Playoff Deadline

Post Winter Meeting topics here

Moderators: Cnasty, Ry, nick, ReignOnU, Bernie32

Should we enforce rule that you must be on roster by Aug 31 to participate in playoffs?

Yes and move trade deadline back one week
78%
No and leave trade deadline where it is
22%

Total votes: 23

wdoupis
Reactions:

Playoff Deadline

Post by wdoupis »

Every professional league or even fantasy football league has a deadline that you need to be on a roster by a certain date to participate in playoffs. To me this is a common sense rule and we should start to enforce it. It should be that you are on a roster by Aug 31 to participate in playoffs. We already have a trade deadline later than real life on Aug 16 so I propose moving trade deadline back a week so you can make normal trades all the way up to the roster rule. That eliminates this confusing waiver trading stuff that does not really work out right anyways. This seems to be common sense and I was just going to implement it but I'll make a poll and see what you guys think.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Re: Playoff Deadline

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Why two different things being voted on? What if I want the trade deadline to stay the same and still have the roster change for playoffs?
ImageImageImage
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Because the trade deadline thing is not really that important, its just a week and eliminates the waiver trade stuff that does not work out well for how we sim.
Neurotic
Reactions:

Post by Neurotic »

Out of curiosity, would you limit the restrictions to just being on the 40 man? Or 25?
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

This one needs to be reworded I believe. 25 man versus 40 man, may change peoples vote. Take the trade deadline out of there and have another poll for that.
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

someone needs to reword georges words for me
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

GeorgesGoons wrote:

I Take 40 man poll versus 25 man. have another and be reworded. This one needs to believe peoples vote. the trade deadline may change for that out of there.
PSN: ReignOnU
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

We got 14 votes, that means 16 have not. Please everyone vote on these winter meetings polls. I believe there are 4 of them
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Vote please!!!!!
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

This one has passed. From now on a player must be on your 40 man roster before Sept 1st to be playoff eligible. We will move trade deadline back from Aug 16 to Aug 23 and eliminate the need for any waiver trading.

Return to “Winter Meetings”