

Keep in mind you are perfectly in your rights to disagree. If you want to ride the edge of a blowout and push the stats to the limit, go for it but it is well within the rights of your opponent to grade you at a zero.

Just a little bump. Remember fellas, if your up by 21 or more and its under two minutes be respectful and take a knee. Dont try and pound it in or pass your way to glory just to make the score look worse than it really was or get that running back 1 more touchdown. It really isnt the NDL way.

/rant over.....

Return to “NDL Open Forum”