The UnTouchable Report (S27 - W4)

Get the latest news and NDL related articles by our talented group of writers.
UnTouchable8
Reactions:

The UnTouchable Report (S27 - W4)

Post by UnTouchable8 »

The UnTouchable Report
Season 27 - Week 4
A rundown of the week's hottest games.

ImageImage
Image #16 Michigan State Spartans 1-0 (0-0 B1G) Weasel
Image #4 Notre Dame Fighting Irish 0-0 wj5811
Dr. Weasel is entering his 16th season as Michigan State head coach and he's looking for his 4th-straight 11-win season. He's off to a good start with a 35-23 win over Cal and seemingly has a fairly easy schedule looming if they can get past the Fighting Irish. Notre Dame has yet to play a game this season but has garnered their #4 ranking after Coach WJ led them to an 11-2 season last year and a Sugar Bowl appearance.
WHAT TO WATCH Notre Dame will have to deal with the loss of their top two running backs and may likely have to toy with unproven sophomore George Atkinson III as the primary ball carrier. Until we can see what Atkinson can do in the game, it's safe to say that Everett Golson will be the threat that Michigan State will want to keep contained. Golson has the potential to move out of the pocket and he's accurate throwing on the run. With Tyler Eifert now in the NFL, Golson's top target will be senior TJ Jones. Look for the Spartans to employ a pass-first, run-second offensive scheme as QB Andrew Maxwell looks to once again become one of the most prolific quarterbacks in the NDL. Maxwell will routinely attempt 30+ passes per game with the bulk of those heading to WRs Keith Mumphrey and Aaron Burbridge. The Irish also need to keep an eye on HB Nick Hill; not for his rushing abilities, but for underneath dump passes if Maxwell can't find anything downfield. Hill has the explosiveness to break a big play with a good block or two.
THE UNTOUCHABLE PREDICTION It's hard to call with no Notre Dame games to look at. But I think the Irish have lost too many offensive weapons to keep up with the high-scoring Spartans.
28 Image | Image 14

ImageImage
Image #7 Florida State Seminoles 2-0 (1-0 ACC) dcane7
Image #11 Georgia Bulldogs 1-0 (1-0 SEC) ChampDizzle
After three wildly successful seasons at Wisconsin, Coach Dcane decided to try his hand in the ACC and landed with Florida State, a team he had moderate success with in Season 18. The Seminoles are already off to a quick 2-0 start but have tough games at Clemson and at Florida even after this one. Champ and the Bulldogs are off to a great start as well after I correctly predicted them knocking off #8 South Carolina in the Week 2 SEC opener. This matchup will be highly competitive to say the least.
WHAT TO WATCH The Seminoles may have one of the best defenses in the league as they are forcing 5 turnovers per game. CB Nick Waisome has already recorded 5 picks alone. Look for Waisome to match up with Georgia WR Malcolm Mitchell in this game and keep him covered well. QB Jameis Winston seems to be filling in well for the departing EJ Manuel, throwing for over 500 yards already this season. HB Devonta Freeman no longer shares time and is averaging over 100 yards on the ground. Georgia QB Aaron Murray will try to keep the flow of the game in the Bulldogs' favor. With no turnovers in their game against the Gamecocks, it's a wonder how Georgia was only able to get off 38 offensive plays in the game (10 of which were pass attempts by Murray). Murray will need to get plenty of reps in during practice to try and get past the stout defense the Seminoles are packing. HB Todd Gurley is also a threat for the Bulldogs and has the ability to find holes in the line for moderate gains.
THE UNTOUCHABLE PREDICTION This one to me is a toss up. Literally, I just flipped a coin. Georgia won the coin toss.
24 Image | Image 27

***UPSET ALERT***
Image Arizona State Sun Devils 2-0 (0-0 Pac-12) anderlin83
Image #24 Stanford Cardinal 0-1 (0-0 Pac-12) iRoccafella
-- Arizona State has kicked off the season with two straight home wins. Stanford started off with a road loss to Miami. Can the Sun Devils start the season off 3-0?
New Rule: Stop calling disasters with a single survivor a "miracle." When 103 people die, but one lives, that's not a miracle. That's God blowing a no-hitter in the bottom of the ninth. - Bill Maher
bigred
Reactions:

Re: The UnTouchable Report (S27 - W4)

Post by bigred »

Terrific work bro
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

Nice.....

That WJ/Wea game would be great. Both Coaches have played each other every year for the last 6-8 seasons.... Would be good to see that live.
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by ChampDizzle »

That CB for FSU is a beast :cry:
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

Post by I_S33M_THAB33T_U »

Another good write up, Will say this if you think I can some how hang with #5 Oklahoma in week 3. Then I should hang with #3 Va Tech in Week 4. :lol:

Just messin, Ole Miss gonna get ass handed to them next 4 weeks.

Super hard part of season coming up. Strap it up boys.
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by ChampDizzle »

ASU over Stanford so far so good. Hope its 3-0 this week on predictions ;)
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

buckeye76 wrote:Nice.....

That WJ/Wea game would be great. Both Coaches have played each other every year for the last 6-8 seasons.... Would be good to see that live.
Its one of my favorite games each season, and actually may take the #2 spot behind my game with Johnny now that Weiser isnt around. I love that he's stuck around, its always a brutally tough game
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Another good writeup.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Good work man.
dealer4014
Reactions:

Post by dealer4014 »

nice work man!
Dcane7
Reactions:

Post by Dcane7 »

I love these write ups man great job as always. And yes I love my defense strength and speed from front to back. Waisome isn't even the best corner but that was just luck in that Penn st game. Champ and I always have fun ones so this will be entertaining for sure lol.
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by ChampDizzle »

I wrote:ASU over Stanford so far so good. Hope its 3-0 this week on predictions ;)
Excellent!

Return to “NDL:ESPN”