2025 Rookie Draft - (NY 3:40; Phi, Shel, CLC, Cin)

Out of the Park Baseball League

Moderators: TheGobOne, Cnasty, Ry, nick

kdog36
Reactions:

Re: 2025 Rookie Draft - (Tex 12p, HoHab, Shel, Hon, Det)

Post by kdog36 »

sucks my next pick was given on a backfill to someone not around. Oh well. Rosa
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: 2025 Rookie Draft - (Tex 12p, HoHab, Shel, Hon, Det)

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:At least when I quit I am still active, sheesh! :)
You're more active than at least 10% of the league, maybe closer to 20%. :lol:
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Re: 2025 Rookie Draft - (Shel 2:51p, Hon, Det, Tex, Steel)

Post by ReignOnU »

7 .) Texas : Irving Pollard - 2B - Bowling Green
8 .) Houston Hab : Pepe Hernandez - SP - Miami
PSN: ReignOnU
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

14 more picks. lets do disss
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Someone IM me, got a quick draft question...
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

3B D Page

I really need to add the entire first names to my filters for my spreadsheets lol.

Gonna assume his first name is Dallas. :lol:
mbyrd75
Reactions:

Post by mbyrd75 »

really yall couldn't just auto the pick? you had to skip it all the way to the 2nd round and set an already shitty team back several years by not allowing them a top 5 pick? Sorry for the delay fellas but I've worked two straight weeks on call between 12-16 hour days because we lost a driver. I've done my best just to export these couple of weeks. Yet the other two teams that were MIA got the best player available? dick move fellas...dick move

Funny you'd think if anybody got the benefit of a decision it would be the one of the 3 that DID export. Like i said i'm very sorry I held things up but real life got in the way.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

mbyrd75 wrote:really yall couldn't just auto the pick? you had to skip it all the way to the 2nd round and set an already shitty team back several years by not allowing them a top 5 pick? Sorry for the delay fellas but I've worked two straight weeks on call between 12-16 hour days because we lost a driver. I've done my best just to export these couple of weeks. Yet the other two teams that were MIA got the best player available? dick move fellas...dick move

Funny you'd think if anybody got the benefit of a decision it would be the one of the 3 that DID export. Like i said i'm very sorry I held things up but real life got in the way.
If you're active and exporting, you should have know the draft was coming and gotten with Reign to let him know how busy you were.

Did you let anyone know how busy you were and wouldn't be available for the draft?

Take some responsibility.

The comparisons to the other 2 teams are apples and oranges. Those are 2 teams effectively who have no owner. Your team was a team with an owner exporting here and there but just not drafting as per the draft rules that are in place. Nothing alike.
doc
Reactions:

Post by doc »

mbyrd75 wrote:really yall couldn't just auto the pick? you had to skip it all the way to the 2nd round and set an already shitty team back several years by not allowing them a top 5 pick? Sorry for the delay fellas but I've worked two straight weeks on call between 12-16 hour days because we lost a driver. I've done my best just to export these couple of weeks. Yet the other two teams that were MIA got the best player available? dick move fellas...dick move

Should have sent someone that info before the draft. It was posted a few days before what was up. A simple PM to reign saying plz take best available im not going to be around. Pretty simple if you ask me and I work alot.
mbyrd75
Reactions:

Post by mbyrd75 »

shel311 wrote:

If you're active and exporting, you should have know the draft was coming and gotten with Reign to let him know how busy you were.

Did you let anyone know how busy you were and wouldn't be available for the draft?

Take some responsibility.

The comparisons to the other 2 teams are apples and oranges. Those are 2 teams effectively who have no owner. Your team was a team with an owner exporting here and there but just not drafting as per the draft rules that are in place. Nothing alike.
i honestly did not know we were drafting. I just took over the team and i'm still getting familiar with the schedule etc. It's not like i've been here for several years of drafts. I hadn't been to the boards in a week. I literally just had time to toss in a no change export.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

mbyrd75 wrote:i honestly did not know we were drafting. I just took over the team and i'm still getting familiar with the schedule etc. It's not like i've been here for several years of drafts. I hadn't been to the boards in a week. I literally just had time to toss in a no change export.
Fair enough. I understand that life gets in the way of our games.

