2073 Season Thread.... Ted Talk: How to Win a Title

Out of the Park Baseball League

Moderators: Cnasty, Ry, nick

wdoupis
Reactions:

2073 Season Thread.... Ted Talk: How to Win a Title

Post by wdoupis »

Once again congrats to Red Wings on getting the Washington team over the hump and winning a title.

Everyone read the following:

I am going to change up how we do the offseason this year. I think it will be good for the league and cut down the length of it. If it does not work out or is not well received we can go back next offseason. Its actually pretty simple changes:

Arbitration will be two sims so no changes there.

I will sim to start of free agency and we will immediately go to 14 day sims. This should lead to more aggressive offers in free agency and eliminates those 3-4 sims that nothing happens. We will then stop at rule 5 and keep the 14 day sims until spring training.

Other than that nothing new happening. I will sim normal time tomorrow since there is two Arbitration sims anyways. Good luck to everyone and lets have a great 2073!!!!!!!!
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Re: 2073 Season Thread.... Ted Talk: How to Win a Title

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

Ted Talk :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

wdoupis wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:33 pm Once again congrats to Red Wings on getting the Washington team over the hump and winning a title.

I am going to change up how we do the offseason this year. I think it will be good for the league and cut down the length of it. If it does not work out or is not well received we can go back next offseason. Its actually pretty simple changes:

I will sim to start of free agency and we will immediately go to 14 day sims. This should lead to more aggressive offers in free agency and eliminates those 3-4 sims that nothing happens. We will then stop at rule 5 and keep the 14 day sims until spring training.

Other than that nothing new happening. I will sim normal time tomorrow since there is two Arbitration sims anyways. Good luck to everyone and lets have a great 2073!!!!!!!!
Love the off season changes
ImageImageImage
Graywolf357
Reactions:

Post by Graywolf357 »

Good call Billy.
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

ImageImageImageImage
Neurotic
Reactions:

Post by Neurotic »

wdoupis wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:33 pm Once again congrats to Red Wings on getting the Washington team over the hump and winning a title.

nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Miami got a prospect from North Korea. Gonna need intel from billy or George on if he’s ok or a spy
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:18 pm Miami got a prospect from North Korea. Gonna need intel from billy or George on if he’s ok or a spy
I'd cut him now. But then again, I don't see a North Korea existing in 2072
ImageImageImage
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Love the changes.

No vote, no fluff, just doing it.

Billy is a new man.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

I’m all for it cause I’m -75 in the hole + rev sharing.

We need to like. Take the next step. And stop this $50 mil cap shit. I wanna see teams with $400 m budgets. I think we got the best core of owners we’ve ever had and no reason any of them couldn’t do the job and be competitive. Ppl who suck will suck even if they had a trillion dollars.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Funeral services for Dave Marks will be this Sunday at Hooper Huddleston & Horner funeral home. The family asks that instead of flower arrangements you make donations to the American Sports Medicine Institute as they continue their research on the Sleeve.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Wasted Memory wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:46 pm Funeral services for Dave Marks will be this Sunday at Hooper Huddleston & Horner funeral home. The family asks that instead of flower arrangements you make donations to the American Sports Medicine Institute as they continue their research on the Sleeve.
Such a crazy trajectory. :(
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

jeheinz72
Reactions:

Post by jeheinz72 »

Anyone else have their scouting accuracies all tank? I have the same scout as last year
GM of the Fresno Grizzlies, 2071 - on
redwings8831
Reactions:

Post by redwings8831 »

jeheinz72 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:05 am Anyone else have their scouting accuracies all tank? I have the same scout as last year
It defaults to OSA in the offseason for some reason.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

File is uploading...
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

File is uploaded, website updated. New in game date 11/14

Today is the last day to do Arbitration so get it done fellas!!!!!!!

Michael Riggs signs a 3 year extension worth 100 million with Houston
James Jenkins wins AL Reliever of the Year going 5-4 with 17 saves and a 1.45 era
Joseph Jordan wins NL Reliever of the Year going 7-1 with 32 saves and a 0.76 era
David Magoon wins AL Rookie of the Year going 9-10 with a 2.87 era
Dave Thompson wins NL Rookie of the Year hitting .291 with 25 HRs
Juan Lugo wins AL Cy Young #5 going 21-6 with a 2.09 era... Thought it'd be a closer race with Dumo
Bill Quinn wins NL Cy Young going 21-9 with a 2.81 era
Joseph Sexton just edges out teammate Yoshiaga Kokawa to win AL MVP hitting .316 with 38 HRs and 91 rbi's
Roger Daniels beats out Neal Herrera for NL MVP hitting .341 with 42 HRs and 137 rbi's

AL Gold Gloves:

SP Lou Lewis of the Rhode Island Red Wolves honored: Wins the 2072 NDL AL Hechler and Koch Award at P.
C Scott McDaniel of the Bowie Bulldogs honored: Wins the 2072 NDL AL Hechler and Koch Award at C.
1B Sojuro Sakamoto of the Richmond Greeks honored: Wins the 2072 NDL AL Hechler and Koch Award at 1B.
2B José Bustamante of the Atlanta Bobcats honored: Wins the 2072 NDL AL Hechler and Koch Award at 2B.
3B Scott Hamm of the Atlanta Bobcats honored: Wins the 2072 NDL AL Hechler and Koch Award at 3B.
SS Larry Evans of the Fresno Grizzlies honored: Wins the 2072 NDL AL Hechler and Koch Award at SS.
LF Ángel Mota of the Sheltown Shockers honored: Wins the 2072 NDL AL Hechler and Koch Award at LF.
CF Roberto Herrera of the New England Spitters honored: Wins the 2072 NDL AL Hechler and Koch Award at CF.
RF José Miranda of the New England Spitters honored: Wins the 2072 NDL AL Hechler and Koch Award at RF.

