Season 25 Final BCS and Polls

All NDL or video game football related conversations go here.
nick
Reactions:

Re: Season 25 Final BCS and Polls

Post by nick »

if multiple people are not voting for you, you might wanna look in the mirror and think it might be a problem you need to fix. imo.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I got two 2nd place votes, ahead of Florida.

Thanks guys!!!!

Lowest vote from Johnny, never gonna forgive me for the icing incident. :lol:
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

I'm disappointed that the only team to beat Oklahoma State didn't get more love in the poll :lol:
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

nick wrote:
chuskerpride wrote:
TJW489 wrote:Arkansas #25
that is strange
media poll is like 12 total people, and it goes 1st = 25 points. Niddler (cc therefore media vote) had Arky #15, thats the only vote they got and why theyre there.

I completely messed that up. I meant to pick Arkansas State and instead picked Arkansas.
Sorry guys.

No offense to Arkansas, but I would have never voted for a 4-8 team to make the top 25. :(
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
fsupenguin
Reactions:

Post by fsupenguin »

Always fun to see the voting, saw some mistakes I made myself in hindsight.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

shel311 wrote:I got two 2nd place votes, ahead of Florida.

Thanks guys!!!!

:lol: In his defense, he asked me for voting advice and I told him to use massey as a guide
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Weasel wrote:
shel311 wrote:I got two 2nd place votes, ahead of Florida.

Thanks guys!!!!

:lol: In his defense, he asked me for voting advice and I told him to use massey as a guide

True fifa rookie hazing won't go well!!!!
VeniVediV1ci
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VeniVediV1ci »

UclaMac wrote:The best part about seeing everyones final poll is finding out who doesnt like who. Case in point you see pretty much the entire league voting someone in a certain range, then the other coaches not even putting a vote for that team or voting them super low. I always love that!
it's really immature and shouldn't have a place in the voting process, but then again sometimes honest mistakes are made and people are left out.

In reality i think the poll only matters for the title game, but there are some curious selections across the board
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

VeniVediV1ci wrote:
UclaMac wrote:The best part about seeing everyones final poll is finding out who doesnt like who. Case in point you see pretty much the entire league voting someone in a certain range, then the other coaches not even putting a vote for that team or voting them super low. I always love that!
it's really immature and shouldn't have a place in the voting process, but then again sometimes honest mistakes are made and people are left out.

In reality i think the poll only matters for the title game, but there are some curious selections across the board

They do it in real life why would it not fly here? Not disagreeing its immature but we are a sim league.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

BFiVL wrote:
VeniVediV1ci wrote:

They do it in real life why would it not fly here? Not disagreeing its immature but we are a sim league.
Honest question as I don't know, have we ever seen a published final coaches poll that has a team that is ranked, say, #5 overall or whatever that another coach completely leaves out of his top 25?

I mean, of course, some will have teams a lot lower or higher or whatever, but have we ever seen a discrepancy that high? Not that I know of.

But Veni is right, there are honest mistakes, but it's curious seeing certain guy(s) ranked really high and left out of only 1 or 2 polls completely, but 1 or both of those guys are known to not like that person at all.
Daw1git
Reactions:

Post by Daw1git »

I have seen it a few times

I have even seen where like this season a few teams are close to the big dance so people will not put them in the polls at all while putting the team they want in the number 1 spot
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

shel311 wrote:
BFiVL wrote:
VeniVediV1ci wrote:

Honest question as I don't know, have we ever seen a published final coaches poll that has a team that is ranked, say, #5 overall or whatever that another coach completely leaves out of his top 25?

I mean, of course, some will have teams a lot lower or higher or whatever, but have we ever seen a discrepancy that high? Not that I know of.

But Veni is right, there are honest mistakes, but it's curious seeing certain guy(s) ranked really high and left out of only 1 or 2 polls completely, but 1 or both of those guys are known to not like that person at all.
But its a double edged sword. What if, just hypothetically, a team plays me, and I feel they were "cheese" or whatever u wanna use, not "5/5 ndl" so i dock them and its so bad i give them 1's... why should I reward someone I feel isnt even NDL worthy with a high ranking in the polls? They wont ever see a ranking from me, and they can gladly ask me about it and i'll let them know.

IF a BUNCH of people are missing you on their polls.. then its on you as how you play. You went 10-2 and in the process 10 owners no longer wanna play/vote for you, thats on you.
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

shel311 wrote:
BFiVL wrote:
VeniVediV1ci wrote:

I am not 100% if he still does it but the Ol ball coach use to always but Duke in his first top 25 poll. Iam also sure we have seen instances of coaches putting teams lower for the betterment of their teams rankings.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

nick wrote:But its a double edged sword. What if, just hypothetically, a team plays me, and I feel they were "cheese" or whatever u wanna use, not "5/5 ndl" so i dock them and its so bad i give them 1's... why should I reward someone I feel isnt even NDL worthy with a high ranking in the polls? They wont ever see a ranking from me, and they can gladly ask me about it and i'll let them know.

IF a BUNCH of people are missing you on their polls.. then its on you as how you play. You went 10-2 and in the process 10 owners no longer wanna play/vote for you, thats on you.
I agree. That's why it's hard to really do anything about it.

But I'm moreso talking about the guy who is clearly top 10, ranked top 10 by almost everyone, gets a good coach report, and somebody he never played leaves him unranked and you, we all "know" why it really happened. But it's one of those things we deal with and go on.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

BFiVL wrote:
shel311 wrote:
BFiVL wrote:
VeniVediV1ci wrote:

I am not 100% if he still does it but the Ol ball coach use to always but Duke in his first top 25 poll. Iam also sure we have seen instances of coaches putting teams lower for the betterment of their teams rankings.
True, but I think he even admitted that poll is irrelevant.

I'm talking about the final poll, in real life, any top 5 or 10 teams just get flat left out by certain coaches ever or on a regular basis?
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

shel311 wrote:
BFiVL wrote:
shel311 wrote:
BFiVL wrote:
VeniVediV1ci wrote:

True, but I think he even admitted that poll is irrelevant.

I'm talking about the final poll, in real life, any top 5 or 10 teams just get flat left out by certain coaches ever or on a regular basis?
that debacle year with OU/UT and TTU, Mack Brown didnt have OU in their top 25 or something ridiculous.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

polls are subjective... they will always suck.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

shel311 wrote:[
the year i went 11-1 and made a BCS game, Dr Tom left me off completely. :lol: :lol:
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

The BCS will include no schools from conferences whose champions do not automatically qualify. Mountain West champ TCU came close to meeting criteria for inclusion but fell short, in part because of its coaches poll results. Its votes ranged from No. 9 (Fresno State's Pat Hill) to No. 21 (LSU's Les Miles); Boise State's Chris Petersen, whose team lost to TCU in conference play, voted the Big 12-bound Horned Frogs 18th and his Broncos fifth. Boise was in the top nine on 52 of the 59 ballots.

Here is some votes from last year regarding tcu and Boise.

I don't think we will ever know if they vote the way they do due to some beef but mainly folks will tend to vote in favor of conference members on a routine basis. Would be interesting to see though.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

nick wrote:that debacle year with OU/UT and TTU, Mack Brown didnt have OU in their top 25 or something ridiculous.
If true or something similar, then Biffy is spot on.

Interesting stuff, I never thought it went on to that extent in real life.

Return to “NDL Open Forum”