Season 28.....(Please Read)

All NDL or video game football related conversations go here.
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Season 28.....(Please Read)

Post by buckeye76 »

We will be using the following conferences for Season 28.

AAC
ACC
B12
B10
PAC 12
SEC
Indys (74)

We have 83 Coaches at the moment. So that means 9 coaches can take a team from the Sun Belt, CUSA, MAC or the MWC. I will keep track of it during the draft not to exceed the 9. If your favorite team is a team from one of these conference's feel free to pm me and we can arrange for you to have your team.
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: Season 28.....(Please Read)

Post by buckeye76 »

These 9 teams plus BYU/ND will make up the Indy Conference.
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

Actually at 84, so that means 10 indys....
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by ChampDizzle »

I suggest using the new 4 team playoff for S28!
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

ChampDizzle wrote:I suggest using the new 4 team playoff for S28!
+1

Use all the former and current NDL head commishes for the selection committee
ImageImageImage
Knapp
Reactions:

Post by Knapp »

buckeye76 wrote:We will be using the following conferences for Season 28.

AAC
ACC
B12
B10
PAC 12
SEC
Indys (74)

We have 83 Coaches at the moment. So that means 9 coaches can take a team from the Sun Belt, CUSA, MAC or the MWC. I will keep track of it during the draft not to exceed the 9. If your favorite team is a team from one of these conference's feel free to pm me and we can arrange for you to have your team.

PROPS to the higher-ups to go this route. Well thought up!
Dolemitesooner
Reactions:

Post by Dolemitesooner »

A 4 team playoff in the last season would be AWESOME!
6ftdeep
Reactions:

Post by 6ftdeep »

GeorgesGoons wrote:
+1

yea that would be cool.. but I would say only current..

if not just use top four BCS standing teams.

But no matter what we do... I hope we end this final season with a strong showing. A showing that resembles more of our NCAA glory days, where we were all active and invested in the season, from top to bottom.

The days where we had Massey and BCS beginning week 10, regular articles which I will contribute to this season, active chatter, minimal sims, an honest effort, and overall interest, . Just think we should send the game and league of NCAA, (the thing that brought us all together) , out on a strong note. Seems only right.
Twistanutz22
Reactions:

Post by Twistanutz22 »

6ftdeep wrote: yea that would be cool.. but I would say only current..

But no matter what we do... I hope we end this final season with a strong showing. A showing that resembles more of our NCAA glory days, where we were all active and invested in the season, from top to bottom.

The days where we had Massey and BCS beginning week 10, regular articles which I will contribute to this season, active chatter, minimal sims, an honest effort, and overall interest, . Just think we should send the game and league of NCAA, (the thing that brought us all together) , out on a strong note. Seems only right.
Well said, +1
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

6ftdeep wrote:
GeorgesGoons wrote:
+1

Well said Sixft. Some short notes..... I remember the day I got the email saying I had been promoted to the NDL. I was telling guys at work. (They were looking at me weird... :lol: ) Being the commish isn't easy, you can ask NOLE/MIKE/AJ...I know the time you have to put in and these guys did it when we were over at leaguedaddy. Let me tell you, they put in alot of time trust me. Now Holmey has it set up nice, all we have to do is enter numbers for season success. I'm optimistic that there will be an NCAA game, maybe not next year but the year after.

More random notes.....Dole beat me once on a hail mary at the end of the game it was classic, Shel once ice'd my kicker which I choked (I have no ill regrets for using the ice the kicker, the game was great and ended accordingly), I beat VT one time in a BCS game after he went the distance in a 2min drill, that Rutger's team from that year is still by far my favorite team that I got to play with and it got me a spot to actually play with the Buckeyes.(after Blackrain gave them up knowing I was going to be high enough to get them) VVV beat me once with MTSU. Some here didn't like him, but by far one of the more super straight coaches out there. (run, run, pass.... :lol: that was his game plan...) I've never beat Mike. Still the only Coach I meet outside of Wittness (he works with my wife) is Shel, in the bahama's of all places (my wife was pregnant at the time, and after our vacation's Shel announce's his news. We could have probably talked for hours drinking Kaliks). I used to scrim (pre baby) with sixft/Baker/bigred/hoos we had some good games. Some may not know this but Hoo's was once a very big part of the NDL behind the scenes he did alot offering up info and not. Nole/AJ/Mike, these guys bleed the NDL. But the league has managed to be the best overall because of our members. We really do have some top notch memebers. The online dynasty made it really tough to get farmers into the farm. Talented and Oracle I credit for me being here, they told me how to go about applying. Deep down I still feel bad about the Trendon/Buffalo deal (It was ultimately my fault..) . I feel like I've known some of you a life time. Ok done with my random notes.....

The NDL will move forward, we will still be the best online gaming community.
BlackRain
Reactions:

Post by BlackRain »

buckeye76 wrote:
6ftdeep wrote:
GeorgesGoons wrote:
+1

Well said Sixft. Some short notes..... I remember the day I got the email saying I had been promoted to the NDL. I was telling guys at work. (They were looking at me weird... :lol: ) Being the commish isn't easy, you can ask NOLE/MIKE/AJ...I know the time you have to put in and these guys did it when we were over at leaguedaddy. Let me tell you, they put in alot of time trust me. Now Holmey has it set up nice, all we have to do is enter numbers for season success. I'm optimistic that there will be an NCAA game, maybe not next year but the year after.

