NFL Thread

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Cnasty »

Seeitsaveit13 wrote:Somewhere between a Mingo and a Manziel.
Sounds like the beginning of a Jimmy Buffet song.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

The 2 names I want to see at 8... Elliott / Buckner. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT take an offensive lineman.
PSN: ReignOnU
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

ReignOnU wrote:The 2 names I want to see at 8... Elliott / Buckner. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT take an offensive lineman.
I thought you were a Bengals fan for some reason? Maybe your wife.
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

ReignOnU wrote:The 2 names I want to see at 8... Elliott / Buckner. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT take an offensive lineman.
Buckner will be gone
ImageImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Reign wants 2 guys who will 100% be gone by pick 8 lol. Should of just stayed at 2.

this trade makes no fucking sense for the eagles. You just invested in Bradford, made Chase highest paid backup, so you mortgage your future for the 2nd choice at QB? THey have so many glaring holes that they need to fix and could of started at 8.

Wentz/Goff will probably both be studs, but i doubt they can just flip Bradford or Chase for anything worth a fuck.

Likewise, why the fuck are the Browns trading away a potential franchise QB for RG3 and a bunch of picks for depth? Have any teams watched the Rams? Got a bajillion picks but if you dont have a QB it means literally fuck all.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Cnasty wrote:
I thought you were a Bengals fan for some reason? Maybe your wife.
Yeah... my wife... her whole family... most of my family.. :-)

Hell, my bulldog is named Boomer.

Even worse is most of these Bengals fans are also OSU fans.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

nick wrote:Reign wants 2 guys who will 100% be gone by pick 8 lol. Should of just stayed at 2.

this trade makes no fucking sense for the eagles. You just invested in Bradford, made Chase highest paid backup, so you mortgage your future for the 2nd choice at QB? THey have so many glaring holes that they need to fix and could of started at 8.

Wentz/Goff will probably both be studs, but i doubt they can just flip Bradford or Chase for anything worth a fuck.

Likewise, why the fuck are the Browns trading away a potential franchise QB for RG3 and a bunch of picks for depth? Have any teams watched the Rams? Got a bajillion picks but if you dont have a QB it means literally fuck all.

2 things...

I expect the draft to look something like this...
Goff, Wentz, Tunsil, Ramsey, Jack, Bosa... leaving Elliott and Buckner with 1 pick to go. Now, I could see the Cowboys taking Elliott, which I can live with. I guess I should have said it more like this... don't take a damn OL and hopefully not Bosa. If by some chance Goff, Wentz, Ramsey, or Jack were there, I couldn't argue that. As much as I think Bosa is a tool and going to be a bust, even if they took him at 8, I could justify it based on his talent. Unfortunately, the last player we took at 8 with amazing talent is a turd so far (Justin Gilbert).

Number 2, texting with a friend that is a long time Eagles fan, he thinks they are trading up to secure Elliott. His theory is that the Eagles don't want the Cowboys to get him. My first thought was "BS." But as we're texting Schefter tweets that the Eagles nearly had a deal done with the Chargers at 3. The Eagles wouldn't be in play at 3 if they were thinking QB, because 1-2 are heavily in play for QB. No reason they'd mortgage for that.
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

ReignOnU wrote:
nick wrote:Reign wants 2 guys who will 100% be gone by pick 8 lol. Should of just stayed at 2.

2 things...

I expect the draft to look something like this...
Goff, Wentz, Tunsil, Ramsey, Jack, Bosa... leaving Elliott and Buckner with 1 pick to go. Now, I could see the Cowboys taking Elliott, which I can live with. I guess I should have said it more like this... don't take a damn OL and hopefully not Bosa. If by some chance Goff, Wentz, Ramsey, or Jack were there, I couldn't argue that. As much as I think Bosa is a tool and going to be a bust, even if they took him at 8, I could justify it based on his talent. Unfortunately, the last player we took at 8 with amazing talent is a turd so far (Justin Gilbert).

Number 2, texting with a friend that is a long time Eagles fan, he thinks they are trading up to secure Elliott. His theory is that the Eagles don't want the Cowboys to get him. My first thought was "BS." But as we're texting Schefter tweets that the Eagles nearly had a deal done with the Chargers at 3. The Eagles wouldn't be in play at 3 if they were thinking QB, because 1-2 are heavily in play for QB. No reason they'd mortgage for that.

If Jackson gets to make the pick, with a little help from ole' Moneyball, and no interference from Jerry Jr., you have a chance.

If Jerry Jr. pounds the table and demands a certain player, or Moneyball is given free reign, or Sashi tries to make a bit stand and makes the pick himself, you're in for a world of hurt.
ImageImageImageImage
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

Call me crazy but I don't think the Chargers have any interest in Tunsil at 3 and a few outlets are calling it a "messy fit". I see them looking at Ramsey, Buckner, Bosa
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Eagles fan took this well (NSFW as usual with this guy)

DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

If the trade up is to get Elliot, this has to be the dumbest move of the offseason

Edit: Roseman confirmed they will take a QB
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Why would Carolina do this?
@RapSheet: The #Panthers have rescinded the franchise tag offer on CB Josh Norman. He's a free agent. Wow
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

shel311 wrote:Why would Carolina do this?
@RapSheet: The #Panthers have rescinded the franchise tag offer on CB Josh Norman. He's a free agent. Wow
Yeah I don't get why you wouldn't just let him play out the year under the tag. Maybe something else going on?
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

I think he goes to Cleveland or Jacksonville but I hope he goes to the Giants.
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

Uuaww wrote:I think he goes to Cleveland or Jacksonville but I hope he goes to the Giants.
Why in the actual fuck would he want to play for either of those 2 teams?

If your answer is anything other than "they have a fuck ton of money" then you're wrong.
ImageImageImageImage
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

Seeitsaveit13 wrote:
Uuaww wrote:I think he goes to Cleveland or Jacksonville but I hope he goes to the Giants.
Why in the actual fuck would he want to play for either of those 2 teams?

If your answer is anything other than "they have a fuck ton of money" then you're wrong.
yeah, if he wanted to win he would have signed with Carolina.

So yeah, fuck ton of money.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Come to the best defense in the league in Denver Mr norman!

Even though we can't seem to give Von Miller whatever he wants. Pay the man! He single handed my brought you a super bowl and he's a machine!
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Titans have a ton of money. We love Jalen Ramsey which is a huge need but not at 1 and won't be there at 15. Go get a sure thing in Josh Norman. If by some chance in hell the Eagles draft Zeke at 2. The Chargers will have 15 mins to rape the shit out of some poor bastard who wants Goff or Wentz.

No way Cowboys pass on Ramsey at 4.

Maybe the most fun draft in a long time. Lots of action.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Hey Josh... come on over!

steelcitychaos
Reactions:

Post by steelcitychaos »

Cnasty wrote:Come to the best defense in the league in Denver Mr norman!

Even though we can't seem to give Von Miller whatever he wants. Pay the man! He single handed my brought you a super bowl and he's a machine!

Meanwhile Hoyer is making an appearance today at Broncos Headquarters.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”