NBA Free Agency/Offseason Thread

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
TEEwade
Reactions:

Re: NBA Free Agency/Offseason Thread

Post by TEEwade »

shel311 wrote:
Rudy Gay and Amir Johnson's contracts are even worse.
At least Rudy Gay has all star potential. I agree he got a lot of money, but it's not as crazy as those two.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

I'm obviously partial to Rudy but he's a young guy who has produced already that is entering his prime. He could take it from here to superstar or at worst stick where he is which is around borderline NBA allstar for the next 5 years.

I would be pretty comfortable w that signing if I was management there. If he had been playing in NY or LA the last 3 years I doubt anyone would be questioning the signing.
VeniVediV1ci
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VeniVediV1ci »

If I was building a team and I didn't have a lock at the 3, I would sign Rudy Gay before I would grab Joe Johnson and basically anyone that wasn't LBJ/Wade/a quality big. I figured he'd leave Memphis, though...
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

First time I can say this,

VVV, I agree.
TEEwade
Reactions:

Post by TEEwade »

Yeah Rudy Gay is a hell of a player. I never understood why he fell so much in the draft that year. At the time, I thought the Houston Rockets could have been really good if they added him to the roster they had. I kind of pulled for T-Mac which is why I followed them.

One thing that speaks volumes about Gay is how quickly Memphis signed him and jumped all over him. No one even had a chance to make offers, or get in his ear like they are doing to all these other free agents. Clearly, Memphis has a lot of stock in him and expects him to continue to grow as a great player. They would have made the playoffs if they played in the Eastern conference, where they belong.
tball275
Reactions:

Post by tball275 »

The video the Cavs showed LeBron to try to convince to stay in Cleveland:

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/video/2010 ... r2-1365233

Lots of music from the Gladiator being played in the background. I can't identify which sports movie the other music came from.
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

tball275 wrote:The video the Cavs showed LeBron to try to convince to stay in Cleveland:

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/video/2010 ... r2-1365233

Lots of music from the Gladiator being played in the background. I can't identify which sports movie the other music came from.
Pretty sweet
ImageImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Same dude again, different article bashing Lebron.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=a ... ency070410

I find it interesting that this guy seems to be the ONLY guy in the world that I've seen that has these "sources" that tell him all these negative things that Lebron is saying and doing. Weird.

I have no doubts that Lebron either shit in this dude's Cheerios or Lebron went all "Delonte West" on that dude's Mom.

Here's my favorite line:
Team LeBron turned this courtship of presentations into a marketing tool for the breadth of his brand, into a visual of the heavy-hitter suitors ultimately being rebuffed out of James’ loyalty and love for Cleveland. This entire episode made for around-the-clock news and Twitter frenzy. From the offices of LRMR, James has delivered a relentless reminder that’s he’s the world’s most wanted man in high tops. He needed the threat of leaving, even if there was never truly the intent.

First of all, he's acting like Lebron is the ONLY player holding all these meetings. Secondly, maybe I'm mistaken, but hasn't the Lebron camp not said one single word during this entire ordeal? And yet he comes up with that thinking? Geez.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

I am no GM, but the Knicks signing Amare over David Lee is a prime example of why Dolan is not very smart. Same player at twice the cost. Moron.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Its because Amare is FLASHY!! :lol:

Alright, I was enjoying all this whirlwind but now its just boring me.

Make a decision already fellas!!!
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

ajalves wrote:I am no GM, but the Knicks signing Amare over David Lee is a prime example of why Dolan is not very smart. Same player at twice the cost. Moron.
exactly.

but you have to put it in perspective... they just sold the fans on basically giving up 2/3 full seasons of sucking to get Lebron. now, they might not get Lebron and they were facing the reality of signing nobody other then the team they already had that couldn't win.

now, during the offseason, they can pretend like they accomplished something by signing a guy coming off microfracture surgery, 1 eye poke away from ending his career to an uninsured contract who is a good player that became very good by playing in PHX with Steve Nash... oh and he can't defend or pass and is by all accounts a bad teammate.

if they don't sign Lebron or Wade they have put the entire franchise in the hands of them signing Melo next season.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

Cnasty wrote: Alright, I was enjoying all this whirlwind but now its just boring me.

Make a decision already fellas!!!
the funniest part is that they are all going to end up back where they started except Bosh/Amare.

The NFL should learn from this and tell Brady, Manning and Brees (who i think are all FA's) to pretend like they want to leave and test free agency to get some good press for the league.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

i understand "why" they did it, just isnt good business. David Lee is a perfect "role/garbage" type player. To me he is the kind of players guys like Wade and Lebron should WANT to play with. He needs 0 plays run for him in a game and does all the dirty work.

I mean whatever. I suppose I am just not an Amare fan at that price
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

pisses me off cause apparently there was a bosh for lee S&T happening....damn it
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

nick wrote:pisses me off cause apparently there was a bosh for lee S&T happening....damn it
Bosh is the best defender in the history of basketball compared to David Lee... for someone who bitched about Bosh's defense i dont think you'd like Lee

i dont get why the Raptors don't pursue the Beasley/Chalmers deal. if Beasley was the focus in Toronto he'd put up very similar numbers to Bosh. His numbers in Miami with Haslem out of the lineup were like 22 and 10 over like a 20 game period.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

I just got a Twitter update from Chad Ford that says the Cavs and Raptors have a sign and trade deal all worked out for Bosh, its just a matter of him approving the deal.
VeniVediV1ci
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VeniVediV1ci »

LetsGoPeay wrote:I just got a Twitter update from Chad Ford that says the Cavs and Raptors have a sign and trade deal all worked out for Bosh, its just a matter of him approving the deal.
yeah ESPN's saying Bosh doesn't want to go to Cleveland. I have no idea why he wouldn't want to go there, though :lol:

...oh and I'm shocked that Bosh isn't even considering his hometown of Dallas
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

After all this drama and crap abou this free agency, no one is going to leave.

Or at least I hope thats the case with Wade.
Whit
Reactions:

Post by Whit »

VeniVediV1ci wrote:
LetsGoPeay wrote:I just got a Twitter update from Chad Ford that says the Cavs and Raptors have a sign and trade deal all worked out for Bosh, its just a matter of him approving the deal.
yeah ESPN's saying Bosh doesn't want to go to Cleveland. I have no idea why he wouldn't want to go there, though :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bme-BAnC ... r_embedded

Pretty good "We are the World" spoof "Please Stay Lebron"
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Off Topic Forum”