2014 Season Underway

Out of the Park Baseball League

Moderators: Cnasty, Ry, nick

nick
Reactions:

Re: 2014 Season Underway

Post by nick »

trendon should move the injury down 1 notch. I did it in an offline one and it was a huge difference. people still got hurt just not half the team
brwnbear
Reactions:

Post by brwnbear »

DRWebs wrote:
brwnbear wrote:I have a trainer with a 101 in healing arms
You do realize that doesn't mean jack when it comes to PREVENTING injuries right? If a guy tears his labrum or rotator cuff it doesn't matter. That 101 there just means they'll get back on time or maybe earlier. I'd suggest looking into what he's rated at in fatigue recovery or whatever it's called and your players actual fatigue ratings. Outside of that, this game just has a ton of injuries. You see Trendon's update post is littered with them every time. It's mainly just a matter of bad luck that all of yours are coming to your pitching staff
Didnt know that about the trainer's ratings. Does the fatigue recovery rating for trainers help prevent injuries? Next to mine it just says "lol" (60).

On the individual players, I assume you mean stamina?
IM: brwnbear26
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

Like Nick said in the end its really just a crapshoot and abnormally high for the moment
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

dudes just injury proned man. look at jesus moreno

Player History
01-02-2010 Drafted in the 2010 inaugural draft (Round 34, Pick 14, 542nd overall Pick) by the Carolina Spartans.
01-02-2010 Named the #16 prospect in the NDL
04-05-2010 Named the #15 prospect in the NDL
04-23-2010 Injured (dead arm), out for 6 days.
08-11-2010 Injured (forearm stiffness), out for 4 days.

01-01-2011 OSA scouting updated ratings (potential): Stuff: 26 (41); Movement: 56 (71); Control: 27 (70).
04-04-2011 Named the #42 prospect in the NDL
05-03-2011 Pitches a 2-hit shutout against the Nashville Storm with 8 strikeouts and 1 BB allowed!
07-01-2011 Pitches a 4-hit shutout against the Kissimmee King Kobras with 6 strikeouts and 2 BB allowed!
07-14-2011 Injured (neck stiffness), day-to-day for 4 days.
11-01-2011 Drafted in the 2011 expansion draft (Round 9, Pick 2, 18th overall Pick) by the Chicago LOLCats.
01-01-2012 OSA scouting updated ratings (potential): Stuff: 40 (47); Movement: 59 (65); Control: 31 (56).
04-02-2012 Named the #47 prospect in the NDL
04-06-2012 Injured (sore back), day-to-day for one week.
06-19-2012 Injured (elbow soreness), out for 3 weeks.

07-02-2012 Suffered setback in recovery from injury, will miss another 6 days.
08-08-2012 Injured (torn labrum (Shoulder)), out for 6 months.
11-02-2012 Suffered setback in recovery from injury, will miss another 5 months.

01-01-2013 OSA scouting updated ratings (potential): Stuff: 40 (40); Movement: 67 (67); Control: 52 (63).
05-19-2013 Injured (hand soreness), day-to-day for 6 days.
06-15-2013 Injured (sore shoulder), out for 4 weeks.
07-03-2013 Suffered setback in recovery from injury, will miss another 1-2 weeks.

11-20-2013 Received a 1-year contract worth a total of $440,000 through automatic renewal.
01-01-2014 OSA scouting updated ratings (potential): Stuff: 38 (38); Movement: 72 (72); Control: 71 (73).
04-24-2014 Injured (shoulder inflammation), out for 7-8 months.
08-02-2014 Suffered setback in recovery from injury, will miss another 5 months.
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

What time tonight T? Have we gone to 10pm yet?
ImageImageImageImage
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

9PM if no objections.
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

trendon wrote:9PM if no objections.
I object! Do it now!
ImageImageImageImage
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

nick wrote:trendon should move the injury down 1 notch. I did it in an offline one and it was a huge difference. people still got hurt just not half the team

Chicago is just taking a beating. Sheltown, too. Las Vegas to a lesser extent. Everyone else seems to be doiong OK. I have always had one important guy on the DL all season, but it has been one. New England has been OK; Port Orange is just losing their most important players, LOL.

I took an absolutely fucking beating my first two seasons until I just started weeding out these people. Chicago has one of the guys I tired of (Wesley Brown) and this asshole retired.

20100102 Drafted in the 2010 inaugural draft (Round 12, Pick 6, 182nd overall Pick) by the <a href="../teams/team_876.html">New York Launch</a>.

