NDLH Season 2 info

This is the place for all Basketball games played in the NDL.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

NDLH Season 2 info

Post by DRiccio21 »

As we come to a close in NDL Hoops season 1 i wanted to post some info about season 2.

-- Only teams that have completed 30 games will be eligible to play in season 2 (reminder, Season 1 ends April 11th)
-- There will be some sort of 'keeper' aspect to season 2. Right now the thoughts have been: a)to make a salary cap (say 20 mil) and you can keep as many players on your current team as you choose that fit into the 20 mil limit (based off of 2010-2011 NBA salaries). b)give each team 2 keepers but make them lose the pick they selected their keeper in for the following draft. this is not finalizd, just some thoughts that have been tossed around.
-- We will discuss settings changes going forward
-- We'll likely keep the same cities so players can be easily identified by their NBA team rather then taking half the season to figure out that AJ moved from Orlando to Detroit, etc.

This game is awesome, mostly everyone has gone above and beyond in terms of my expectations on activity and i've had at least 2/3 of the league ask me to run another season. i only want the active guys to be involved so if you're struggling now, please pick it up if you want to be eligible for the next season.
JohnnyP
Reactions:

Re: NDLH Season 2 info

Post by JohnnyP »

good stuff dave
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Put me on the wait list... I'm in need of more NBA 2K action! NDL D isn't nearly enough.
PSN: ReignOnU
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

okay.

as long as you get good reviews from Jeff and he shows me that you've been active then all the D league guys will be in the next season
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

That's what I'm talking about!
PSN: ReignOnU
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

ReignOnU wrote:That's what I'm talking about!
well... i take that back.

there is no guarantee, i'm just assuming there will be room with guys not reaching 30 games.

if all the guys reach 30 then it's a wait list still.

i think you'll be fine tho.
doc
Reactions:

Post by doc »

I think the salary cap is an awesome idea
JohnnyP
Reactions:

Post by JohnnyP »

agree with doc
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

As do I; some people have made trades and have players from the same round, so that would create issues.

It also would mean that top notch players like LeBron, Kobe, etc would cost more to keep, just as it should.

Then for the draft, we could incorporate the "round" thing; if you keep 5 players, then you lose the draft pick for that round (if you have two in a round, like two from the 2nd round, then you lose your 3rd rd pick too). Otherwise people who keep a top player who eats up almost all of their cap would still need 10-11 players and thus would need to draft every round, and if they don't lose that first round pick they'd get two stars.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

jsence2 wrote:As do I; some people have made trades and have players from the same round, so that would create issues.

It also would mean that top notch players like LeBron, Kobe, etc would cost more to keep, just as it should.

Then for the draft, we could incorporate the "round" thing; if you keep 5 players, then you lose the draft pick for that round (if you have two in a round, like two from the 2nd round, then you lose your 3rd rd pick too). Otherwise people who keep a top player who eats up almost all of their cap would still need 10-11 players and thus would need to draft every round, and if they don't lose that first round pick they'd get two stars.
if we use the salary cap idea we'd still incorporate the loss of draft pick based on the round taken. if 2 guys were taken the same round then you'd just lose the next round

for example -- Lebron costs 14.5 mil and you lose your 1st round pick. that leaves you with 5.5 mil left to spend on the rest of your keepers.
jeffdaddy
Reactions:

Post by jeffdaddy »

Love the salary cap idea...love it!
Toro
Reactions:

Post by Toro »

DRiccio21 wrote: for example -- Lebron costs 14.5 mil and you lose your 1st round pick. that leaves you with 5.5 mil left to spend on the rest of your keepers.

If we go with a cap, how would we determine their salaries? real life?
Last edited by Toro on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Email or PM is the FASTEST way to reach me.
VeniVediV1ci
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VeniVediV1ci »

f my high priced players, i just want to keep jason richardson
Toro
Reactions:

Post by Toro »

I just want a win... :D
JohnnyP
Reactions:

Post by JohnnyP »

Toro wrote:I just want a win... :D

you will probably get one vs me
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

Toro wrote:
DRiccio21 wrote: for example -- Lebron costs 14.5 mil and you lose your 1st round pick. that leaves you with 5.5 mil left to spend on the rest of your keepers.

If we go with a cap, how would we determine their salaries? real life?
read the original post.

and get to 30 games or it doesn't matter :D
Toro
Reactions:

Post by Toro »

trying to work and read the boards...I am going to really try to hit 30...I don't want the boot, even though I am 0-23.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

http://www.sportscity.com/NBA-Salaries/

Great site for getting the NBA salaries....question Dave--what will you do for players who are FAs in real life, league minimum?
Last edited by jsence2 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

DRiccio21 wrote:
jsence2 wrote:As do I; some people have made trades and have players from the same round, so that would create issues.

if we use the salary cap idea we'd still incorporate the loss of draft pick based on the round taken. if 2 guys were taken the same round then you'd just lose the next round

for example -- Lebron costs 14.5 mil and you lose your 1st round pick. that leaves you with 5.5 mil left to spend on the rest of your keepers.

I like the cap idea, but that would have been good to know before we did trades this season.
It is what it is and I am sure it will all work out in the end, but again, would have been nice to know. I may not have traded for LeBron then honestly.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

The_Niddler wrote:
DRiccio21 wrote:

I like the cap idea, but that would have been good to know before we did trades this season.
It is what it is and I am sure it will all work out in the end, but again, would have been nice to know. I may not have traded for LeBron then honestly.

But if you keep Lebron, you'll only probably keep one other player, so you'll get a lot of draft picks, and you'll have a big piece to trade to someone. There's lots of ways for guys to go here.

Return to “Basketball”