Career Modes

This is the place for all Basketball games played in the NDL.
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

Re: Career Modes

Post by I_S33M_THAB33T_U »

My Career SO far

Drafted by the Jazz late 1st Rnd as PG (After the take PG - Trey Burke with 3rd pick)

Took me about 15 games to really get good minutes.

last 10 games team goes 9-1 to sneak into the playoffs as a 6th seed

I average 20.2 ppg, 2.3 reb and 9.8 ast during the season. May be best for rookie, Michael Carter Williams is close in all 3 stat lines though for ROTY.

Rnd 1 vs Spurs - Sweep

Conf Semi's - vs Thunder - 4-2 series winner, Westbrook killed me all series.

Conf Finals - vs Nuggets - Currently lead 2-0 heading home, Dropped 50, 5, 13 in gm 2.

Also currently 2nd in scoring to LBJ with 30.5 and 1st in assists with 11.2 during playoffs.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Definitely time for superstar level :lol:
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

shel311 wrote:Definitely time for superstar level :lol:
Its already on AS, Better then your sorry ass Pro BS.

No one asked for you to come in and be a JACKASS. Just posting what has happened through the season, MR Video game superstar.
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

I was drafted by the Hawks. Ended up forcing a trade to the Cavs (well, they were 1 of the 3 on my list). Getting close to the end of season 1. Made the rising stars game, not sure if we'll make playoffs, I think we're close. Kyrie was out for the year when I got here, so just had to beat out Jarrett Jack.

Some weird shit pops up though. Kyrie wanted me to accept a role as his sidekick... but he's hurt. So I did, and went out next game and dropped 50, and he got pissed, even though he didn't play.
ImageImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:

No one asked for you to come in and be a JACKASS. Just posting what has happened through the season, MR Video game superstar.
Dude, wtf :lol:
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:My Career SO far

Drafted by the Jazz late 1st Rnd as PG (After the take PG - Trey Burke with 3rd pick)

Took me about 15 games to really get good minutes.

last 10 games team goes 9-1 to sneak into the playoffs as a 6th seed

I average 20.2 ppg, 2.3 reb and 9.8 ast during the season. May be best for rookie, Michael Carter Williams is close in all 3 stat lines though for ROTY.

Rnd 1 vs Spurs - Sweep

Conf Semi's - vs Thunder - 4-2 series winner, Westbrook killed me all series.

Conf Finals - vs Nuggets - Currently lead 2-0 heading home, Dropped 50, 5, 13 in gm 2.

Also currently 2nd in scoring to LBJ with 30.5 and 1st in assists with 11.2 during playoffs.

Finished off the Nuggets in 5. Took West Conf MVP

And currently up 2-0 in the Finals over the Cavs. Yes the Cav's beat the Heat in 6.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

So I guess the 2K servers are down or something.

Ridiculous part is, I'm just trying to play MyGM mode, which is offline, but I can't because the 2K servers are down.

Dumb
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

shel311 wrote:So I guess the 2K servers are down or something.

Ridiculous part is, I'm just trying to play MyGM mode, which is offline, but I can't because the 2K servers are down.

Dumb

I have been on all day w/o issue.

BUt yea when they go down you can't play any mode, due to the VC.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Not sure where it was posted, or if I even read it somewhere else. Someone mentioned the NBA2K mobile app, and you can get VC coin thingys there. I got the app, anyone know what or how to work it?

I clicked on something, it made me pick an envelope, and it said I had 300 credits(same as VC?). I also picked winners for tonight's playoff games. Anything else?
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ajalves wrote:
I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote: I have not messed with the GM mode yet, And to AJ they want you to BUY the coins. 80K for $20
:shock:

I'm not against buying coins. I'm really not. I just think you should be able to earn them easier as a GM. i think i had about 650 after a full season.

I mean it cost me 500 just to be able to edit the lineups
I'm against buying these just based on the old school principles of how everything used to be free in games.

But...I'm playing this game so much and in MyGM, it's so useless since I can't do anything, that I may breakdown and make the plunge for $10-20. If I'm going to play this much, it will likely be worth it.
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

Get the app on your phone. It adds 800-2K per day, and if you do there little My Team thing from the app, it adds another 500 per day.

Also in MyGM you hould be getting 400+ per game played, Which adds up.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:Get the app on your phone. It adds 800-2K per day
You mean, just having it adds it without doing anything?
I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:and if you do there little My Team thing from the app, it adds another 500 per day
I'll have to search a little more to find this.
I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:Also in MyGM you hould be getting 400+ per game played, Which adds up
Yea, my issue with the 1st one I did with MyGM, I wanted to actually just be a GM, so I didn't play a single game. I think I mentioned it before, in year 2 with the Pelicans, I won the title(all simming, which is riduculous enough as it is), but over the course of the entire championship season, I got 600 total VC, which is basically not good enough to upgrade anything pass maybe level 1 :lol:
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:

LMAO, I just came in and read this...