More random notes.....Dole beat me once on a hail mary at the end of the game it was classic, Shel once ice'd my kicker which I choked (I have no ill regrets for using the ice the kicker, the game was great and ended accordingly), I beat VT one time in a BCS game after he went the distance in a 2min drill, that Rutger's team from that year is still by far my favorite team that I got to play with and it got me a spot to actually play with the Buckeyes.(after Blackrain gave them up knowing I was going to be high enough to get them) VVV beat me once with MTSU. Some here didn't like him, but by far one of the more super straight coaches out there. (run, run, pass.... :lol: that was his game plan...) I've never beat Mike. Still the only Coach I meet outside of Wittness (he works with my wife) is Shel, in the bahama's of all places (my wife was pregnant at the time, and after our vacation's Shel announce's his news. We could have probably talked for hours drinking Kaliks). I used to scrim (pre baby) with sixft/Baker/bigred/hoos we had some good games. Some may not know this but Hoo's was once a very big part of the NDL behind the scenes he did alot offering up info and not. Nole/AJ/Mike, these guys bleed the NDL. But the league has managed to be the best overall because of our members. We really do have some top notch memebers. The online dynasty made it really tough to get farmers into the farm. Talented and Oracle I credit for me being here, they told me how to go about applying. Deep down I still feel bad about the Trendon/Buffalo deal (It was ultimately my fault..) . I feel like I've known some of you a life time. Ok done with my random notes.....

The NDL will move forward, we will still be the best online gaming community.
Great job guys and to Buckeye...a job well done!
ACTIVISION ACCOUNT NAME - CROSS GEN.- XBOX - (RONIN-BLACKRAIN)
IceMorbid
Reactions:

Post by IceMorbid »

Well said guys. You guys have some amazing memories here. I sincerely hope we can send NCAA out on a positive note and continue this community.
NDL Record 49-4 (4-0 Bowls)
S 25 - San Jose State 12-1 - Potato Bowl Champs
S 26 - Georgia 11-2 - Outback Bowl Champs
S 27 - Wake Forest 13-1 - ACC Champs - BCS Orange Bowl Champs - NDL Cup Champs
S 28 - Texas 13-0 - Big XII Champs - BCS National Champs
Twistanutz22
Reactions:

Post by Twistanutz22 »

For me, being invited to the NDL (thanks to razorback!) was a HUGE deal... the concept of having EVERY TEAM user coached just blew my mind, and I was SO excited to play with... UTSA? :lol: It didn't matter, I was a part of something BIG...

Let's give this last season our all. I really do not think it's over, someone will make a game. But just in case it's not for awhile, let's make this season the best one yet.

And I'm with Ice, (not ICE... the only one true "ICE" in the NDL ;) ) I'm committed to doing my part of keeping this community together for the long run. And I'm sure Nid... er, JeffMo is with me! :shock:
anderlin83
Reactions:

Post by anderlin83 »

Twistanutz22 wrote:For me, being invited to the NDL (thanks to razorback!) was a HUGE deal... the concept of having EVERY TEAM user coached just blew my mind, and I was SO excited to play with... UTSA? :lol: It didn't matter, I was a part of something BIG...

Let's give this last season our all. I really do not think it's over, someone will make a game. But just in case it's not for awhile, let's make this season the best one yet.

And I'm with Ice, (not ICE... the only one true "ICE" in the NDL ;) ) I'm committed to doing my part of keeping this community together for the long run. And I'm sure Nid... er, JeffMo is with me! :shock:
:shock:
S 26: Buffalo - 12-2 (9-0) MAC Champions
S 27: Arizona St - 12-2 (8-1)
S 28: Mississippi State - 4-0 (2-0)

PSN / AIM: anderlin83

IceMorbid
Reactions:

Post by IceMorbid »

Twistanutz22 wrote:For me, being invited to the NDL (thanks to razorback!) was a HUGE deal... the concept of having EVERY TEAM user coached just blew my mind, and I was SO excited to play with... UTSA? :lol: It didn't matter, I was a part of something BIG...

:shock: lol - a HUGE thanks to Razorback here as well.

+1
NDL Record 49-4 (4-0 Bowls)
S 25 - San Jose State 12-1 - Potato Bowl Champs
S 26 - Georgia 11-2 - Outback Bowl Champs
S 27 - Wake Forest 13-1 - ACC Champs - BCS Orange Bowl Champs - NDL Cup Champs
S 28 - Texas 13-0 - Big XII Champs - BCS National Champs
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Twistanutz22 wrote:I'm sure Nid... er, JeffMo is with me! :shock:
The joke really is old by now, but I am glad you keep entertaining yourself. :D
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

The_Niddler wrote:
Yeah, I just did the draft list up and even left it out this time. :D
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

buckeye76 wrote:
The_Niddler wrote:
Yeah, I just did the draft list up and even left it out this time. :D

I have never met Jeff, but I have to imagine he was a pretty ok guy to put this thing together.
It is all good. It doesn't bother me, so no issue.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
anderlin83
Reactions:

Post by anderlin83 »

+1 to Razor from me as well... because I know those two clowns Twist and Ice didnt get me in ;)
S 26: Buffalo - 12-2 (9-0) MAC Champions
S 27: Arizona St - 12-2 (8-1)
S 28: Mississippi State - 4-0 (2-0)

PSN / AIM: anderlin83

chuskerpride
Reactions:

Post by chuskerpride »

Incredible work by the guys that created, maintain, and run this show here. The appreciation over something that was based on a video game goes beyond "nerd-dom." Also, incredible work by the guys who kept a solid foundation of coaches that kept the league and games enjoyable, even if i flew under the radar for my time here. All the guys who wrote articles and conducted and participated in interviews. A solid foundation that branched out into so much more here. And though the "end" really only pertains to the NCAA game as we know it, I think that I will start the "end" by passing out my yearbook and letting you all sign it. Thank you, everyone.

Return to “NDL Open Forum”