Out of the Park Baseball League

Moderators: Cnasty, Ry, nick

shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: 2018 Offseason

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote: was going by waiver wires in fantasy baseball leagues where you drop when you get a pick. :lol:
Funny you say that, when I told you I was reading about MLB waiver wire rules in real life, one of the very 1st things it said on that site was that it was NOT like fantasty baseball. :lol:
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Uuaww wrote:
Cnasty wrote:Good idea since you wont be doing any "crushing" on the imaginary field!
Thunder Crabs will have a better record than the Marlins.
Guys like Plasma, Trendon, and AJ must think it's real cute to see WASH, MIA, and SHT shit talking each other every single offseason. :lol:
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

shel311 wrote:
Uuaww wrote:
Cnasty wrote:But is it for the whole season or just the offseason is that way and then it resorts to worst records?

For instance, Shel claimed 2 guys this past sim in our league when I know more than one guy claimed them and he got them both.

Im not sure the rules on that but it doesnt seem right.
no, it is right. He gets both until he stops sucking and gets better.

Once he stops being the worst team, then he finally moves up. That's why it makes sense, you continue to get 1st priority until you win.
So, what's the deal with the subleague thing?
We have two subleagues, AL and PL. I am guessing in MLB they want to keep players in their respective leagues at all costs with all the different rules and with pitchers and whatnot. So they keep them seperate. We have adopted those rules with our league here even though there is little variation between our leagues.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

:lol: its all we got!!

we aint winning any titles any time soon, let alone divisions.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

shel311 wrote:
Uuaww wrote:
Cnasty wrote:Good idea since you wont be doing any "crushing" on the imaginary field!
Guys like Plasma, Trendon, and AJ must think it's real cute to see WASH, MIA, and SHT shit talking each other every single offseason. :lol:
you do realize that the 3 letter code for your team you just gave yourself is SHIT.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Uuaww wrote:
shel311 wrote:
Uuaww wrote:
you do realize that the 3 letter code for your team you just gave yourself is SHIT.
No, it's SHT. :lol:

I rotate between SHT and SHL, depends on how I'm feeling. Though I am about to go for my morning bathroom break. You may have a point there.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

I mean, my team name has been called what would be the most horrifying STD imaginable.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Was it a mistake that the AL ended up with both expansion teams? AL 14, PL 12?
PSN: ReignOnU
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

ReignOnU wrote:Was it a mistake that the AL ended up with both expansion teams? AL 14, PL 12?
no, it had to be that way so we wouldn't have interleague all the time. Also we will probably get more guys next season and they will both go to the PL
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

Uuaww wrote:
ReignOnU wrote:Was it a mistake that the AL ended up with both expansion teams? AL 14, PL 12?
no, it had to be that way so we wouldn't have interleague all the time. Also we will probably get more guys next season and they will both go to the PL
We are not expanding for a while. I can't handle this shit, LOL. I have been driven straight off of IM.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

trendon wrote:
Uuaww wrote:
We are not expanding for a while. I can't handle this shit, LOL. I have been driven straight off of IM.
I can't even begin to imagine... OOTP is srz bzns!
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

trendon wrote:
Uuaww wrote:
if you need a few days to relax... go ahead :lol:
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Uuaww wrote:
trendon wrote:
Uuaww wrote:
if you need a few days to relax... go ahead :lol:

Yeah, definitely... I've got a kid due 7/26... feel free to take off 7/25 - 7/27. :mrgreen:
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

ReignOnU wrote:Yeah, definitely... I've got a kid due 7/26... feel free to take off 7/25 - 7/27. :mrgreen:
I hope you have an ipad with Logmein!

Has saved my sanity with some OOTP at 4 in the morning. :D
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:
ReignOnU wrote:Yeah, definitely... I've got a kid due 7/26... feel free to take off 7/25 - 7/27. :mrgreen:
I hope you have an ipad with Logmein!

Has saved my sanity with some OOTP at 4 in the morning. :D
I need you to get back to work so I can check out that Iphone app, see if it's worth $30 for me.

Going through Logmein on my phone is pretty crappy, so I don't wanna drop $30 if it's virtually the same with the app.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Working on it... got $750 set aside right now, but I can't decide what I want to buy (ipad/android tablet/ultrabook). I have a personal grudge against Apple due to 10yrs of working with them as a vendor.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Did we have issues with transactions occuring with rosters out of the blue?

I have 8 guys that were placed on my ML roster and I dont have the settings to the computer doing promotions and demotions?

Now Im going to demote them again and piss them off. What happened here?
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

ReignOnU wrote:Working on it... got $750 set aside right now, but I can't decide what I want to buy (ipad/android tablet/ultrabook). I have a personal grudge against Apple due to 10yrs of working with them as a vendor.
It just works.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:Did we have issues with transactions occuring with rosters out of the blue?

I have 8 guys that were placed on my ML roster and I dont have the settings to the computer doing promotions and demotions?

Now Im going to demote them again and piss them off. What happened here?
This happens every preseason, where the computer randomly fills up your active roster to get young guys in preseason.

Unfortunately, there is nothing Trendon can do about it.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

shel311 wrote:This happens every preseason, where the computer randomly fills up your active roster to get young guys in preseason.

Unfortunately, there is nothing Trendon can do about it.
I swear I learn something new every single season. :lol:

Return to “Old OOTP Baseball”