Playstation +

Find the latest Playstation news and information here.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: Playstation +

Post by Cnasty »

Yup,that's what I was thinking of. You're right.
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth has a near-perfect rating on Steam.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

January is Infamous: Second Sun expansion, which I guess supports standalone play?
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

PS+ about to expire next month.

It's been a year already with these consoles? Wow
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

Mine expired in October. Had to re-up even though I'm not getting my money's worth.
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

Downloaded Steamdigger and escape plan last night. Nothing special but entertaining. Escape plan utilizes the pad to swipe, first I've seen this being used other than a timeout in madden.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

July lineup is very weak

packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

W out having to sift through 7 pages, what are your fav PS + games you have played.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

From my review thread these are the better ones I have enjoyed the most:

Resogun-PS4-So I didnt finish it but this is a great time killer and looks great on the PS4. Replay value is low though-6Cs

Outlast-PS4-This game is one of the more original experiences in a video game Ive played. No weapons besides running and hiding, shit constantly jumping out at you, multiple moments roaming in pitch black areas and being chase. Done brilliantly with matching music and creepy atmosphere. I didnt really like the ending which took it down a whole notch as they didnt seem to tie it up very well. Definitely a must play on the PS4 for free as a + member even though its an older title-8Cs

Velocity-PS4-This was a fun little game that was free for PS+ a while back. Goes from a ship shooting,puzzle type game to a run and gun platform in each level. Only 50 levels and they take less than 5-10 minutes each to complete. Surprisingly enjoyed it and fun especially for free7Cs

There are still some very good ones left that I haven't gotten to yet: Transistor,CounterySpy,Olli Olli,Valiant Hearts,Guacamelee. All very good reviews and looking forward to getting to those eventually as well.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

They're really being stingy on letting some of the early PS4 games go to free on PS Plus. In general I "download" the games online each month but have played very few of them.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Agreed. I am surprised the likes of Knack and others haven't made the cut. XB1 is finally getting to that point and releasing early console games for free and with the recent backwards compatibility news its like getting 4 games for free a month. It depends on if the title will be backwards compatible or not.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

I'm not 100% certain, but it seems XBox is getting deals with different companies for free games that Sony hasn't gotten in the past. I've never seen an Assassin's Creed game go free on PS Plus despite there being many of them that could have gone that way eventually.

Killzone, Knack, AC: Black Flag, Battlefield 4, Lego Marvel, Need for Speed... where are these games?

And doesn't Last of Us Remastered have to go free at some point?
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I think AC with XB makes sense due to the exclusive partnership with EA Access and XB1.
BIGmike
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by BIGmike »

dakshdar wrote:I'm not 100% certain, but it seems XBox is getting deals with different companies for free games that Sony hasn't gotten in the past. I've never seen an Assassin's Creed game go free on PS Plus despite there being many of them that could have gone that way eventually.

Killzone, Knack, AC: Black Flag, Battlefield 4, Lego Marvel, Need for Speed... where are these games?

And doesn't Last of Us Remastered have to go free at some point?
Of those listed, Black Flag is probably the only one worth playing.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Every time I see the name... I think of this...

PSN: ReignOnU
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Battlefield 4 won't go free for a long time, if ever. 1) It's an EA title; 2) it's still an active game with a new map pack coming within the next few weeks, and another likely coming before the end of the year. You're looking easily at another year before it has a shot at being "free".

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

jsence2 wrote:Battlefield 4 won't go free for a long time, if ever. 1) It's an EA title; 2) it's still an active game with a new map pack coming within the next few weeks, and another likely coming before the end of the year. You're looking easily at another year before it has a shot at being "free".
Battlefield 3 for PS3 went free July 2013 and had an original release date of October 2011.

Battlefield 4 for PS4 came out November 2013... so it didn't seem unreasonable to be free at some point soon.

This also just shows that they were very inclined to push bigger games free sooner, especially every summer, before the PS4 showed up. The PS3 free plus games were routinely big titles up until PS4 release...
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

dakshdar wrote:
jsence2 wrote:Battlefield 4 won't go free for a long time, if ever. 1) It's an EA title; 2) it's still an active game with a new map pack coming within the next few weeks, and another likely coming before the end of the year. You're looking easily at another year before it has a shot at being "free".
Battlefield 3 for PS3 went free July 2013 and had an original release date of October 2011.

Battlefield 4 for PS4 came out November 2013... so it didn't seem unreasonable to be free at some point soon.

This also just shows that they were very inclined to push bigger games free sooner, especially every summer, before the PS4 showed up. The PS3 free plus games were routinely big titles up until PS4 release...

Battlefield 3 didn't have a second release like Battlefield 4 did. They released a "Premium Edition" a few months ago that still cost $60

They also weren't still releasing content for it a year and a half later, last released content was four months prior to it becoming free. They are for BF4, and with no set date for BF5, they may continue to do so.
A future update will add Night Maps, which are nighttime versions of a selection of the game’s maps, including Siege of Shanghai, Zavod 311, and Golmud Railway. This summer DICE will also release a new community map, along with an unnamed remake of a fan-favorite map that orignated from a previous Battlefield game.

dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Are all these updates free? Because at this point, no one is going out to buy the game that doesn't already have it, but if they gave away the base game on PS+ they might sell a few more map packs/upgrades (if they're selling them and it isn't free content).

I would imagine all the extras are additional cost. So they stand to benefit by giving away the base original game and getting some new folks to pick up the expansion packs.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

dakshdar wrote:Are all these updates free? Because at this point, no one is going out to buy the game that doesn't already have it, but if they gave away the base game on PS+ they might sell a few more map packs/upgrades (if they're selling them and it isn't free content).

I would imagine all the extras are additional cost. So they stand to benefit by giving away the base original game and getting some new folks to pick up the expansion packs.

No, all upcoming map packs are free to anybody who owns the game. Thus why they aren't going to give it away anytime soon.

Return to “Playstation”