2k11 basics/tips

This is the place for all Basketball games played in the NDL.
dealer4014
Reactions:

Re: 2k11 basics/tips

Post by dealer4014 »

Steamrollr22 wrote:I could be wrong but I thought you hit R1 then the button of the guy you want to control....run him wherever you want and hit X i believe.
this is right...just hit R1, then if you want the shooting guard hit "o" then the x button and it will pass to that guy
nightwing_v6
Reactions:

Post by nightwing_v6 »

Try holding either L1 or L2 when shooting close. I think it shoots a little faster are higher so you can't get the shot blocked.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Kegr8er wrote:*waits to schedule Cnasty as last game of regular season*

:lol:
Im going to beat you by 35 and get kicked out of the NDL!!!
tball275
Reactions:

Post by tball275 »

Here's a question - I was absolutely getting throttled in a ranked online game by some random opponent last night. I couldn't stop his PG from driving (he had Wall). But I liked what he was doing in the lane, however, i couldn't figure out to do it.

When driving in the lane, I would step up with a low post help defender and he would immediately do a side-saddle jump stop into a layup right around the side of my post. Any ideas how to pull this off? It looked slick.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Triangle does a hop step. If u do that and immediately hold the shot stick, your player will do the move and go up for the shot all in one motion.
tball275
Reactions:

Post by tball275 »

shel311 wrote:Triangle does a hop step. If u do that and immediately hold the shot stick, your player will do the move and go up for the shot all in one motion.
Guess I'll need to change my controller config back to default.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Yea I tried to change my configuration also but quickly went back to default.

The hop step button is one of the most important on offense. Another for using it on the perimeter, it does a good job of creating space for jumpers. Best part is different guys have different moves.

Example, if I'm 15 feet out with chris Paul and press triangle he may do a couple of quick dribbles then step back for a jumper. Do the same thing in the same spot with Kobe and just pressing triangle one time u may see Kobe put his back to the defender, fake one way, then spend the other way looking for the turnaround J. And if u quickly press square or shot stick all in one motion, it's just some sweet moves to create space and take fairly high percentage shots, relatively speaking.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

shel311 wrote:The hop step button is one of the most important on offense.
Im getting so frustrated with this game and its my own doing.

I do not have the finger dexterity and memory to remember when to go L2, when to triangle, when to R2, where on the floor, get the timing right, make sure Im in a good position.

I just really suck and each posession down is an adventure.

I find myself using square on jumpers, R analog on in close and Im all over the place. I tried to go into the post moves practice and I sucked there too.

I just suck very bad and realized I am not good enough to take the Clippers and Bobcats and expect to win. :lol:
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

great thread boys....cant wait to dive into this game.
VeniVediV1ci
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VeniVediV1ci »

maybe it's cuz i use the kings, but I definitely turned it over 40 times and the Bulls had 35 steals.

I lost by 100-89 @LAC and that was by far my closest game since moving it to All-Star and I've settled on 11 minutes.

Time to go back to the indicator passing, but R2 fucks me cuz you think they're gonna dunk inside but they often miss if it isn't a dunk and by often i mean 100% of the time :lol:

Like the game but being a bad team and overcoming it isn't happening yet
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

Im struggling too. Just trying to get the buttons down first then moving to All Star. Been playing on Pro the last day or so.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Dave gave me some great tips yesterday and I can already see improvement.

--Set play calling to manual. Start your play calling as you dribble up the court instead of auto and waiting for the cpu. I found this helped a ton and didnt even know about it.

--Shoot as quick as possible when open. I found myself pausing a second on my timing when coming off a screen or pick and roll and that allowed my opponent to get in my face. It sounds easy, but hit practice mode and work on your timing of jumpers. Also helped a ton.

--Call a play every time down, even if its just an iso or pick and roll. This at least makes your guys run around and clear up spacing instead of all the clusters that normally happen.

--Use the R1 passing. Its already been preached and I felt uncomfortable early with it but now its becoming second nature and helps a ton.

--Research your team. Know their strengths on the court and where their hot zones are. I was taking a lot of jumpers outside their maximum range even though wide open.

--L2 and the moves is huge when the shot clock is running down or tryign to clear some space to pop a jumper. The moves are sick depending on who you are doing them with and play a big part at the point.

I still suck and shouldnt be giving tips but this is just stuff I finally had time to mess with a lot during my gameathon yesterday and found my point totals going up and turnovers going down.

One more tip, dont play Dealer. Bitch doesnt miss open jumpers/3s. I need to go to his instructional class and learn about his timing. :D
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

shows how much i know. I had set the playcalling to Auto thining it was one less thing to worry about.

Good stuff Corey. I will try that stuff tomorrow when i have time to get back on. Overall im enjoying the game just frustrated at how badly i suck.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

U playing online at all Luis?

Cause I can't stop the computer at all on any level other than the easiest one. But I do decent online. So if ur only doing offline, u may be better than u think.
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

shel311 wrote:U playing online at all Luis?

Cause I can't stop the computer at all on any level other than the easiest one. But I do decent online. So if ur only doing offline, u may be better than u think.

I havent played online yet. Playing quick games with various teams just trying to learn the buttons...and more importantly learning to play off the ball. I keep wanting to switch to the guy defending the ball every other trip down.

I have also been doing the My player as well. Forces you to control one guy and really focus on defensive precense and ball movement even without the ball. its fun but frustrating.
dealer4014
Reactions:

Post by dealer4014 »

Cnasty wrote:--Research your team. Know their strengths on the court and where their hot zones are. I was taking a lot of jumpers outside their maximum range even though wide open.

One more tip, dont play Dealer. Bitch doesnt miss open jumpers/3s. I need to go to his instructional class and learn about his timing. :D
:D it has a lot to do with researching your team...i took the Hawks/Warriors into "Freestlye Practice" and just started shooting jumpers/3's and inside game with my guys...it helped out tremondously!!
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

dealer4014 wrote:
Cnasty wrote:--Research your team. Know their strengths on the court and where their hot zones are. I was taking a lot of jumpers outside their maximum range even though wide open.

:D it has a lot to do with researching your team...i took the Hawks/Warriors into "Freestlye Practice" and just started shooting jumpers/3's and inside game with my guys...it helped out tremondously!!

Jamal Crawford, DIAF!!!!!
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Seriously, Dealer does not miss.

I felt like whining like Seeit when I play him.

"Why does every single shot he puts up go in but I am 4 feet from the basket and mine doesnt!"
VeniVediV1ci
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VeniVediV1ci »

i played the Lakers last night on AS in the Staples Center and felt so accomplished cutting it to 9 in the 4q, which promptly sent them on a 13-0 run :lol:
vicktim7
Reactions:

Post by vicktim7 »

shel311 wrote:
dealer4014 wrote:

Jamal Crawford, DIAF!!!!!
you take that back!
QofW: Re: The Dr. Is In
Weasel wrote:
tball275 wrote: The salads I eat for lunch are all kale and spinach. It's bitter, though.
Does the smell of your own urine knock you out or what?

Return to “Basketball”