NFL Thread

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
mbyrd75
Reactions:

Re: NFL Thread

Post by mbyrd75 »

I've been a huge Romo apologist for years but yesterday was the first time I felt like maybe there's something to the late game issues. I mean it's hard to believe a guy can play that well all game and then right when the pressure is at it's highest he does the worst possible thing. Some credit has to go to the Broncos LB who made a great play and the fact that Romo stepped on Tyron Smiths foot as he was throwing but still. It's almost like all this choke artist talk is in his head.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

if Romo "chokes" how did Dallas score 15 points in the 4th q? is there a certain time when it becomes "choke time" ??

Denver Broncos at 01:57
1-10-DAL 24
(1:57) (Shotgun) 18-P.Manning pass short left to 88-D.Thomas to DAL 11 for 13 yards (39-B.Carr).
Timeout #1 by DAL at 01:49.
1-10-DAL 11
(1:49) (Shotgun) 27-K.Moreno up the middle to DAL 10 for 1 yard (94-D.Ware).
Timeout #2 by DAL at 01:45.
2-9-DAL 10
(1:45) (Shotgun) 18-P.Manning pass short right to 80-J.Thomas pushed ob at DAL 2 for 8 yards (27-J.Wilcox).
3-1-DAL 2
(1:40) (Shotgun) 27-K.Moreno up the middle to DAL 1 for 1 yard (50-S.Lee; 27-J.Wilcox).
Timeout #3 by DAL at 01:35.
1-1-DAL 1
(1:35) 18-P.Manning left end to DAL 5 for -4 yards (94-D.Ware).
2-5-DAL 5
(:50) 18-P.Manning kneels to DAL 6 for -1 yards.
3-6-DAL 6
(:13) 18-P.Manning kneels to DAL 10 for -4 yards.
Timeout #1 by DEN at 00:02.
4-10-DAL 10
(:02) (Field Goal formation) 5-M.Prater 28 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-46-A.Brewer, Holder-4-B.Colquitt.

damn, plenty of time for a FG (1:40ish left) if that defense just stopped them 1 time on the day.. maybe Romo should play LB too. Maybe DeMarcus Ware could actually put some pressure on the QB. Nah, probably Romo. 500/5, shit happens every week
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

How about this: clutch doesn't even exist.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

old news
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

It was just mentioned two posts ago; clearly not old news.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

whats funny is it's borderline insulting to use the word clutch. think about it. Us fans are so ignorant to feel like these athletes who devote their lives to their sport, suddenly try harder in the final minutes of a game, as to say earlier they werent going 100%. damn, pretty selfish thought we got as a society.

Heres a thought, instead of believing that during x moment something becomes harder, think of it mathematically. As a game progresses, and someone is near perfect, they up their chances of making a mistake. Romo did. Notice how Peyton threw an INT in the 4th quarter as well? Its kinda hard to be perfect in the NFL. Whether its a int in the 4th or the 1st its a wasted possession. No magic clutch or choke.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

nick wrote:whats funny is it's borderline insulting to use the word clutch. think about it. Us fans are so ignorant to feel like these athletes who devote their lives to their sport, suddenly try harder in the final minutes of a game, as to say earlier they werent going 100%. damn, pretty selfish thought we got as a society.

Heres a thought, instead of believing that during x moment something becomes harder, think of it mathematically. As a game progresses, and someone is near perfect, they up their chances of making a mistake. Romo did. Notice how Peyton threw an INT in the 4th quarter as well? Its kinda hard to be perfect in the NFL. Whether its a int in the 4th or the 1st its a wasted possession. No magic clutch or choke.
i can tell you now the 2nd half of your statement is worded incorrectly or bullshit. If Romo averages 1 Int a game or so say 40 passes he is just as likely to throw that int on the first pass as the last. there is no "due" in sports... players are just as likely to do something on every play. Thats like me flipping a coin 40 times and them all being heads and you saying the next one is going to be tails b/c it was due. no, the odds are still 50-50
Hoos
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Hoos »

Dear Oakland,

Please never draft or sign another LSU QB. Don't even look at Zach Mettenberger. Just walk away.

Thanks!
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

What happened to Flynn?

Dude threw for 9 TDs and 600 yards one game, signed a big contract with seattle, and then released by oakland????
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:What happened to Flynn?

Dude threw for 9 TDs and 600 yards one game, signed a big contract with seattle, and then released by oakland????
Purple Drank!!!
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

shel311 wrote:

Purple Drank!!!
LMAO
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

Did he really get released? Hes got to average the most dollars per play in the history of the league. :shock:
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

Aldon Smith charged with three counts of felony weapons possession and the details of the party that the guns were used (and someone was shot; never heard that) are laughable. They charged for entry and drinks!

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/ ... n-20521314
Last month, Smith and former teammate Delanie Walker were named in a lawsuit filed in Santa Clara County Superior Court by a Northern California man who said he was shot at a party at Smith's house on June 29, 2012.

The players charged a $10 admission and $5 per drink, the lawsuit said. Smith and now-Titans tight end Walker, 29, were allegedly intoxicated on Smith's balcony when they fired gunshots in the air while trying to end the party, the lawsuit said.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Damn
The 2-year-old son of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has died from injuries suffered after allegedly being assaulted by another man, the Sioux Falls (S.D.) Police Department confirmed Friday.

The child had been in critical condition in a South Dakota hospital, and a man who police say was caring for the child has been arrested.

Peterson's father, Nelson Peterson, had told the St. Paul Pioneer Press that the child is Adrian Peterson's son.

Joseph Patterson, 27, is being held on two felony counts of aggravated battery of an infant and aggravated assault domestic. He was in court Friday for a probable cause hearing where bail was expected to be discussed.

Peterson, who spoke to reporters earlier Friday at the team's facility, had said prior to the announcement of the child's death that he would play Sunday. The Vikings (1-3) host the Carolina Panthers (1-3).

Coach Leslie Frazier said he and Peterson will "talk more over the next 24 hours."

"I really appreciate all the support from fans and the Vikings," Peterson said. "I ask y'all to respect my privacy."

Police and an EMS crew were called Wednesday to a Sioux Falls home, where the child was found unresponsive and was rushed to the hospital, according to a police statement. The child was under Patterson's care at the time and nobody else was at the home.

At the hospital, it was discovered that the child's injuries were consistent with abuse. Patterson, who police say is the boyfriend of the child's mother, was taken into custody and charged.

Peterson is second in the NFL with 421 yards rushing and first in the league with five touchdowns.
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

That dude doesn't need to fear jail (where they don't take lightly to child abusers...), he needs to fear AP finding him after the game Sunday...
ImageImageImageImage
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

Seeitsaveit13 wrote:That dude doesn't need to fear jail (where they don't take lightly to child abusers...), he needs to fear AP finding him after the game Sunday...
Just horrible. What the fuck is wrong with people?
bigred
Reactions:

Post by bigred »

Man , that's beyond fucked up
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I was wrong with my Johnny football blew out his knee post last night, but I'll try again lol.

Looks like Randall Cobb may have just busted up his knee.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Rams >>
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

shel311 wrote:I was wrong with my Johnny football blew out his knee post last night, but I'll try again lol.

Looks like Randall Cobb may have just busted up his knee.

I hope you're wrong, but if he doesn't have at least two ligaments torn I'll be surprised

Fuck Goodell :(

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61

Return to “Off Topic Forum”