College Football 2015

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Re: College Football 2015

Post by ReignOnU »

I can't hate on Notre Dame's season and as strange as it is, I'm not mad at all about last night's game. It was a fun game to watch and both teams played their asses off. Hats off to Stanford. Great job.

10-2 for the Irish with the insane amount of injuries they had this season is a pretty impressive feat. The 2 losses both coming down to the final seconds to Clemson and Stanford. Good season and look forward to a good bowl matchup! It'd be great to see a few of the injured guys back on the field for the final game.

Oh... and let the QB controversy start once again...
PSN: ReignOnU
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

ReignOnU wrote: 10-2 for the Irish with the insane amount of injuries they had this season is a pretty impressive feat.
Cant say Ive followed terribly closely, but after losing the QB in particular early Id say it was a successful season

MSU has dealt with the injuries much better than I could have hoped. Guys that have missed games:

All B1G LB (lost for season before week 1)
NFL offensive tackle for 2 games
Lost top sub tackle for season first game in
Other starting OT for 3 games while NFL OT was out
NFL Center for 3 games
All B1G safety (season ending week 5)
Top CB (season ending week 2)
NFL QB for biggest game of season
Top RB for 2-3 weeks

I know every team has injuries, but this team has dealt with more than I can remember. At one point in the season I was on call over the weekend, and I was working cases, one of which was a player from the game. Finished the case, and when I go in to see the next patient it happened to be a starter for the team. I was busy working so I wasnt watching the game and didnt know who got injured. My first words to him were "damn, you too?!"
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Mark Richt is apparently now available for any teams looking for a new coach

http://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal ... pping-down
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Bummer, Richt is a really, really good person
autiger730
Reactions:

Post by autiger730 »

shel311 wrote:Image

:lol:
PSN & 360: AUTiger730
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Richt with Miami ties as well

Wouldn't be my first choice but wouldn't be mad at him.
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

USC playing in the Pac-12 title game is funny to me, and scary enough, they match up very, very well with Stanford. Plus they will have a sober HC calling the plays. Would be awesome to get back to the Rose Bowl and play MSU or Iowa.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

packsyd2284 wrote:USC playing in the Pac-12 title game is funny to me, and scary enough, they match up very, very well with Stanford. Plus they will have a sober HC calling the plays. Would be awesome to get back to the Rose Bowl and play MSU or Iowa.
I would say Ohio State is a lock for the Rose Bowl.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Haven't looked at the rankings, is MSU a lock to get into the top 4 if they win?
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

i think Ohio State is going to another bowl. winner of Iowa-MSU goes to playoffs, loser goes to Rose, Ohio State goes to bcs bowl as at large.

there are wayyyyy too many bowls and it makes no sense to have meaningless shit bowls after the BCS ones :s
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

shel311 wrote:Haven't looked at the rankings, is MSU a lock to get into the top 4 if they win?
yeah. I think they were #5. Iowa/Michigan State winner is a lock to be in there. Oklahoma is in. Clemson and Alabama in with wins.
Who gets in if either loses though will be interesting. 1 loss Ohio State, 1 loss shitty UNC (but with a win over Clemson), 2 loss Stanford (if they win the Pac 12) would be the teams in the mix.
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

I don't know why you call UNC shitty. They lost their first game and have won every one since. The only marquee win would be Clemson but they have been man handling every team they've played lately. They can play with anybody right now.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

OracleHCR wrote:I don't know why you call UNC shitty. They lost their first game and have won every one since. The only marquee win would be Clemson but they have been man handling every team they've played lately. They can play with anybody right now.
They are extremely talented and can put up a ton of points. Defense is a little weak but I still give them a good chance against Clemson.

Beat the #1 team in the country, win the ACC, and I think they should be mentioned.
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

Especially when the other two teams in the conversation consist of one that didn't win their conference and the other has two losses.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

OracleHCR wrote:Especially when the other two teams in the conversation consist of one that didn't win their conference and the other has two losses.
well UNC played a much easier schedule than the other two. We will see how the committee ranks them as Stanford would have 8 quality wins, While UNC would have 4
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

Stanford would still have two losses. A lot should have to happen for a two loss team to be considered jumping a one loss team that just beat the number one team and won a power five conference. I'm not saying UNC should be in. I don't have a dog in the hunt and I am looking at it objectively. I would love for OSU to be able to defend their title but they didn't win their conference. That should be a prerequisite for playing for the national title. I'd like to see both Alabama and Clemson lose just to throw things into complete chaos.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

OracleHCR wrote:Stanford would still have two losses. A lot should have to happen for a two loss team to be considered jumping a one loss team that just beat the number one team and won a power five conference. I'm not saying UNC should be in. I don't have a dog in the hunt and I am looking at it objectively. I would love for OSU to be able to defend their title but they didn't win their conference. That should be a prerequisite for playing for the national title. I'd like to see both Alabama and Clemson lose just to throw things into complete chaos.
I don't think both will send it into Chaos. UNC is in and either Stanford (which they can justify by winning their conference) or Ohio State (which they can justify by not losing twice). If just 1 loses. that will make a lot of debate.

I also don't care who is in.
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

Yeah. You're probably right about the chaos. I'd still like to see Alabama lose. :twisted:
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

Best analogy for the UGA situation that I've seen so far: Mark Richt is that girl who is an 8 that you break up with because you think you can get a 10. Then you end up with a 4 and everybody is after Richt because hey, he's an 8.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I'd love Miami to get Richt. Maryland is going hard after him.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”