Transactions (Season 2)

This is the place for all Basketball games played in the NDL.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Re: Transactions (Season 2)

Post by DRiccio21 »

The_Niddler wrote:Trade rumors are confirmed...

The Wizards get:
SF 96 LeBron James
PG 69 Jarrett Jack
PF 64 Samardo Samuels
C 71 Samuel Dalembert

The Cavs get:
SG 87 Andre Igoudala
PG 71 Mike Bibby
SG 71 Courtney Lee
C 75 Greg Oden
trade committee might be called upon for this trade. thats a really bad trade, awful
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

DRiccio21 wrote:
The_Niddler wrote:Trade rumors are confirmed...

The Wizards get:
SF 96 LeBron James
PG 69 Jarrett Jack
PF 64 Samardo Samuels
C 71 Samuel Dalembert

The Cavs get:
SG 87 Andre Igoudala
PG 71 Mike Bibby
SG 71 Courtney Lee
C 75 Greg Oden
trade committee might be called upon for this trade. thats a really bad trade, awful
I know overall rating is not everything, but if you look at it, he gave up 304 points, I gave up 300.
Just let me know what the decision is though.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

the difference between guys like jack and bibby and then dalembert and oden don't merit the difference between LeBron and Iggy, IMO.

i'll listen to the reactions before making any decisions or asking for a vote.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

i hate being the guy to cockblock trades, but when you have to put 4 guys together to "even" things out, then....
plasma1896
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by plasma1896 »

why would you keep lebron as a keeper if you really wouldnt want him? iggy for lebron is what it comes down to,and i think its a bad trade.
Daw1git
Reactions:

Post by Daw1git »

basically 4 starters for lebron james and Dalembert really cause them other 2 won't be a big enough factor i see no problem
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

Daw1git wrote:basically 4 starters for lebron james and Dalembert really cause them other 2 won't be a big enough factor i see no problem
how is there any difference between J. Jack/M. Bibby or Oden/Dalembert?

i hate to be the cock block, especially cause i like self-policing things. but its a pretty terrible trade
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

DRiccio21 wrote:
Daw1git wrote:basically 4 starters for lebron james and Dalembert really cause them other 2 won't be a big enough factor i see no problem
how is there any difference between J. Jack and M. Bibby?

none

there is zero chance of Dawg voting against a VT trade.....simple as that :)

i really dont care if the trade goes through. I dont think it is a "good one" for niddler, but whatever.

this a a superstar/starters game online. Almost all the bench guys are identical unless they have a particular skill which none of the other 6 in that trade really have. therefore its iggy for james.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

I see everyone's point.
And if I am reading and understanding everything right, you guys are saying it is a bad trade for me.
I was initially thinking you were saying it for VT.

I looked at it as this...

In Iggy, I am getting a darn good player for giving up LBJ.
Then, the other players help me out as far as my bench. They give me more strength on my bench and help me out specifically with my backup SG.

The Bibby for Jarrett Jack, that is just personal as there isn't much difference between those 2 players, I just like Bibby more personally.

And the same thing with Oden. Dalembert is a good backup C for me. I just like Oden. He was a Buckeye.

I was not adding in 4 players to make it even, I was adding those 2 players in cause I am fans of them personally.
And for the record, I offered this trade to VT. All he did was send me a PM stating he was interested in LBJ.
I replied telling him I will look at his team and see if we can make something happen.

The SG Courtney Lee for PF Samardo Samuels, Samuels is on my Bench, not a backup, but my bench.
Getting someone like Lee, allows me to use him as my backup SG and put PG/SG 61 Rated Daniel "Booby" Gibson on my bench instead of him being my backup SG.

So to me, that is why I included those players.
And when I look at the actual ratings of Iggy compared to LeBron, they are not much different at all.

Again, I am ok with whatever decision is made.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

fair enough.

if you want to make the deal, you understand what we're saying and you like it then i'm not going to stop it.

front page is updated
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

DRiccio21 wrote:fair enough.
if you want to make the deal, you understand what we're saying and you like it then i'm not going to stop it.
front page is updated
Thanks, I asked VT to post here stating that he verifies it just to stay consistant.