20100411 Injured (pulled abdominal muscle), day-to-day for 3 days.

20100423 Injured (knee inflammation), out for one week.

20100526 Injured (high ankle sprain), out for 6 weeks.

20100624 Suffered setback in recovery from injury, will miss another 4 weeks.

20100825 Injured (hamstring soreness), out for 4 days.

20100902 Injured (strained oblique), out for 3 weeks.

Fatigue plays a HUGE role. I am noticing my guys get hurt more when they are tired (duh). If you look at last years MLB, only seven players played in 161 or more games. Last year in NDLB, four did that, so it isn't like it is unreasonable to sit players because of fatigue and what not.
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

Rookie Leaders (Draft Year, Position)

BA: .317 Shawn Evans, New York (2011, Round 4)
OBP: .384 Katsuhiko Miura, Washington (Inaugural, Round 50)
SLB: .516 Jim Cole, Las Vegas (2010, Round 2)
OPS: .893 Jim Cole, Las Vegas (2010, Round 2)
Hits: 143 Felix Huerta, Seattle (None)
2B: 36 Dorian Maplteon, Concordia (2010, Round 8)
3B: 9 Gerald Burke, Carolina (Inaugural, Round 26) and Stanford Pease, Denver (Inaugural, Round 14)
HR: 24 JJ, Armstrong, New England (Inaugural, Round 106)
RBI: 88 Dorian Maplteon, Concordia (2010, Round 8)
Runs: 79 Craig Biggin, Philadelphia (Inaugural, Round 102)

ERA: 2.71 Steven Hays, Toronto (2010, Round 2)
SV: 30 Steve Gordon, Toronto (2010, Round 34)
Wins: 15 Steven Hays, Toronto (2010, Round 2)
K'S: 189 Steven Hays, Toronto (2010, Round 2)
WHIP: 1.19 Steven Hays, Toronto (2010, Round 2)
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Steven hays is a hoss
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

nick wrote:Steven hays is a hoss
He is 0-2 vs the New York.

Sadly, the rest of the league seems to be 130-0.
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

League file up
Last sim incoming
Website two sims behind
Next sim: Wed at 9PM

NOTES

* About 28 games remaining!

* Milwaukee has eliminated Akron from the S-A playoffs, so someone else will finally get a chance to win the fucking thing! Will it be Lakeland, who was on the short end of the past two Short A Championships? They currently lead Milwaukee 1-0.

* The Single A playoffs have begun. Defending champs Muncie at the '12 champs Miami Beach and Colquitt at Kentucky

* AA playoffs have begun, as well. Chula Vista/St. Petersburg and Bradenton/Connecticut in the EDL and Beverly Hills/Lafayette and Harrisburg/Sioux Falls in the WDL

* The AAA playoffs have yet to start but the teams are set: Daytona, Austin, Columbus, and Greenwood. Does Albany have a team in every playoff?!

NEWS

Monday, September 8th, 2014
1B D. Vallés of the Port Orange Hawks honored: Wins the NDL AL Player of the Week Award.
LF F. Ward of the Las Vegas Gamblers honored: Wins the NDL PL Player of the Week Award.
Wednesday, September 3rd, 2014
Seattle Sea Wolves: J. González pitches a 4-hit shutout against the Washington Stars with 6 strikeouts and 2 BB allowed!

Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014
NorCal Bombers: D. Douglas goes 5-6 against the Sheltown Shockers, with 1 HR, 5 RBI and 4 R.

Monday, September 1st, 2014
1B T. Memoto of the Port Orange Hawks honored: Wins the NDL AL Player of the Week Award.
LF D. Mapleton of the Concordia Tornados honored: Wins the NDL PL Player of the Week Award.
1B T. Memoto of the Port Orange Hawks honored: Wins the NDL AL Batter of the Month Award.
RF F. McMillan of the Steel City Bulldogs honored: Wins the NDL PL Batter of the Month Award.
MR A. Rodríguez of the Carolina Spartans honored: Wins the NDL AL Pitcher of the Month Award.
MR J. Fernández of the Sioux City Explorers honored: Wins the NDL PL Pitcher of the Month Award.
1B P. López of the Carolina Spartans honored: Wins the NDL AL Rookie of the Month Award.
LF D. Mapleton of the Concordia Tornados honored: Wins the NDL PL Rookie of the Month Award.

TRANSACTIONS

Denver Dynamite: Claimed C A. Bennett off waivers from Carolina.
Seattle Sea Wolves: Claimed SS T. Miller off waivers from Steel City.

INJURIES

Monday, September 8th, 2014
Port Orange Hawks: B. Brock has suffered a setback in his recovery. He is not expected to recover for another one week.

