NDL Texahoma?

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

NDL Texahoma?

Post by Cnasty »

So I got a great career opportunity in Texas with a very large hospital system and I accepted.

I will be mostly in the Plano/Allen area as that is where my facilities will be but not sure where we will be living yet or any other details.

Any other NDLers in the area or know much about that area that I haven't read or heard as of yet? I believe its about 30 minutes from Dallas.

What I've heard is great school system for the kids, very safe and great community, and a growing area with a great economy.

I have given my notice to NDL:F and it was a very emotional conversation and the first thing they said is seeit cannot have your spot. :)
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Re: NDL Texahoma?

Post by The_Niddler »

Didn't you just move into your house in Florida in the past year or so?

Congrats and good luck Corey.
Exciting times and with the little one, very good to hear about the great school system, very safe and great community.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Yes, it will be 2 years this month actually.

The timing is a little crazy with the holidays and trying to move within like 45 days or so is going to be maddening but luckily the relocation vendor they utilize handles most of that for us.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

congrats corey! hopefully you got movers and whatnot... but moving sucks.

also if we get a "too busy for ootp" post, we are kicking you out of the ndl!
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Yes they take care of everything associated with moving and the relocation. I still have to pack and crap and almost, just almost said no due to not wanting to do that alone.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

Cnasty wrote:Yes they take care of everything associated with moving and the relocation. I still have to pack and crap and almost, just almost said no due to not wanting to do that alone.
its pretty fucking terrible... you don't realize how much shit you actually have until you pack it up. good luck though. what exactly will you be doing
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Uuaww wrote:its pretty fucking terrible... you don't realize how much shit you actually have until you pack it up. good luck though. what exactly will you be doing
2 U-Haul truck plus for me. It was brutal.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

All about the U.... T

little Cal is already throwing up the horns
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I am going to be the director of 2 facilities within a 13 facility hospital system.
Doing what I do now but in a bigger capacity and much different organization due to size and national recognition.

Exciting but enjoy my worthless posts now as I can see a major decline in board activity come the end of January.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

DRiccio21 wrote:All about the U.... T

little Cal is already throwing up the horns
Had to evaluate where Cal had a better shot of national recognition in the recruiting ranks and no better place for high school football notoriety than in the the lonestar state.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Speaking of football, one of the facilities I will be over is in a quaint little town called Allen,TX.

Only thing I know about Allen so far is they were in the news for building that ridiculous $60million high school football stadium. We are leaning towards living in this city so would be cool to catch some games there.

Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

This is just silly. Friday Night Lights was right on huh?
The state of Texas is known for high school football and the heritage and tradition that comes with that reputation. The television series Friday Night Lights was an example of what importance high school football plays in large cities and small towns all over the state of Texas. Nowhere, is this more evident than in Allen, Texas a suburb north of Dallas. Allen has a population of just under 90,000 residents and only one high school. Allen High School is the largest high school in Texas with a listed enrollment of 5,987 students. The Allen Eagle football team is undefeated in UIL Class 5A Division 1 title games, with championships in 2008, 2012 and last night they won their third title beating Pearland 63-28. The game was played at the Dallas Cowboys AT&T Stadium in front of a record crowd of 54,347 Texas high school football fans. Allen entered the game as the No.1 ranked team in the state, defending state champions, and completed their first undefeated season (16-0) in school history. They are 27-0 dating back to their last loss on September 28 ,2012! The story can't get much bigger than that or can it?

The band, known as the Allen Escadrille has 850 members and is the largest marching band in the United States. They take up almost the entire football field when marching in full formation. Further evidence that we really do things bigger in Texas.

Speaking of doing things big, you have to talk about Allen Eagle Stadium where the football team plays all of their home games. The stadium opened in 2012 and was built at a cost of $59.6 million which currently makes it the most expensive high school stadium built in Texas and possibly the nation. Eagle Stadium is owned and operated by Allen ISD and was funded by a bond that was passed with 63% of the vote. It is the third largest high school stadium in Texas with a seating capacity of 18,000. Of those seats, 8,000 are reserved for Allen football season ticket holders and another 1,000 are reserved for the Allen Escadrille. The remaining 9,000 tickets are divided with 4,000 going to Allen students and general admission and the other 5,000 tickets go the the visiting team. During the last year in the old stadium, a lottery was held for those wanting season tickets that had not had the opportunity before. Over 400 applicants submitted their requests for the 70 slots available.

The stadium itself has features that include three (3) large concession stands, NaturalGrass Matrix turf, and a 75-by-45 foot HD video scoreboard. When the stadium opened on August 31, 2013 in a game that featured Allen versus the defending state 5A champion Southlake Dragons, the game drew 22,000 fans. Yes, they actually had 4,000 standing room only tickets that were sold that day.
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

Allen is one of the top programs in Texas if I am not mistaken, what a bad ass stadium that is.
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

That stadium is bad ass. Congrats Corey. Good luck with the move and the new job.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Yea it was a very nice community and the area looks great.

Thanks fellas
fsupenguin
Reactions:

Post by fsupenguin »

Congrats on the new job dude.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Thanks man.

I do look good in burnt orange so maybe an adopted longhorn fan. Cal already does the hook em because his uncle is a fan.

Really not sure if I can stay vegan in the beef capital.
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

Cnasty wrote:Thanks man.

I do look good in burnt orange so maybe an adopted longhorn fan. Cal already does the hook em because his uncle is a fan.

Really not sure if I can stay vegan in the beef capital.
First thing I thought of besides "awesome, great job!" was......how in the hell does someone go Vegan in Texas.....
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

It's going to be near impossible in the land of beef and bbq.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Duuuuuude, congrats! Youre like an hour away from Johnny now too, as he's in Fort Worth. Just went and visited him down there a couple weeks ago, visited Dallas a bit, really cool place. He absolutely loves it

Return to “Off Topic Forum”