New House!

Going on a trip? Taking a 4-day Mormon sabbatacal? Goldfish eat your power cord? If you're going away for a little bit post it here.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Re: New House!

Post by Uuaww »

For someone who has moved as much as I have, have not lived in a ton of places. Moving is the WORST though. I have 1 more this year when I switch sides in my duplex but that shouldn't be too bad.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

How do you ever get ahead if you're constantly changing homes? I understand if it's a military thing or a job change, but much more than 7-8 seems so wild to me.
PSN: ReignOnU
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Apologize, been 15 moves that I can remember, not 19.

Moved out of my parents house and went to college in 1993.
Was in dorms for the first year of college. Brown Hall at University of Akron. (1 move)
Then I moved into an apartment called Joey Hall for my 2nd year of college. 1994 (2 moves)
Then I moved into a house off campus, Coventry Street, in my 3rd year of college. 1995 (3 moves)
Then I moved back home from college and lived with my parents for almost a year. 1996 (4 moves)
Then I moved to Mentor, Ohio with my sister and her boyfriend temporarily, in their apartment, Fox Run Apartments. 1997 (5 moves)
They bought a house on Robinwood Drive in Mentor-on-the-Lake and asked me to move in with them to help pay their mortgage.
I lived with them for about a year and a half. 1998 (6 moves)
Then I moved into my own apartment in Willoughby, Ohio. The Reserve at Lake Pointe apartments. Was a different name back then. 1999 (7 moves)
I got married in 2000 to my first wife, we were young, moved into an apartment in Columbus, Ohio on Polaris Parkway. 2000 (8 moves)
We then moved to Akron, Ohio a year later, Apartments in the Valley. 2001 (9 moves)
Then a year later, moved to Mentor, Ohio, house on Ohio Street. 2002 (10 moves)
Then later that year, we got a divorce. So I moved into an apartment, Trenton Place apartments. 2002 1/2 (11 moves)
Once that year was up, I moved into a house with 3 other guys, living the bachelor life in Mayfield, Ohio on Sunset Road. 2003 (12 moves)
A year later, I met my current wife and we moved into our own apartment in Willoughby, Ohio, Fox Run apartments. 2004 (13 moves)
Then we bought our house in South Euclid, Ohio. 3/2005 (14 moves)
Lived there for the last 10 years until last year, when we moved into my aunt's old house when we moved to my hometown of Dillonvale, Ohio. 2015 (15 moves)
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

Weasel wrote:When we renovated our kitchen last year, we decided to paint the cabinets. I get about 2 minutes in and tell her to grab a brush, at which point she said she didn't trust herself painting them. Wait, wha-... Fuck.
I actually laughed quite a bit at this

oh, and congrats Coug
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

The_Niddler wrote:Apologize, been 15 moves that I can remember, not 19.

Moved out of my parents house and went to college in 1993.
Was in dorms for the first year of college. Brown Hall at University of Akron. (1 move)
Then I moved into an apartment called Joey Hall for my 2nd year of college. 1994 (2 moves)
Then I moved into a house off campus, Coventry Street, in my 3rd year of college. 1995 (3 moves)
Then I moved back home from college and lived with my parents for almost a year. 1996 (4 moves)
Then I moved to Mentor, Ohio with my sister and her boyfriend temporarily, in their apartment, Fox Run Apartments. 1997 (5 moves)
They bought a house on Robinwood Drive in Mentor-on-the-Lake and asked me to move in with them to help pay their mortgage.
I lived with them for about a year and a half. 1998 (6 moves)
Then I moved into my own apartment in Willoughby, Ohio. The Reserve at Lake Pointe apartments. Was a different name back then. 1999 (7 moves)
I got married in 2000 to my first wife, we were young, moved into an apartment in Columbus, Ohio on Polaris Parkway. 2000 (8 moves)
We then moved to Akron, Ohio a year later, Apartments in the Valley. 2001 (9 moves)
Then a year later, moved to Mentor, Ohio, house on Ohio Street. 2002 (10 moves)
Then later that year, we got a divorce. So I moved into an apartment, Trenton Place apartments. 2002 1/2 (11 moves)
Once that year was up, I moved into a house with 3 other guys, living the bachelor life in Mayfield, Ohio on Sunset Road. 2003 (12 moves)
A year later, I met my current wife and we moved into our own apartment in Willoughby, Ohio, Fox Run apartments. 2004 (13 moves)
Then we bought our house in South Euclid, Ohio. 3/2005 (14 moves)
Lived there for the last 10 years until last year, when we moved into my aunt's old house when we moved to my hometown of Dillonvale, Ohio. 2015 (15 moves)
Hopefully you didn't own much more than a bed, tv, computer and clothes from 96 until 05.
PSN: ReignOnU
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Around 99 is when I started owning all my own stuff. When I moved into my own apartment.
Before that, it was a bed, a couch, a tv, some clothes, but nothing major.

I was always in a 2 bedroom apartment so family could stay if/when they visited, so I had a spare bed and such, but nothing major till we bought our house, then a 3 bedroom house full of stuff.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

I owned nothing until moving to Buffalo. I had college crap then, moved to furnished places àfter that and didn't buy real furniture until I was 28
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

This made me count it up. Moved 21 times in 24 years. But that's counting college and military. It's actually made me pretty restless when I stay in one place to long. Makes me feel like I've got to move.

Think I'll go look up some houses.

Oh, and congrats Coug.

Return to “NDL Extended Absences”