You guys ever light off firecrackers and you have a couple that explode immediately after lighting them? LMAO at Ryan, he has such a short fuse and then is back to normal instantly. Fucking hilarious...
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:
shel311 wrote:So I guess the 2K servers are down or something.

Dumb

I have been on all day w/o issue.

BUt yea when they go down you can't play any mode, due to the VC.
this is so annoying that I can't play an offline mode when their servers are down.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Anyone know if you can change the playoff format in MyGM mode after you've started? I know you can do it on the initial set up. But I decided to sim all regular season games and only play the playoffs, but i wanted to go all 3 game series, as it would take way too long with the 7-7-7-7 format.

I don't want to start over either, so I may just play certain playoff games here and there.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

This darn game. So a couple of weeks ago I got this crash, but it wasn't really a 2K related crash after googling. The advice given was to reformat the PS4, which I did and that involved saving all my games and in game saves to the cloud then re-downloading them once i reformatted, but none of that worked so I had to start a new MyGM with my Pelicans.

So I start a new one. Side note: This game is way too easy for some reason when simming games. Back on topic, year 1 with the Pels I get the 5th seed. I try not to go to trade crazy normally but I have to get rid of Eric Gordon because he shoots like a girl and I've never been able to get the timing down, I usually play 2-3 playoff games in each series. So I trade Gordon and the team I traded with as a longshot hits on the lottery with the 3rd pick, get this stud SG. So I'm loving my lineup: Jrue Holiday/Rookie/Tyreke Evans/Davis/Nerlens Noel(no clue how I got him, that was 2 weeks ago lol). I cleared out my bench and after year 1 I almost had enough to make a run at a max guy like Lebron. So, I signed 3 old guys to 1 year deals(Caron Butler, Elton Brand, can't remember the 3rd guy) for year 2, meaning I'd definitely have enough money for a max guy for year 3.

Year 2, 1 month left in the season, I have the 3rd best record in the West. For no real reason, the owner calls me and fires me :lol:

Now I don't feel like restarting yet again, so not sure what to do. I did sign on with the Clippers so playing with CP3 may be worth keeping on with this one.

Good times!
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

shel311 wrote:This darn game. So a couple of weeks ago I got this crash, but it wasn't really a 2K related crash after googling. The advice given was to reformat the PS4, which I did and that involved saving all my games and in game saves to the cloud then re-downloading them once i reformatted, but none of that worked so I had to start a new MyGM with my Pelicans.

So I start a new one. Side note: This game is way too easy for some reason when simming games. Back on topic, year 1 with the Pels I get the 5th seed. I try not to go to trade crazy normally but I have to get rid of Eric Gordon because he shoots like a girl and I've never been able to get the timing down, I usually play 2-3 playoff games in each series. So I trade Gordon and the team I traded with as a longshot hits on the lottery with the 3rd pick, get this stud SG. So I'm loving my lineup: Jrue Holiday/Rookie/Tyreke Evans/Davis/Nerlens Noel(no clue how I got him, that was 2 weeks ago lol). I cleared out my bench and after year 1 I almost had enough to make a run at a max guy like Lebron. So, I signed 3 old guys to 1 year deals(Caron Butler, Elton Brand, can't remember the 3rd guy) for year 2, meaning I'd definitely have enough money for a max guy for year 3.

Year 2, 1 month left in the season, I have the 3rd best record in the West. For no real reason, the owner calls me and fires me :lol:

Now I don't feel like restarting yet again, so not sure what to do. I did sign on with the Clippers so playing with CP3 may be worth keeping on with this one.
Good times!
How the hell did you piss him off?
ImageImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Yea,I'll admit I usually do the "will accomplish" or "might accomplish" and not pay much attention to it lol. That being said, I was still accomplishing most goals he set, by default. Winning games, fan support, getting the role players he wanted, so I have no idea.

I did bang his wife. But it was that only that one time, and who hasn't?
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

lol. Does your wife know?
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

shel311 wrote:Yea,I'll admit I usually do the "will accomplish" or "might accomplish" and not pay much attention to it lol. That being said, I was still accomplishing most goals he set, by default. Winning games, fan support, getting the role players he wanted, so I have no idea.

I did bang his wife. But it was that only that one time, and who hasn't?
Must've found something that you "will accomplish" that you just completely disregarded
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Basketball”