Sunday, September 7th, 2014
Toronto Red Leafs: A. González has suffered a setback in his recovery. He is not expected to recover for another 4 days.
Chicago LOLCats: 3B E. Hodge was injured while throwing the ball. The Diagnosis: strained forearm. He's expected to miss about one week.

Saturday, September 6th, 2014
Toronto Red Leafs: RF L. Gibson was injured while running the bases. The Diagnosis: mild hip strain. He's expected to miss about 1-2 weeks.
Chicago LOLCats: 1B M. Clerq was injured while running the bases. The Diagnosis: fractured rib. He's expected to miss about 3 weeks.

Friday, September 5th, 2014
Toronto Red Leafs: MR E. Cole was injured while pitching. The Diagnosis: torn flexor tendon (elbow). He's expected to miss about 13 months.
Port Orange Hawks: C A. Ramírez was injured being hit by a pitch. The Diagnosis: hand contusion. He's expected to miss about one week.
Washington Stars: MR R. Cooper was injured while pitching. The Diagnosis: torn rotator cuff. He's expected to miss about 6 months.
Seattle Sea Wolves: 1B R. Young was injured in a collision at a base. The Diagnosis: fractured hand. He's expected to miss about 4 weeks.
Texas Outlaws: C J. Vance was injured in a collision at a base. The Diagnosis: hamstring strain. He's expected to miss about 2 weeks.

Thursday, September 4th, 2014
Seattle Sea Wolves: CF J. Atkins was injured on a defensive play. The Diagnosis: oblique strain. He's expected to miss about one week.

Wednesday, September 3rd, 2014
Concordia Tornados: 3B H. Burke was injured while running the bases. The Diagnosis: torn groin. He's expected to miss about 6 weeks.
Concordia Tornados: SS W. Miller was injured while running the bases. The Diagnosis: sore back. This is a day-to-day injury expected to last 2 days.
Concordia Tornados: LF J. Kelly was injured being hit by a pitch. The Diagnosis: bruised ankle. This is a day-to-day injury expected to last 2 days.
Concordia Tornados: SP J. Bradley was injured while pitching. The Diagnosis: torn back muscle. He's expected to miss about 4-5 months.
Hartford Whalers: SP M. Collier was injured while pitching. The Diagnosis: sore shoulder. He's expected to miss about 1-2 weeks.
Toronto Red Leafs: LF C. Wolfe was injured on a defensive play. The Diagnosis: herniated disc (neck). He's expected to miss about 4 weeks.
Port Orange Hawks: 1B T. Memoto was injured while running the bases. The Diagnosis: bruised knee. This is a day-to-day injury expected to last one week.
Sheltown Shockers: 2B T. Benbow was injured while running the bases. The Diagnosis: strained rib cage muscle. He's expected to miss about 2 weeks.
Sheltown Shockers: 3B B. Gonzáles was injured while throwing the ball. The Diagnosis: bone chips (elbow). He's expected to miss about 5 weeks.

Las Vegas Gamblers: 2B A. Thompson is ill. The Diagnosis: food poisoning. He's expected to miss about 3 days.
Hartford Whalers: SP J. Fowler was injured while pitching. The Diagnosis: torn labrum (Shoulder). He's expected to miss about 4 months.
New York Launch: SP F. Salazar was injured while pitching. The Diagnosis: torn elbow ligament. He's expected to miss about 10 months.

Carolina Spartans: 1B M. Hughes was injured while running the bases. The Diagnosis: strained medial collateral ligament. He's expected to miss about 5-6 weeks.
Washington Stars: 2B S. Wright was injured being hit by a pitch. The Diagnosis: bruised hip. This is a day-to-day injury expected to last 3 days.
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

trendon wrote:League file up
Last sim incoming
Website two sims behind

NOTES

* About 28 games remaining!

* Milwaukee has eliminated Akron from the S-A playoffs, so someone else will finally get a chance to win the fucking thing! Will it be Lakeland, who was on the short end of the past two Short A Championships? They currently lead Milwaukee 1-0.

* The Single A playoffs have begun. Defending champs Muncie at the '12 champs Miami Beach and Colquitt at Kentucky

* AA playoffs have begun, as well. Chula Vista/St. Petersburg and Bradenton/Connecticut in the EDL and Beverly Hills/Lafayette and Harrisburg/Sioux Falls in the WDL

* The AAA playoffs have yet to start but the teams are set: Daytona, Austin, Columbus, and Greenwood. Does Albany have a team in every playoff?!
Not sure, but I do!!!
ImageImageImageImage
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

Playoff Race breakdown

AL North

Philadelphia overtakes Toronto; leads by two games. Both have significant leads in the wild card so both of these two will be going to the playoffs.

