Career Modes

This is the place for all Basketball games played in the NDL.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: Career Modes

Post by shel311 »

texasfan4444 wrote:lol. Does your wife know?
The rules change when I'm making 7 figures!!!

/hopes my wife doesn't read this
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Also, I've finally got to playing regularly so i'm a bit better at the game now.

Problem is, i'm still having issues with sliders, just can't get the right ones. I tried to play on All-Star simulation sliders, no changes, but both teams shoot well over 50% virtually every game. I think it's not so much the type of shots going in but more the ease of getting easy/good shots. I imagine if I go to HOF level the CPU will just shoot 65% instead of 55%, so I messed around with some stuff like On Ball Defense and Help defense sliders. Everything I change, I change for both user and cpu. They seem to be giving me fairly realistic stats, but the CPU is still playing just as well as before on offense, so now i'm getting crushed instead of keeping it close :lol:
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I finally found some really good sliders, on HOF level of all levels. I only played 1 game but everything looked solid and the computer played much more realistically on offense.
swellvermin
Reactions:

Post by swellvermin »

shel311 wrote:I finally found some really good sliders, on HOF level of all levels. I only played 1 game but everything looked solid and the computer played much more realistically on offense.
Oh word? I just got my PS4 and it came with 2K14, been playing every game of my season so far. Just on All Star default sliders. Im 15-3 and shooting 59% as a team so far...Where are your slider settings?
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

swellvermin wrote:
shel311 wrote:I finally found some really good sliders, on HOF level of all levels. I only played 1 game but everything looked solid and the computer played much more realistically on offense.
Oh word? I just got my PS4 and it came with 2K14, been playing every game of my season so far. Just on All Star default sliders. Im 15-3 and shooting 59% as a team so far...Where are your slider settings?
I had the same issues, both my team and the CPU would shoot over 50% from the field every game on the All Star Simulation sliders.

Tried these, played 2 games, seemed to work really well so far. About halfway down the 1st page.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... f-set.html
swellvermin
Reactions:

Post by swellvermin »

shel311 wrote:
swellvermin wrote:
I had the same issues, both my team and the CPU would shoot over 50% from the field every game on the All Star Simulation sliders.

Tried these, played 2 games, seemed to work really well so far. About halfway down the 1st page.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... f-set.html
fasho, ill try it out
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Swelly, let me know how those sliders work out. I tweaked them very slightly(in my favor)a nd they seem to play even better.
swellvermin
Reactions:

Post by swellvermin »

shel311 wrote:Swelly, let me know how those sliders work out. I tweaked them very slightly(in my favor)a nd they seem to play even better.
I havent set them yet. lol Im scared buhaha But I will, I need to get used to them before the Playoffs. Still shooting near 60% 30 games in
swellvermin
Reactions:

Post by swellvermin »

I just played my first game with them set. Ummm....dafuq? Seemed like it just made it more difficult for the user than anything else. Spurs (me) shot 36% from the field to New Orleans 61%

SA 3pt fg 30%
NO 3pt fg 80%

What. The. Fuck.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Yikes. Yea, like I said, I tweaked a few things in my favor, but nothing too crazy.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I feel like I have sliders pretty close to perfected based on how good I am at this game. I've passed them along to a couple of others, any of you guys try it out yet?

This game loves the Pelicans for some weird reason. I've simmed the 1st season of a franchise roughly 5 times and the worst seed the Pels have been is 6th, usually hovering around 4th lol.

Got a career going now, season 1 I had the 5th seed simming all regular season games(playing all playoff games), then faced the Spurs in round 1. They beat me 3 straight, very realistic games though. I think it was by 12, 13, and 7. I simmed out game 4 of the sweep.

Season 2, more Pels love by 2K. I basically have the best "Big 3" in the game based on overall ratings with AD/Gordon/Jrue Holiday, so ridiculous. I also traded away Tyreke Evans and a couple of other pieces for a would be late ish lottery pick that hit the lottery and got me #3 overall, so I took Wiggins who is rated 77 but may as well be 95 lol. I get the 2 seed and face the Spurs again. Duncan and Leonard get hurt in the playoffs, still played just at reduced ratings. I was down 3 games to 1(Spurs won one game on a 3pt buzzer beater and another on a Ginobli layup with 3.2 seconds to go), but I won the final 3 games by about 20 points each.

Round 2: Rockets...they're good. I was up by 15 after 1 quarter in game 2 and 11 at the half. Then they reel off 70 points on 70% shooting in the 2nd half to win by 16. Game 2 was tied with 2 minutes left, but the Rockets won by 6. I also lost Wiggins for 4 weeks, so my season is about over.

This game is probably the most addictive game I've played since Super Mario Kart :lol:
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

shel311 wrote:This game is probably the most addictive game I've played since Super Mario Kart :lol:
Speaking of, the new one is the best one ever made. Tried it in a Best Buy and it was fun as hell. Also looked great in HD.

I have no comment on any of the NBA stuff :lol:
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

There still making Mario Karts? :shock:
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Yup and probably a nominee for game of the year and it has vaulted Wii U sales through the roof surpassing XB1 but still 2nd to PS4.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

The logic in this game is so messed up... And not just for the Pelicans being so good lol.

I'm in year 3, just got the 2 seed for the 2nd year in a row. I've traded to get the #3 pick in year 1, and the 9th pick in year 2 . In both drafts I got the best player in the entire draft. I also signed Kevin Love to a max deal, my team is fairly stacked.

All season long my owner was unhappy, with a 36 rating to start the playoffs. His season goal was for me to make the WCF.

I just made the WCF, simming all but 2 games in the 1st 2 rounds. Checked my owner, rating is down to 19. :?
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

shel311 wrote:The logic in this game is so messed up... And not just for the Pelicans being so good lol.

I'm in year 3, just got the 2 seed for the 2nd year in a row. I've traded to get the #3 pick in year 1, and the 9th pick in year 2 . In both drafts I got the best player in the entire draft. I also signed Kevin Love to a max deal, my team is fairly stacked.

All season long my owner was unhappy, with a 36 rating to start the playoffs. His season goal was for me to make the WCF.

I just made the WCF, simming all but 2 games in the 1st 2 rounds. Checked my owner, rating is down to 19. :?
Sleeping with his wife again? Or not paying attention to all the other stuff he asks for like building shit and acquiring shit or selling players?
ImageImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Must be sleeping with the wife, I'm hitting on just about all of the goals.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

It's gotten too easy from a sim standpoint, though my games i play are still perfectly realistic, or close to it.

I signed Love as a free agent to a max deal. In my 1st year with Love, we got the 2 seed, and I won the title, playing only game 4s and on in each playoff series(no regular season games), and I played a few really tough games along the way.

The next season I traded Love for a package centered around getting Kawhi Leonard. So I basically had four 90+ rated players and an 85 rated 2nd year center who is also a stud in Noah Vonleh. That team won 70 regular season games, and I didn't have to play any playoff games, going 15-1 simming the playoffs.

Time to go and play The Show. :lol:
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

maybe stop making the trades?
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

DRiccio21 wrote:maybe stop making the trades?
Eh, none of the trades were that lopsided at the time of the deals. I think the only guys from my original team I traded were tyreke Evans and Aminu. Gordon walked in free agency. And I got lucky in both drafts.

And if I didn't make trades, I'd still be stuck with guys like Jason Smith and some dude named Withey logging tons of minutes lol.

Return to “Basketball”