NDLH Season 2 Thread

This is the place for all Basketball games played in the NDL.
dealer4014
Reactions:

Re: NDLH Season 2 Thread

Post by dealer4014 »

Thunder went 2-1 yesterday

1st game: The Thunder won 67-64 over the Grizzlies. This was a tough back and forth game. Dorell Wright came up huge at the end of the game as he would hit a big 2 and then on the next possesion a big step back 3 and OKC would hold on. Fun game MGR!

2nd game: OKC would beat the Blazers 71-66. The Thunder would jump out to a 20 point lead in the 2nd quarter but by halftime that lead would be cut to 12. Oklahoma City would get some big games from 2 of their bench players DeShawn Stevenson 14 points and Paul George 10 points and 5 rebounds. D. Williams was going to do everything he could to get the Blazers back in the game. They would get as close as 2 at 53-51, but OKC would then go on a 7-0 run to push it to 60-51. The Blazers would come right back though and cut the lead to 60-59. Down the stretch Jamal Crawford would hit some huge shots and free throws to win the game. Great game Talented!

3rd game: This was basically like the Blazers game, OKC got down early by a lot and then was playing from behind all game and just got down by too much too early as 68-63 was the closest we could get. The Thunder would lose 81-73, nice game Justgiver!
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

How about that 3 game streak for the Mavs... very impressive!

(vs. Thunder, @ Spurs, vs. Raptors)
PSN: ReignOnU
jeffdaddy
Reactions:

Post by jeffdaddy »

ReignOnU wrote:How about that 3 game streak for the Mavs... very impressive!

VERY NICE!
jeffdaddy
Reactions:

Post by jeffdaddy »

Mavericks shoot 39 FT's vs the RAPTORS!

Attack city baby!!
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Lakers Recap 6/1

A solid all-around night for the Lakers, as we worked hard on taking our offensive game to the next level. After starting the season as a standard inside-out team, we went through many struggles in trying to develop our mid-range game. Last night we had our first big steps forward in establishing it as a weapon.

After 4 solid wins last night, the Lakers have the most games played and just 14 remaining. Hard work and practice has definitely increased performance, but we still have a ton of room to grow.

Lakers 73 - 76ers 65
In a rematch of a heartbreaking 1 points loss to Philly, Derrick Rose threw the team on his shoulders and went off for a season high 31 points with 7 asts. The 76ers balanced attack (6 guys nailing 3s) kept them with in striking distance, but they could never get a big enough run against the stingy LA defense.

Lakers 87 - Celtics 72
Derrick Rose went off with another big game, pouring in 21pts and 8 asts, but it was the key perimeter play of Richard Jefferson (13pts 3/4 3pt) against the variety of offensive wing options for the Celtics. The biggest surprise of the night has to go to Kendrick Perkins, who led the Celtics with 14pts, while frequently scoring on an overly aggressive Dwight Howard.

Lakers 71 - Kings 40
LA took a season low 6 shots from 3pt land, but it was the play of perimeter players C. Brewer (12pts), L. Odom (14pts), and R. Jefferson (16pts), that carried the Lakers to the lopsided victory. Potential all star D. Howard handled the work on the boards, snagging 9 reb and adding 3 stls and 5 blks. Rose tossed in 11pts and 9 asts. For the Kings, the high spot was definitely the play of Al Jefferson, leading his team with 13pts and 6 reb, while a huge portion of the loss can be blamed on L. Aldridge's horrible 1/13 shooting performance.

Lakers 76 - Nuggets 67
H. Turkoglu and M. Beasley showed off their versatility, scoring inside and out, while combining for 30pts and 4/7 from 3pt. But it wasn't enough to overcome the hot hand of Lamar Odom. Odom dumped in 20pts on 10/13 shooting, with 6 reb and received some help from R. Jefferson (12pts 6 reb) and D. Rose (10pts , 5 reb, 9 asts).

Overall, some really good games last night and some good talk about strategies amongst the other coaches. I really enjoyed it guys. GL the rest of the way to all 4 of you.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Looking ahead at the future all-star ballots... I see 2 very awesome races...

West - Center
Y. Ming, B. Lopez, J. Noah, A. Stoudamire, D. Howard

East - Shooting Guard
K. Martin, M. Ellis, K. Bryant, D. Wade, S. Brown, R. Allen

Those are just with a quick look through some stats. Could be even more. Going to be tough to figure those out.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Great game late in the 4th... 1pt separating the Blazers - Rockets.
Bernie32
Reactions:

Post by Bernie32 »

Nets used a 4th quarter run to tie the game at 68 with 2:47 to go, then failed to score the rest of the way. Granger scored the next 7 unanswered as the Clips closed the game with a 9-0 run and escape the upset bid by the Nets.

