NDLH Season 2 info

This is the place for all Basketball games played in the NDL.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: NDLH Season 2 info

Post by ajalves »

ReignOnU wrote:You can succeed with the 1-3-1, but there is a fatal flaw with the rotation design and position setup in the game, so you have to work around it. I actually use it as my primary D and M2M as my secondary. Both 2-3/3-2 get torched and it is actually pretty easy to drive with the SF/SG.
anyzone is easy to kill in the game with just a "decent" couple shooters
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

if you're not switching defenders you're going to be burned no matter what you play.

playing off the ball/just one defensive player works as a starting point but until you learn how to switch off and help or rotate manually you'll always be a step behind no matter if you're in man/zone. zone is brutal tho, i'd never play it.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

DRiccio21 wrote:if you're not switching defenders you're going to be burned no matter what you play.

playing off the ball/just one defensive player works as a starting point but until you learn how to switch off and help or rotate manually you'll always be a step behind no matter if you're in man/zone. zone is brutal tho, i'd never play it.
to add to this, once you do learn how to do it then you'll see how bad most guys are offensively. most guys offensively are used to the defender playing 1 guy so they are very lackadaisical about their passing/offense... once you play a guy who can play as multiple defenders it'll change your outlook on the game.

i know playing guys like Shel, AJ, Hugme are always UGLY games for me because both sides of the ball are a war just get a good look. in other games i could literally get an open jumper everytime if i wanted to
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ReignOnU wrote:Both 2-3/3-2 get torched and it is actually pretty easy to drive with the SF/SG.
This. Not sure why guys are saying it's impossible to drive.

The same way you swing the ball to get the wide open 3, but instead of shooting the 3, take that wide open lane to the hole, and the bigs will rotate and you can either go up strong or dump it off to one of your bigs for easy looks.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Good to see the new Miami coach complaining as much as the old one!! :lol:

Dave and shel are correct about the d. If you cant manually get it down to switch every single time the ball moves, you are f'd. That's why i sucked so bad as my CPU guys would watch the guys become wide open and I'd switch to late because i sucked.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Wish I could get into the league to play some of you and see what the difference is like. I have no trouble smoking lobby guys online and in the D league, there's Harder and there's everyone else.
PSN: ReignOnU
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

ReignOnU wrote:Wish I could get into the league to play some of you and see what the difference is like. I have no trouble smoking lobby guys online and in the D league, there's Harder and there's everyone else.

just scrim with your made up team....pretty simple
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Made up team?
PSN: ReignOnU
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

ReignOnU wrote:Made up team?
oh, i guess you're not in the league.

anytime you want to scrim with NBA teams, let me know....you're welcome to play 1-3-1 all game :D
VTrunNgun
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VTrunNgun »

Teams: I'm all for keeping coaches in their respective cities unless they want to relocate. We've had some new guys join throughout the season, so it could be just like Football where new guys have to give up their teams. I love the city of Washington but wouldn't mind changing locales if the jersey's look fresh enough 8-)

Schedule: I would say this process needs a facelift as match ups between East & West are really imbalanced. There are teams within your own division that you only play once, yet you have games scheduled out of conference twice? Why do I play Charlotte twice but only play Atlanta, Orlando, & Miami once? Looking at playoff seedings, I'm sure the picture would look a lot different if we actually played more Divisional & Conference games - for both East & West.

Draft: Lets not over-complicate this whole process. A lot of trades have gone down this year, including those between Coaches that are no longer apart of the league. That being said, a "Keeper" league could be fun, but I don't see a fair scenario since that wasn't communicated at the beginning of Season 1.

Scenarios - Houston has Tim Duncan & Yao Ming (both original 1st Rd picks), so could he opt to 'keep' them both & lose two 1st picks? That doesn't make sense & its simply messy b/c their are cases of that throughout the league from top to both, whether it be Rd 1 or Rd 12.

That being said, I think a straight up "Salary" cap could be interesting as it forces everyone to build their teams on a level playing field. We could establish a baseline number like $55 million (team salary cap was $58M this year), then use salaries from any site such as http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm then see where everyone stands at the end of the year. We could enforce a league min for salaries like 3 million or whatever...
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

What about using player ratings as opposed to salaries?
VTrunNgun
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VTrunNgun »

shel311 wrote:What about using player ratings as opposed to salaries?
Good point - That could simplify things even more.

Only argument I could see there would be which rating do you use? Beginning or End of the 'real life' season? Since these have been changing all year
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

thanks for your input.

20 mil for keepers is likely the way we're going.
-- we'll find a site that has accurate contracts and we'll use the avg amount per year over the life of a players contract.

- if he kept Yao that would be 17 mil out of the 20 mil and he'd lose his 1st round pick. far from any huge advantage... he wouldn't be able to keep Duncan as well, he would only have under 3 mil left to spend.
- the schedules i had no control over... the divisions weren't set up til after i generated schedules so i'm sure that had a big impact. after doing that long draft, the last thing i'm worried about is a balanced schedule... i'm interested in not fucking up 5 days worth of drafting.
- guys are staying in their same cities for simplicity purposes
- you said you don't want to 'overcomplicate things' then you suggest a salary cap for the whole league... not happening.
- i thought about using ratings rather than salaries but then i thought it wouldn't make a big enough differentiation between a guy like Lebron and say an 80 rated guy. if the cap number was 200 ratings points, you'd likely only be able to keep 2 players regardless
dealer4014
Reactions:

Post by dealer4014 »

- the 20 mil i think for keeping players is a good idea
- wish we could change cities, need out of OKC (only because I only have 2 jersey choices!!!)
- my only question really, is how are we going to determine the draft order for next year. 1) is it going to be just random 2) is it going to be like the NBA, the teams that don't make the playoffs have a chance of being 1-14 3) just based on overall record during the season
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

No switching cities unless I can take my slutty cheerleaders with me. I don't care what you do. I'm enjoying the league despite my utter suckiness.
Daw1git
Reactions:

Post by Daw1git »

I would like to have more than 4 moves or atleast don't count free agents signs and drops as a move unless the player is like over 70 overall....I think just having that trade deadline is enough
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

Daw1git wrote:I would like to have more than 4 moves or atleast don't count free agents signs and drops as a move unless the player is like over 70 overall....I think just having that trade deadline is enough
there is a good chance we're moving the transactions to 3 (with possible unlimited add/drops under 70 rated players up until trade deadline)
doc
Reactions:

Post by doc »

What about making the cap 25 million to give guys more flexability or having a Bird exemption on a player 80 or below. That way it would guarantee you keeping a big time player with a huge salary but also keeping some sort of team your used too. What about FA guys that arent on a team? How do we account for them? All just thoughts and Im down for whatever
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

complete redraft or 1 keeper... :D

i really dont care to be honest
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

doc wrote:What about making the cap 25 million to give guys more flexability or having a Bird exemption on a player 80 or below. That way it would guarantee you keeping a big time player with a huge salary but also keeping some sort of team your used too. What about FA guys that arent on a team? How do we account for them? All just thoughts and Im down for whatever
i want it to really be a decision if guys want to keep their stud or not. a guy who makes 15-17 mil is basically taking your whole salary... thats how i want it to be.

if its 25 mil then everyone can keep their stud and other players and there is no real internal debate.

FA guys will be their last year of NBA salary. current players will be avg of current contract.

Return to “Basketball”