R.I.P. Playstation 3

Going on a trip? Taking a 4-day Mormon sabbatacal? Goldfish eat your power cord? If you're going away for a little bit post it here.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: R.I.P. Playstation 3

Post by shel311 »

Dolemitesooner wrote:I don't think you even own an Xbox. Its like a virgin telling me how to get laid

True. The virgin would probably give some outlandish idea like shaving your entire body in order to get some. :lol:
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Dolemitesooner wrote:
BFiVL wrote:
Dolemitesooner wrote:Yeah.

I am just saying all these failing Ps3's really proves that people that said the X-box was worse for the red ring of death were really ignorant.

Both systems seem to last about 2 years, and then boom.

I really don't know how that is stirring the shit, but rather proving a point.
YLOD is not in the same ball park as the RROD, that shit cost Microsoft over a billion. Shit tears up, its no fun, but XBOX is still a shit box.
It cost Microsoft 1 billion and they still have made money on hardware.

Sony not so much. Sony will never make money on the ps3 hardware.

I have had an Xbox just as long it as never broke down. Don't make statements when you know nothing about the subject. I don't think you even own an Xbox. Its like a virgin telling me how to get laid
I never owned a pinto and that thing is a piece of shit. Not commenting on anything other than the RROD vs the YLOD. I am not comparing consoles, only the problems of the two consoles which you seem to be insinuating as being equal.
Dolemitesooner
Reactions:

Post by Dolemitesooner »

Your right I am not saying they are equal.

The ps3 one may be worse. Every single launch ps3 may crash.
I don't know. I just think people can't argue that the Xbox is shit because it has hardware issues. I don't understand the logic that the Xbox is a pinto. If you gave a valid reason I might agree.

Both systems have flaws
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

Dolemitesooner wrote: I don't understand the logic that the Xbox is a pinto. If you gave a valid reason I might agree.
analogies aren't as effective when they have to be explained
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ajalves wrote:
Dolemitesooner wrote: I don't understand the logic that the Xbox is a pinto. If you gave a valid reason I might agree.
analagies aren't as effective when they have to be explained
:lol:
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Not saying XBOX is a pinto, but saying just cause i dont own one i cant comment on it is dumb as hell. If I have a brain and can reasonably compare the two, pretty damn sure I can state an opinion thats not full of shit.

I doubt all of these things crash from launch, thats just insane. SOny to this point I believe hasnt even commented on this stuff yet so in their eyes its not even an issue to them YET.

Xbox outplayed PS3 hugely getting it out faster and with a better price point. Do I see Ps3 catching up? Maybe because it does have blu ray on its side while xbox has the beta max like HD. PS3 just has to get its price point down. Next Gen will be interesting to see.
BlackRain
Reactions:

Post by BlackRain »

The owner of the store also told me before he could do any work on the system, try formatting the system - completely, which takes about 4 hours and 50 minutes. I did it last night, and this morning the PS3 reads games and blu ray movies without any problems. It completely removes game saves, songs, pictures and everything else, so save it to a memory card. I turned it off and on and everything, and it WORKS! He told me that he has never seen that problem before, but said it could be a corrupted file........and if it was not, it could have been the motherboard. But try formatting the system completely, not the quick one, but the long one and see if it works.....before sending it in.
ACTIVISION ACCOUNT NAME - CROSS GEN.- XBOX - (RONIN-BLACKRAIN)

Return to “NDL Extended Absences”