And the other reason is, as Buckeye called me a trader for getting LBJ last season, it is hard to play with him after what he did to us in Cleveland! :D
plasma1896
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by plasma1896 »

The_Niddler wrote: And the other reason is, as Buckeye called me a trader for getting LBJ last season, it is hard to play with him after what he did to us in Cleveland! :D

yeah i dont blame you for trading him if your from cleveland. but why would you keep him in the 1st place if you had those feelings?
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

plasma1896 wrote:yeah i dont blame you for trading him if your from cleveland. but why would you keep him in the 1st place if you had those feelings?
I kept him because I knew at pick #10, I would not be able to get a player of his caliber. So initially, I had every intention of playing with him.

But then I figured, what the hell, it is a for fun league for me. After last season, I obviously don't have the skills to hang with someone like Hugme, so I might as well get guys I like and play with them.
And I had an opportunity to get Derrick Rose from Doc for him, but that trade didn't help out my team at all. Nothing against Doc, just not a good fit for us and my playing style.

I am still hoping that I don't regret making the trade. I am thinking that the best thing to do would have been to just keep the team I drafted and play a few games with them and see what happens.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Giving up the most dominant player in the game and upgrading nowhere really.....I'm with Dave and AJ but it's your guys' call.

Meanwhile, the police are looking to indict Chase for grand larceny ;)

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

jsence2 wrote:Giving up the most dominant player in the game and upgrading nowhere really.....I'm with Dave and AJ but it's your guys' call.
This coming from you...who wanted James and wasn't really upgrading me in any way either.

Don't worry about replying with 27 lines of why you feel it would have been a good trade. We all have our reason for doing what we do.
I stated mine already.

With your trade, I would have been getting an 84 SF in return for James and upgrading my SG from a 76 to an 82.
You don't have to like what I did and most I know, won't agree....but that is ok. I am a big boy, I can take it! :D
plasma1896
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by plasma1896 »

im cool with whatever you guys decide. i am a big chauncey billups fan,and i enjoy playing with him on the game,and wouldnt trade him for lebron just because i am a fan of billups. so each owner has a certain spot for a certain player is understandable. im not trying to bust your balls nidler,im cool with whatever the league decide.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

league has already decided the trade will stand.

its a horrible trade, going to make VT much better but if Niddler proposed it and he understands how bad the offer is and still wants to do it then i'm not going to stop him
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

The_Niddler wrote:
jsence2 wrote:Giving up the most dominant player in the game and upgrading nowhere really.....I'm with Dave and AJ but it's your guys' call.
This coming from you...who wanted James and wasn't really upgrading me in any way either.

Don't worry about replying with 27 lines of why you feel it would have been a good trade. We all have our reason for doing what we do.
I stated mine already.

With your trade, I would have been getting an 84 SF in return for James and upgrading my SG from a 76 to an 82.
You don't have to like what I did and most I know, won't agree....but that is ok. I am a big boy, I can take it! :D

I'm the one who decided that I didn't want to do it because I didn't want to give up Curry (btw it's more than just ratings....you'll understand when you see how looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong it takes Matthews to get off his shot). I'll let Shel tell you how much better he is than his 82 rating :D

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

plasma1896 wrote:im cool with whatever you guys decide. i am a big chauncey billups fan,and i enjoy playing with him on the game,and wouldnt trade him for lebron just because i am a fan of billups. so each owner has a certain spot for a certain player is understandable. im not trying to bust your balls nidler,im cool with whatever the league decide.
I never took it that way plasma...

When I had LeBron last season, I didn't play well with him.
It was like, since I had him, I felt like I had to force the ball to him to keep him involved.

But as you said, to each their own.

I appreciate everyone's concern for me and again, If for some reason AJ or someone talks to Dave and decides that the trade cannot go through, I am cool with whatever.
I am not going to turn this into some big deal. If Dave (Stern) is ok with it, I am too. If not, I will accept that and go on about my business playing games...whenever the damn network comes back up that is. :lol:
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

jsence2 wrote:I'm the one who decided that I didn't want to do it because I didn't want to give up Curry (btw it's more than just ratings....you'll understand when you see how looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong it takes Matthews to get off his shot). I'll let Shel tell you how much better he is than his 82 rating :D
It is no disrespect to you jsence and I completely understand that some guys play better or worse than their ratings.
I have played with Matthews and I know his shot is a challenge to get use to.

Again, I mean no disrespect to anyone about this.

Return to “Basketball”