Gg Packsy
packsyD22
Reactions:

Post by packsyD22 »

Clips and Detroit who is undefeated set to battle at Staples right now before the real finals tips. Looking forward to the test!
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

GG Pat. My guys just went ice cold down the stretch.....Pistons led the entire second half, by 11 at one point; but they fail to score over the final two minutes and fall 72-70. Pistons got 18 and 6 from Wall, and 17 from Jackson, but Granger's 35 (some on shots that were all but blocked and still somehow fell from deep) was just enough to carry the Clippers. The Pistons' SG spot let the team down, as Curry and Morrow combined to go 7/20 for 16 points.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

The NDLH Mavs continue to be on a freakin' tear, running their winning streak to 5, heading to Boston and Sacramento to take 2 more.

On another note, it's interesting to look at the wins vs other teams from last night, in relation to Dallas.

Dallas beats Boston
Boston beats Denver
Denver beats Phoenix

Obviously Steve has figured out how to manage Johnson / Wallace. I have to say, I'm glad I've already played my game against him, because some has clicked and that team is rolling right now.
justgiver31
Reactions:

Post by justgiver31 »

ReignOnU wrote:

The NDLH Mavs continue to be on a freakin' tear, running their winning streak to 5, heading to Boston and Sacramento to take 2 more.

On another note, it's interesting to look at the wins vs other teams from last night, in relation to Dallas.

Dallas beats Boston
Boston beats Denver
Denver beats Phoenix

Obviously Steve has figured out how to manage Johnson / Wallace. I have to say, I'm glad I've already played my game against him, because some has clicked and that team is rolling right now.
I may not win another game, but i figured out Wallace and let Derozan do what he is good at and that is drive to the basket, but bringing in Oden and Martin has been huge on defense.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Something is up with the website. I was 18-8, won a game, now I'm 18-9. I looked at the schedule and it's listed as a win. And if I go down the schedule, it adds up to 19-8. Very strange.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

ReignOnU wrote:Something is up with the website. I was 18-8, won a game, now I'm 18-9. I looked at the schedule and it's listed as a win. And if I go down the schedule, it adds up to 19-8. Very strange.
it'll fix
dealer4014
Reactions:

Post by dealer4014 »

Thunder 77
Celtics 72

Oklahoma City came out and played a great 1st quarter jumping out to an early 23-13 lead. But then the wheels started to come off in the 2nd and 3rd quarter combined they would only manage 21 total points (8 in 2nd, 13 in 3rd). We could not hit anything, wide open jumpers were being missed and the Celtics were just scoring baskets as they would score 42 point in the 2nd/3rd quarter and at the end of the 3rd would hold a 55-44 lead. DeShawn Stevenson would come up huge in the 4th as he would score 11 of his 20 points in the final quarter. Oklahoma City would claw it's way back into the game and would finally take the lead on a Paul George dunk down the middle of the lane. OKC would be up 73-69 and Rudy Gay would drill a three for the Celtics with :10 left. Fortunately Jamal Crawford and Carl Landry would hit free throws to help close the game out. Carl Landry would also have a big game scoring 16 points and grabbing 6 boards.

nice game krgkmg!
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Cavaliers and Nets have a great game...

This game came down to the last second, literally...
It was 39-34 at the half in favor of the Nets.

Late in the 4th, with like 17 seconds to play, the Nets get called for Defensive 3 seconds and the Cavs miss the shot to tie it up.
score is 73 - 72 Nets.
After the missed free throw, the Cavs get the ball.
They inbounds to Brandon Jennings. The ball gets passed around a few times and with 3 seconds left, it ends up in Jennings hands again from the top of the key who puts it in for 3 as time expires and the Cavs go on to win 75-73.

Great game Bernie and good luck this season.
This was a fun one to be a part of regardless of the outcome.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
Bernie32
Reactions:

Post by Bernie32 »

great game niddler, wild last minute with both team squandering opportunities to seize control, but the Cavs didn't squander the last shot.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

DRiccio21 wrote:
ReignOnU wrote:Something is up with the website. I was 18-8, won a game, now I'm 18-9. I looked at the schedule and it's listed as a win. And if I go down the schedule, it adds up to 19-8. Very strange.
it'll fix
Still not fixed. How long does it normally take?
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

ReignOnU wrote:
DRiccio21 wrote:
it'll fix
Still not fixed. How long does it normally take?
i tried to resync you again

let me know if its not fixed by tomorrow
jeffdaddy
Reactions:

Post by jeffdaddy »

SUNS 95
Knicks 92

In a game that went back and forth from start to finish...the Suns ended up winning in OT..
So many unreal plays and shot to even remember, which made the game fun as hell. Ray Allen hits an NBA extended 3 to tie the game with 1 second remaining to go into OT. In OT the Suns had a 3 point lead with Kyle Lowrie at the line with 7 seconds left, but he missed em both, allowing Ray Allen another shot at a 3 ball to tie it..luckily it was short!

Great fucking game Dave!

Return to “Basketball”