Automotive Issues

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
Whittness10
Reactions:

Automotive Issues

Post by Whittness10 »

Looking for some help here so maybe I won't have to pay anyone to get this fixed. I have a 2004 Chevy Impala that I just bought a little over a month ago. I notice yesterday morning that my speedometer wouldn't go any higher than 20 mph. Then when I stopped, it would go all the way past 0 to the bottom. Then driving to work today, I was on a 55 mph road and the speedometer didn't move at all. All the other gauges work, so I know it's not the whole gauge cluster. Anyone know how to fix this? Is it just the needle that worked itself loose over time? Any help will be appreciated.
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Re: Automotive Issues

Post by OracleHCR »

It could be a cable or a bad sensor. Both are do-able in your garage. I'd go onto an impala forum and do a search for speedometer problems. You could most likely find good info on how to troubleshoot your problem and then how to fix it.
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

Thanks Oracle. I saw a video on youtube of a guy that had the same problem, only his went the other direction, all the way past 120. From what I saw in a quick search, seems to be a common problem, so I hope you're right.
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by ChampDizzle »

maybe drive faster grandpa :D

Return to “Off Topic Forum”