NL Gold Gloves:

RP Bill Dickson of the Miami Vice honored: Wins the 2072 NDL NL Hechler and Koch Award at P.
C Francisco Rodríguez of the Washington Thunder Crabs honored: Wins the 2072 NDL NL Hechler and Koch Award at C.
3B José Camacho of the Orange County Ducks honored: Wins the 2072 NDL NL Hechler and Koch Award at 1B.
2B Raúl Benavidaz of the San Francisco Seals honored: Wins the 2072 NDL NL Hechler and Koch Award at 2B.
3B Drew Wheeler of the Omaha Beef honored: Wins the 2072 NDL NL Hechler and Koch Award at 3B.
SS Chuck Baxter of the Edmonton Mounties honored: Wins the 2072 NDL NL Hechler and Koch Award at SS.
LF Dustin Boyd of the San Diego Invaders honored: Wins the 2072 NDL NL Hechler and Koch Award at LF.
CF Harry Anderson of the Seattle Bearded Clams honored: Wins the 2072 NDL NL Hechler and Koch Award at CF.
RF Naruhiko Ikarashi of the Los Angeles Bomb Squad honored: Wins the 2072 NDL NL Hechler and Koch Award at RF.

AL Platinum Stick:

C Rubén Valverde of the Cookeville Cubs honored: Wins the 2072 NDL AL Platinum Stick Award at C.
1B Doug McBride of the Rhode Island Red Wolves honored: Wins the 2072 NDL AL Platinum Stick Award at 1B.
2B Naohiro Nonaka of the Richmond Greeks honored: Wins the 2072 NDL AL Platinum Stick Award at 2B.
3B Curt Joyner of the Philadelphia Cheesesteaks honored: Wins the 2072 NDL AL Platinum Stick Award at 3B.
SS Bryan Yang of the Rhode Island Red Wolves honored: Wins the 2072 NDL AL Platinum Stick Award at SS.
CF Jorge Delgado of the Boston Minutemen honored: Wins the 2072 NDL AL Platinum Stick Award at LF.
CF Joseph Sexton of the Bowie Bulldogs honored: Wins the 2072 NDL AL Platinum Stick Award at CF.
RF Yoshiaga Kokawa of the Bowie Bulldogs honored: Wins the 2072 NDL AL Platinum Stick Award at RF.
DH Luis Pérez of the Richmond Greeks honored: Wins the 2072 NDL AL Platinum Stick Award at DH.

NL Platinum Stick:

C Neal Herrera of the Miami Vice honored: Wins the 2072 NDL NL Platinum Stick Award at C.
1B Claudio Ramírez of the New Jersey River Rats honored: Wins the 2072 NDL NL Platinum Stick Award at 1B.
2B Ramón Rodríguez of the Washington Thunder Crabs honored: Wins the 2072 NDL NL Platinum Stick Award at 2B.
2B Juan Rosales of the Montreal Poutines honored: Wins the 2072 NDL NL Platinum Stick Award at 3B.
SS Pei Tso of the Omaha Beef honored: Wins the 2072 NDL NL Platinum Stick Award at SS.
LF Roger Daniels of the D.P.R.K Victory honored: Wins the 2072 NDL NL Platinum Stick Award at LF.
CF Evan Persons of the Los Angeles Bomb Squad honored: Wins the 2072 NDL NL Platinum Stick Award at CF.
RF Bob Jones of the Edmonton Mounties honored: Wins the 2072 NDL NL Platinum Stick Award at RF.
DH Steve Hensley of the Orange County Ducks honored: Wins the 2072 NDL NL Platinum Stick Award at DH.
plasma1896
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by plasma1896 »

wdoupis wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:10 am Bill Quinn wins NL Cy Young going 21-9 with a 2.81 era
Quinn is the Kershaw of NDLOTTP winning #6 cy young. Clip below is when i called him and told him Playoffs are right around the corner

Last edited by plasma1896 on Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

wdoupis wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:10 am

David Magoon wins AL Rookie of the Year going 9-10 with a 2.87 era
CF Jorge Delgado of the Boston Minutemen honored: Wins the 2072 NDL AL Platinum Stick Award at LF.
Way to go fellas!!
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

wdoupis wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:10 am File is uploaded, website updated. New in game date 11/14

Roger Daniels beats out Neal Herrera for NL MVP hitting .341 with 42 HRs and 137 rbi's

Nick-rant coming up. I think Daniels deserved it though with the year he had
ImageImageImage

Return to “Old OOTP Baseball”