Fantasy Football Advice Topic

Various fantasy sports leagues for NDL members.
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Re: Fantasy Football Advice Topic

Post by texasfan4444 »

Seeitsaveit13 wrote:I lost my game tonight by 2 points.
That puts me in a tie with a divisional team for the final playoff spot.
Our playoffs start next week.
The first tie breaker is POINTS FOR for the year.
We are inexplicably tied in points for, for the entire year, with well over 1400 each.
We don't know the 2nd tiebreaker, but I believe it's H2H. If it is, I win.
If it's pretty much anything other than H2H (divisional record, points against) I'll lose.

I can't wait to see what happens when I wake up tomorrow. Shit, I'm worried about stat corrections from this week
Wow. what are the odds...GL when you check again tomorrow.
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

We both ended up scoring 1481 for the year, both at 6-6, I had 1399 against, he had 1385 against, and the H2H is what counted, so I made it in as the 6 seed. I'll play the same guy in the first round that I played this week and lost to by 3. If Demaryious can slow his roll, I 'll have a chance.
ImageImageImageImage
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

friendly reminder: 1st game is at noon today
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Very friendly, in fact.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Kinda torn at a couple spots this week

My RBs are meh, picked up Gray a few weeks ago, Crowell last week, and Blount this week.

Lock starter: Crowell
Then its Blount, Gray, Charles Sims or Jonathan Stewart. Leaning towards Blount as he seems to have the highest potential for getting volume touches.

At flex, Im trying to decide on playing a second TE or 4th WR:

Starting WRs are Emmanuel Sanders and J Nelson, follwed by J Landry and Charles Johnson who I just picked up
TE's: Olsen, D Walker

Dont know where I want to go with it this week. C Johnson projects highest, the other three (Olsen/Walker/Landry) are pretty even
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

i prefer landry
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Thats what I was leaning towards too. As I have it now, subject to change

RB: Crowell, Blount
WR: Sanders, Nelson, Landry
TE: Walker
F: Johnson
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

shel311 wrote:That being said, DFS has kinda ruined the season for me. Like this week, I barely looked at my roster, barely got Arian Foster out before kick off today, and never bothered to get a backup TE for Julius Thomas, so i'm playing a man down and will likely lose.
Didn't get a backup TE again this week.

Funny how I'm neglecting this league that I'm doing very well in to lose money daily on DFS that I'm not doing well on. :lol:
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

shel311 wrote:
shel311 wrote:That being said, DFS has kinda ruined the season for me. Like this week, I barely looked at my roster, barely got Arian Foster out before kick off today, and never bothered to get a backup TE for Julius Thomas, so i'm playing a man down and will likely lose.

Funny how I'm neglecting this league that I'm doing very well in to lose money daily on DFS that I'm not doing well on. :lol:
im the same man. DFS has me letting eevery keeper league im in know this is my last yr. no point grinding out a whole yr when i can do it daily
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

nick wrote:
shel311 wrote:

im the same man. DFS has me letting eevery keeper league im in know this is my last yr. no point grinding out a whole yr when i can do it daily
DFS is just so addictive. Gonna have my 1st 2 days in a row of not losing...because I probably won't play tonight as well lol.

The guy I'm playing this week in football is 11-1, 10 game winning streak, works in my office and likes to brag about said winning streak. I'm up by 4, but he has the Dolphins kicker tonight. For the 1st time, I"m mad at myself for not picking up a TE to cover for Julius Thomas. Doh!!!
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

1st round of the playoffs is a bad time for Maclin to be going up against Sherman this week.

I have AJ Green and Josh Gordon at WR, need a spot for the flex. Maclin has been great all season, but I'm guessing I should go with Mark Ingram in the flex? The only other remotely viable options are Percy Harvin and Roddy White, both a no go basically.

The rest of my lineup is pretty set:

Stafford
Lynch
Foster
Gordon
AJ Green
FLEX
Julius Thomas
Haushka(SEA kicker)
who knows at defense - I have Buffalo, they play Denver. Every team i try to grab on waivers gets picked up the last 3 days. Today I am trying to get Denver, going against the aforementioned Buffalo team.
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

I got the #6 seed out of 6 with playoffs starting this week.

Lineup that got me here, LMAO.

Rodgers QB
Gore RB
Herron RB (This spot was a rotation of Asiata, and any other scrub I have picked up.)
Marshall WR
Stills WR (Rotated Harvin and D. Jackson)
Gates TE
Crosby K (Also a rotation here, had Sturgis most recently)
Packers D
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

I scored the least amount of points all season in my league, and ended up 9-4 and the #3 seed
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Weasel wrote:I scored the least amount of points all season in my league, and ended up 9-4 and the #3 seed
Weasel Luck > Shel Luck
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

i would start Ingram, its not like he sucks.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

shel311 wrote:
Weasel wrote:I scored the least amount of points all season in my league, and ended up 9-4 and the #3 seed
Weasel Luck > Shel Luck
Haha no kidding. You remember my boy Sinacola (he was in ndl last couple seasons)? Anyway, this poor bastard had third most points and finished dead last in the 12 team league, including 0-2 against me

I'd go Ingram
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

A less than 100% Rashad Jennings or Jonathan Stewart now that Williams isn't playing?
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Stupid Julius Thomas. Looks like there won't be a decision on his availability until a couple of hours before their 4pm kickoff. But my backup, Dwayne Allen from Indy, plays at 1pm, so I'll probably have to roll with Allen in his return as I can't risk waiting on a Thomas decision if it's not in by 1pm.

My first ever playoff game!!!
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Wasted Memory wrote:A less than 100% Rashad Jennings or Jonathan Stewart now that Williams isn't playing?
Im playing Stewart today, although my choices arent as sexy. Starting Crowell and Stewart and benching Blount/Charles Sims.

If it was Jennings vs Stew, while I think Jennings probably has a higher ceiling Id go with Stew just based on volume of touches
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

shel311 wrote:Stupid Julius Thomas. Looks like there won't be a decision on his availability until a couple of before their 4pm kickoff. But my backup, Dwayne Allen from Indy, plays at 1pm, so I'll probably have to roll with Allen in his return as I can't risk waiting on a Thomas decision if it's not in by 1pm.

My first ever playoff game!!!

Damn that sucks....good luck!

Return to “Fantasy Sports”