Fantasy Football Advice Topic

Various fantasy sports leagues for NDL members.
nick
Reactions:

Re: Fantasy Football Advice Topic

Post by nick »

I stream D, but in most of my leagues u have 2 pickup max/week so it gets tough when byes come
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I dropped Chris Ivory and got the Texans defense (@OAK) and also kept KC's D for now. I may have to do some research to see if HOU's D is as good as KC as I'm not sure if I should keep both around.

I also made my 1st trade ever. I have a lot of WRs: AJ Green/Roddy White/Cooks/Maclin/Crabtree/Josh Gordon. And at RB, my bench is rather weak, so I traded away Crabtree for Bernard Pierce, as it looks like he'll get a decent amount of carries, including short yardage carries, at least based off of last night.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Jeremy Maclin @ Indianapolis or Brandin Cooks @ Cleveland in the flex position?
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

maclin is the #1 on philly and got 10 targets! last week, onl 4 catches tho but also has big play capability. I think Phi/Indy will be a shootout. Brees isnt as good on the road and Cooks isnt the #1 in their system.

If you wanna go based on volume id say Maclin
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Trade advice.

Sitting with Harvin, D. Thomas, Garcon, Wallace, Tate, and Welker at the WR position. Problem is at RB I only have Bush, Vereen, and Gerhart (jeez). Had S. Jackson but dropped him to pick up Welker when I heard he would be coming off suspension.

Trying to make a trade with a guy and he's offering me Forte for Harvin and Bush. Seems a tad steep to me. He's sitting with Forte, Murray, Richardson, and Thomas at HB and then Nelson, Cobb, Floyd and Randall at WR.

For what it's worth I have Rodgers and Dalton at QB, Gronk and Bennett at TE
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

i would do it.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

do it.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

I've actually worked out another deal with a different person now that will give me CJ Spiller for Harvin straight up.

If that falls through I'll follow your all's advice. Forte always concerns me for some reason, especially in that offense where Cutler only has eyes for Marshall.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

forte is elite, spiller is hit or miss. bush is injury proned and harvin gets little headaches n misses a month.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

i would much rather have the first trade for Forte than the 2nd trade for Spiller. just my opinion
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

Forte for sure. Do it.
ImageImageImageImage
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Alright, taking the Forte trade. Thanks for the input guys.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

So has it been confirmed that Gordon is out for 10 games, which puts him back in week 12? Assuming so, i'm guessing there's not much reason to keep him around, correct?
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

Could be valuable for fantasy playoff time, but it just depends on how much bench room you have. Do you get points for cars sold?
ImageImageImageImage
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

So in a great turn of events, I took the Forte for Harvin and Bush trade, picked up Knile Davis off of waivers this morning and then noticed no one had Matt Asiata.

What a great day.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

What's the advice on what to do with a guy like Mark Ingram out for 4 weeks?

He's on my bench. I'm not too crazy about him to begin with. Despite 2 solid weeks, he doesn't get enough carries to be reliable IMO. Is this an auto-dump or is there value in holding on to him?

Drop Ingram(and if not, McFadden) for Donald Brown, good idea?
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

Ingram has been awesome. i wouldn't drop him.

if you need a guy to play this week at RB then you find a spot for Donald Brown. but i wouldn't be dropping Ingram.

you don't need to drop RB for RB unless your league has roster limits. in leagues that don't have roster limits i typically carry an entire bench of RB's and use them for trades to upgrade other positions.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Gotcha.

Now that Ingram is out, my 1st RBs off the bench are Asiata, Bernard Pierce, and McFadden. I don't think i'll ever use McFadden unless it's an emergency, but I think Donald Brown would be nice to have for the next 4 or so weeks with Mathews out, so i think i'll claim Brown and drop DMac.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

who else is on your bench?

considering these guys are still available it doesn't sound like your league is very active. but try to package 2-1 these guys rather than dropping them.

if they have value you want to get something for them rather than dropping them for free. just cause you don't have use for him doesn't mean he couldn't help someone else.

if a guy was starting MJD, maybe he could use McFadden. then maybe he has another player you like slightly more than Pierce... say like a Ridley (just making someone up) rather than dropping McFadden you combine Pierce and McFadden for Ridley and you are still essentially dropping McFadden but getting an upgrade at the same time. then you can go pick up Brown.

but if the league isn't active, you may not have trade partners to work with... which makes strategy in fantasy a lot tougher.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Seems like only a select few are real active, and the rest are sitting back as of now. Too late as I put in the claim for Brown, dropping McFadden, but i'll definitely take that advice going forward, something I probably should have thought of.

Not sure if I missed it, did you ever weigh in on keeping/dropping Gordon, considering he won't be back until week 12? I put out a feeler on the message board for the league about trading him, but no one has replied.

Return to “Fantasy Sports”