Toronto - Niagara Falls

Going on a trip? Taking a 4-day Mormon sabbatacal? Goldfish eat your power cord? If you're going away for a little bit post it here.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Toronto - Niagara Falls

Post by LetsGoPeay »

The wife and I are planning a little three day excursion in Toronto and then on to Niagara Falls. Any words of advice?

No Nick, I do not need the name of your supplier.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: Toronto - Niagara Falls

Post by shel311 »

Thought this was a trade thread with a new guy moving his OOTP team to Niagara Falls.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

the falls view themselves are better from Canada but the area is a tourist trap. the American side is a national park and pretty nice.

hit up duff's wings for buffalo wings. They aren't the original like anchor but they are the best.

that about sums up all you need to do in buffalo/Niagara. if you need advice on restaurants to go to in buffalo, lmk.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

stay downtown in Toronto and you'll be good.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Uuaww wrote:the falls view themselves are better from Canada but the area is a tourist trap. the American side is a national park and pretty nice.

hit up duff's wings for buffalo wings. They aren't the original like anchor but they are the best.

that about sums up all you need to do in buffalo/Niagara. if you need advice on restaurants to go to in buffalo, lmk.

Agree the Canadian side is way better.
The american side, the neighborhood is terrible. Boarded up windows and such.

In Canada, if you are into steaks, go to The Keg. Very good.
Clifton Hill is the main tourist area right by the falls. A few cool things to do there.
You can take a tour down behind/below the falls.

If your wife is into stripclubs, the Sundowner!

But there are cool things to do in that area, just depends on what you are into.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

We're almost definitely staying downtown. Probably going to do the CN Tower of course. I'm not sure what else we're going to do. We're still in the formative stage on this.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

really depends when you wanna go to Toronto. There's always something happening downtown. I think Oct 1st weekend is Nuit Blanche (all night art show throughout all downtown).

Where all the hotels downtown are, it's the best part of town.

Beside CN Tower is Ripley's Aquarium which is pretty cool. If the Jays are in town the Rogers Centre is a 5 min walk away.

East a bit is Yonge Street which is the heart of Downtown and a bunch of restaurants and places to go.

I'm so used to just being downtown it's hard to remember.

If you go in the WInter there's Nathan Phillip Square which becomes a big rink with a tree n shit.

But ya, really just depends when u wanna come this way.

----

if you go a lil west of Downtown it's all european areas. Little Italy, Little Portugal. A lil north is Ukraine area. Spanish by st.clair (might be a tad too north to really check out)

Chinatown is on Spadina.

Return to “NDL Extended Absences”