MLB 13 The Show Official Thread

This is the place for all Baseball games played in the NDL.
nick
Reactions:

Re: MLB 13 The Show Official Thread

Post by nick »

my teams speed is a curse. i got picked off twice at first :(. gonna finish up my final 2 vs KC tonight so they can go 3-0 vs me. Dickey / MOrrow / Buehrle / Johnson / Romero is prolly gonna be my starting 5.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Sorry, I am a little confused, so we can play any game we want on our schedule at any time?

How does that work to keep the season moving along at the same speed?
Will be kind of shitty if we have guys that have played like 12 games and then guys that have played 3.

Just curious, this is my first online league in the Show and my first time playing the game in a couple years.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

Post by I_S33M_THAB33T_U »

The_Niddler wrote:Sorry, I am a little confused, so we can play any game we want on our schedule at any time?

How does that work to keep the season moving along at the same speed?
Will be kind of shitty if we have guys that have played like 12 games and then guys that have played 3.

Just curious, this is my first online league in the Show and my first time playing the game in a couple years.

Yes, U start at the 1st series and play it just like the ML would. Once you come to user gmz, Try to schedule a time between the 2 of you and get the series or a game in.

I will advance the CPU vs CPU games, Once a week. So I will keep all of the CPU teams right where we are, And yes im sure some guys will be behind others. Kinda nature of the beast. But for those who wanna play a game they can just turn it on and play vs CPU w/o having to find a opponent to play
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

lost again to KC, 6-5. Edwin, Rasmus and Lind joined the HR club but my idiocy of trying to steal got me picked off a couple times. i need to stop it lol. Josh Johnson got rockeddd 5.1 IP 12 hits just not a good day. Buehrle goes 2moro when I wake up in the final game.
kdog36
Reactions:

Post by kdog36 »

Looking to get some games under my belt this morning or early this afternoon.

playing the CPU inside the league does not show on the online record does it ? or does it?
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

kdog36 wrote:Looking to get some games under my belt this morning or early this afternoon.

playing the CPU inside the league does not show on the online record does it ? or does it?

no it doesnt, But will be tracked as a lg gm in your game history.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

nick wrote:lost again to KC, 6-5. Edwin, Rasmus and Lind joined the HR club but my idiocy of trying to steal got me picked off a couple times. i need to stop it lol. Josh Johnson got rockeddd 5.1 IP 12 hits just not a good day. Buehrle goes 2moro when I wake up in the final game.
Sounds like a good one. We need to work out a plan for our user games. I honestly don't want to play that many user games but a couple sprinkled in will be fun.

Man, when Lester went to the stretch in my game that shit was tough.
Baker
Reactions:

Post by Baker »

Reds start off the season taking the first two games at home vs. Anaheim. Game 1 winner was Mat Latos as Jared Weaver suffered the loss for the Angels. Game 2 was close, 5-4 win for Reds....Cincy will go for the sweep later today.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

I lost my first game 7-0.
I cannot hit for shit. I strike out alot. I have to learn to be much more patient as a batter.

What do you guys use for hitting?
I know square is a power swing and circle is a contact swing.
I use X sometimes too, but not sure what it is used for.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Baker wrote:Reds start off the season taking the first two games at home vs. Anaheim. Game 1 winner was Mat Latos as Jared Weaver suffered the loss for the Angels. Game 2 was close, 5-4 win for Reds....Cincy will go for the sweep later today.
How are the reds playing Anaheim the first week of the season? Or are you skipping around?
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Cnasty wrote:
Baker wrote:Reds start off the season taking the first two games at home vs. Anaheim. Game 1 winner was Mat Latos as Jared Weaver suffered the loss for the Angels. Game 2 was close, 5-4 win for Reds....Cincy will go for the sweep later today.
How are the reds playing Anaheim the first week of the season? Or are you skipping around?
New mlb is 15 teams a side. Cause of that there's always 1 interleague game playing all the time
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

No shit?

That's pretty cool. I think I need to read more about the changes this year.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

finalllyyy got ahold of Ervin Santana and the speed/power Toronto has is scary. Edwin has his 2nd HR in 3 games, Jose Bautista just hit his 1st. 6-0 in the 6th
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I'd be happy win taking one game in Yankee stadium in this set.
Baker
Reactions:

Post by Baker »

nick wrote:
Cnasty wrote:
New mlb is 15 teams a side. Cause of that there's always 1 interleague game playing all the time
Yeah, I didnt know about that new thing either...thought it was wierd I was playing the Angels the first series of the season.
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

The_Niddler wrote:I lost my first game 7-0.
I cannot hit for shit. I strike out alot. I have to learn to be much more patient as a batter.

What do you guys use for hitting?
I know square is a power swing and circle is a contact swing.
I use X sometimes too, but not sure what it is used for.

X is Normal swing, More of a mix of Contact and power.

And yea I saw Price had 19 k's in a CG. Patience defiantly is the key vs the CPU.

@ Corey, The user games are what they are, I can resolve them once someone doesnt wanna play them, But really a game online takes about 45 mins, I have Broadcast setting on, So when we play vs CPU you can skip what you wanta and watch what you want. But vs a user skip scenes causes lag, So I have found so far that if you let the very begining play out, And then at end of ing and batter walk-ups, Doesnt cause much lag. Thus you can skip all the replays and extra BS they add to the game.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

i say we wait corey, if youre gonna have oyur normal 2 weeks no point spending half of it playing the Jays, and what I was gonna suggest is sim most of them cept say 2-3 series toend the year so if we both go thru with the league we use the final games to decide, not 1-2 series in April lol.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I agree with that :D

Hopefully we make it interesting and stay close and the Yankees don't run away with the division
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Sox move to 0-3 on the early season. My second game stuck and counted as a loss in the middle of the 3rd inning so not sure what happened there.

Then game 3 Pineda looked like Bob Gibson striking out 14 and I lost 6-1 and ran myself out of 2 or 3 runs with my terrible base running :lol:

Cano raped me all series long.

The sox head to Baltimore to try and halt the losing streak
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I've only played offline exhibitions and I don't even bother to run the bases, I turn it all on auto lol.

When I finally decide to play online, I'll be screwed.

Return to “Baseball”