But to be honest, I think it's BS to call it a dick move when you haven't visited the boards in a week. And to be even more honest, after we've waited 3 hours for you, I've checked your status, and it shows you visited the boards around 2am est the last 2 or 3 nights, so I dont know if you've had time to come and read the draft info, but you have been on, and could have let Reign know to put you on auto any of those 2 or 3 nights you were on. :)

But more to the point, you can't blame Reign for you not checking in for over a week, that's all I'm saying. Tough luck, I agree, but that comes with the territory.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

let me say this and i'll lay off.

this isnt strictly directed at MByrd, so keep that in mind.

Im sick and tired of hearing "real life got in the way"

If you commit to something, fulfill your responsibility. Too many fucking people use the "real life" excuse. We're all real people....arent we?

now do i expect you to drop family things or work related things for a baseball simulation? of course not. But real life was there when you joined. Its on you.

take repsonsibility. I dont give a shit about work or football or whatever. I really dont. I'lll go toe to toe with anyone on the "busy" meter

EDIT
its also totally understandable if "real life gets in the way"....just dont expect the league to bend around anyone without prior communication
SIRLOIN
Reactions:

Post by SIRLOIN »

Matt i' am glad you are ok ! was worried for a while there. all is not lost here , I would just not sign the first two picks and make it up next season! i'll offer to help you any time you need it. i'm retired and got time on my hands. just let me know if you need any thing? Beefy
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Re: 2025 Rookie Draft - (Det 4:02p, Tex, Steel)

Post by ReignOnU »

9 .) Sheltown : Dave Page - 3B - Alonso (HS)
10 .) Honolulu : Steve Warren - SP - Oregon St
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

A few guys have my # in case anything comes up. I'll be on/off quite a bit today.
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

Post by I_S33M_THAB33T_U »

LF - Jim Gill - Menchville (Va) HS
mbyrd75
Reactions:

Post by mbyrd75 »

Thanks beefy

I am not blind to the fact that several of you didn't want me back in and have a grudge or dislike for me from the first time I was here. I understand that completely and came in with the mindset to change those opinions. Obviously missing the draft doesn't help that but I had no idea it was going. I should have gotten more familiar with the schedule and if I had I'd have known to pm reign. That's on me and again I apologize for holding things up.

What bothers me is this. if it had been some new guy that didn't have that history and had just taken a team over in the last 2 weeks would have been dealt with the same way it was here? I don't think it would have. Most likely he at least gets best available with the top 5 pick escape coals given how bad this team is. There would have been some leeway I think. That's what prompted me to refer to it as a dick move.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

mbyrd75 wrote:Thanks beefy

I am not blind to the fact that several of you didn't want me back in and have a grudge or dislike for me from the first time I was here. I understand that completely and came in with the mindset to change those opinions. Obviously missing the draft doesn't help that but I had no idea it was going. I should have gotten more familiar with the schedule and if I had I'd have known to pm reign. That's on me and again I apologize for holding things up.

What bothers me is this. if it had been some new guy that didn't have that history and had just taken a team over in the last 2 weeks would have been dealt with the same way it was here? I don't think it would have. Most likely he at least gets best available with the top 5 pick escape coals given how bad this team is. There would have been some leeway I think. That's what prompted me to refer to it as a dick move.
Reign is the only decision maker, so what other guys think of you is irrelevant to thatdecision.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

no one can really answer that but Reign
kdog36
Reactions:

Post by kdog36 »

Texas picks: Andrew "Megaphone" Dalton from Charlotte Christian HS from NC.

Return to “Old OOTP Baseball”