AL South

Port Orange still six games up on Carolina

AL Wild Card

New England's 1-6 week puts them six off of Carolina; New York is one game back of Carolina for the final spot.

PL North

Albany and Sioux City continue to battle for the division and the best record in baseball with Vegas four games back.

PL South

Steel City and NorCal are separated by one game and that is key because ...

Wild Card

... the loser of that race is not going to the playoffs as Vegas has an eight game cushion for the final spot.
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

Three-game series unless otherwise indicated

Easiest Schedule: Las Vegas, Sioux City, Toronto (10 games vs. winning teams)
Most Home Games: Sioux City (19)
Least Home Games: Toronto (6)

Philadelphia Schedule

Games Remaining: 25
Home/Away: 9
Vs. Winning Teams: 12

at Port Orange (2)
vs Miami
at Albany (2)
at Chicago (2)
vs Toronto
at Washington (2)
at Carolina (2)
at Hartford
vs Sheltown
at New York

Toronto Schedule

Home/Away: 6
Vs. Winning Teams: 10

at Sheltown (2)
vs Port Orange
at Chicago (2)
at Las Vegas (2)
at Philadelphia
at Carolina (2)
at Miami (2)
vs New England
at Hartford
at Washington

Carolina Schedule

Home/Away: 12
Vs. Winning Teams: 14

vs New England (2)
at New York
at NorCal (2)
at Steel City (2)
vs Port Orange
vs Toronto (2)
vs Philadelphia (2)
at Sheltown
at Washington
vs Miami

New York Schedule

Home/Away: 15
Vs. Winning Teams: 13

at Miami (2)
vs Carolina
at Sioux City (2)
at Albany (2)
vs Hartford
at Sheltown (2)
at Washington (2)
vs Port Orange
vs New England
vs Philadelphia

Albany Schedule

Home/Away: 16
Vs. Winning Teams: 15

vs Texas (2)
at Steel City
vs Philadelphia (2)
vs New York (2)
vs Las Vegas
vs Denver (2)
vs NorCal (2)
at Seattle
at Sioux City
vs Chicago

Sioux City Schedule

Home/Away: 19

vs Steel City (2)
at NorCal
vs New York (2)
vs New England (2)
vs Seattle
vs Concordia (2)
vs Denver (2)
at Chicago
vs Albany
vs Texas

Las Vegas Schedule

Home/Away: 10

vs Denver (2)
at Concordia
vs Hartford (2)
vs Toronto (2)
at Albany
vs Steel City (2)
vs Texas (2)
at NorCal
at Chicago
at Seattle

NorCal Schedule

Home/Away: 13
Vs. Winning Teams: 13

at Seattle (2)
vs Sioux City
vs Carolina (2)
vs Washington (2)
vs Concordia
at Chicago (2)
at Albany (2)
vs Las Vegas
at Denver
at Steel City

Steel City Schedule

Home/Away: 16
Vs. Winning Teams: 12

at Sioux City (2)
vs Albany
vs Miami (2)
vs Carolina (2)
vs Texas
at Las Vegas (2)
at Chicago (2)
at Concordia
vs Seattle
vs NorCal
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

New York needs to match the Knicks play right now as injuries are finally taking a toll
steelcitychaos
Reactions:

Post by steelcitychaos »

steel city and norcal could could come down to the last season series of the season
Baker
Reactions:

Post by Baker »

Last sim incoming
Website two sims behind

Does Albany have a team in every playoff?!
Yes, we do or did! Akron gets taken down in SA.

Now someone get Dr. Tom back to take over his team, Sioux City. He abandons them, now they got the best record in the NDBL? WTH?
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

Baker wrote:
Last sim incoming
Website two sims behind

Does Albany have a team in every playoff?!
Yes, we do or did! Akron gets taken down in SA.

Now someone get Dr. Tom back to take over his team, Sioux City. He abandons them, now they got the best record in the NDBL? WTH?
Must've had the talent but not the leadership lol
ImageImageImageImage
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

I definitely do not consider an 8 game lead safe.

Last season my team only lost three or four games in September and rolled off a 10+ game win streak if I recall (or something close to that) in order to get into the playoffs.

I'm just waiting to see if Dirk Jones is ready to come back after this sim or next (1-2 weeks remaining on injury).

So sim Wednesday night and I should be able to set my team after that.

I'm out Thursday morning through Sunday afternoon, but I should be home Sunday in time to set my lineup after the Friday sim. What time will the Sunday sim be? I should be home around 4 or 5 pm EST on Sunday. Could we sim after that?

Return to “Old OOTP Baseball”