FIFA 15

This is the place for all Soccer games played in the NDL.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

FIFA 15

Post by ReignOnU »

The new game hits the shelves on September 23rd.

Use this thread to discuss the game, new features and what not.

On a side note, this year I'll be running a handful of FIFA 15 events. As many of you know, I'll be stepping down as the head commish of OOTP. In place of my work there, I will have some free time to kill. Each year we have the same pattern of play... guys rush to play club, then we get a good league idea setup and the first season goes ok, then a lack of games, then a crap 2nd shot and it slowly fades off. I'm hoping to change that this year by stepping up and running a variety of FIFA 15 activities. I'm not looking for signups at this point, but stay tuned to the thread as I bring up ideas and feel free to take part in the discussions to let me know what you'd like to see.
PSN: ReignOnU
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: FIFA 15

Post by shel311 »

In?
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

i'd like to see 1 NDL run league for:

Madden
Fifa
NBA2k

real rosters, real teams, no trades, etc

then if guys want to do other stuff on top of that with fantasy drafts and what not they can. but i think we should try to establish and recruit legit leagues that we can brand off like we did for NCAA.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Personally, I like that direction Dave. I just don't think we have the people that are willing to make the kind of time investments that are necessary to make that happen.

With that said, if the groundwork for something like this comes around, I would be willing to operate/own/lead/champion/commish/reign upon!!!!!... the FIFA section.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

I claim United, Reign

Mine this year!

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

DRiccio21 wrote: but i think we should try to establish and recruit legit leagues that we can brand off like we did for NCAA.
That was the initial post-NCAA plan but it just like the interest isn't there.

I'd be down for NBA and FIFA, no question. Possibly Madden as well.

Revive the 2K league Riccio, it's all on you!!!
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Dave, I agree, if they fix the online play for 2K, get it going and I am in.

I will be running a Madden league.
coug mentioned something about it too. So I know we will have 1-2 Madden leagues going for sure.
Madden and NBA and I am set for the year.
FIFA was fun, but just hard to find the time and when I do, I would rather play Madden and NBA2K.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
kdog36
Reactions:

Post by kdog36 »

I will partake in FIFA for sure.

One would think Fifa would be the easiest to keep alive since it takes the lease amount of RL time to play ;)

I would like to play with the lower tier team also some. Like MLS or Russian leagues etc.
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

Shocked there is not more FIFA interest. I will have a PS4 by the end of September and will be willing to play in any of these leagues.

FIFA games are 15 minutes in length, that should be the easiest league to run....
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

packsyd2284 wrote:Shocked there is not more FIFA interest. I will have a PS4 by the end of September and will be willing to play in any of these leagues.

FIFA games are 15 minutes in length, that should be the easiest league to run....
there is plenty of interest in FIFA.

there isn't enough interest in the NDL. we need more people to be recruited to play into these leagues. even if we take on 30 new guys from lobbies and 20 flame out that new 10 guys would help us keep a couple leagues going.

the key is to run 1 high quality league with immersion, not 7 different leagues that all pull attention away from each other
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

You dont even have a PS4.

Go away.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:You dont even have a PS4.

Go away.
:lol:
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

I would be willing to join all three once October rolls around. Reason I said no interest on FIFA as I have seen leagues come up in this forum and die quickly, which is odd to me considering games are about 15 minutes in length.....
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

3 weeks until release... here's some ideas that I have running in my head...

NDL Premier League
- 16 teams
- For the launch, the team selection will be limited to a minimum OVR rating that would include roughly the top 25 teams.
- 6 week schedule
- 3 home-away matches open per week for 5 weeks, with 1 final week of catchup
- Stats will be tracked on NDL league site (I've got a not out to Holmey)
- Champions League starts with group play for weeks 3-4, semi-finals in week 5, championship in week 6
- 1st season CL will be all 16 teams, with weeks 2-3 being group play, week 4 quater-finals
- Top 8 teams (see below) qualify for the Champions League
- Top 8 teams determined by standings from the previous season + weekly bonus points
- Teams may earn 3 bonus points PER week (weeks 1-5) for writing a small team recap for their squad and posting it in the Weekly Recaps forum. These points ONLY apply to CL qualification for the following season.
- I'm still considering a system for holding onto a team or putting limits on the number of times they can be kept.

This is a large overview of what I have in mind. My goal is to prevent the issues in year's past of leagues starting and stopping or fading off. I'm aiming for a setup that continues for a full year... with very little downtime. I realize that we may need to start at 8 or 12... and that the system has to be flexible enough to expand to 20 or 24 (dream big!).

I will likely look to have someone help with running the league, as much for keeping up the immersion or handling any site issues, as anything else.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Most of that stuff confuses me and yet gets me pumped all at the same time!!! :lol:

I'm all in. A relegation type system would be cool in theory, but the 2nd league may have immersion issues, plus I'm not sure we'd go through enough seasons to make it worth it.

Whatever it is, i'm down.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

I considered relegation... but I don't expect to have the numbers any time soon. I figured the CL qualification would be a big enough kick in the nuts to keep guys playing games and at least giving us a weekly recap of their contests or an update on their team.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ReignOnU wrote:I considered relegation... but I don't expect to have the numbers any time soon. I figured the CL qualification would be a big enough kick in the nuts to keep guys playing games and at least giving us a weekly recap of their contests or an update on their team.
Yea, starting in season 2, that would be the incentive to remain in the top half.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

15 additional participation points possible... that's a nice little boost as well.

Right now, my plan is designed around 16 teams. You would play each of the other teams 2x (home-away). The schedule would be pretty simple in that 3 home-away series would open up each week, for 5 weeks, with 1 week of catchup time at the end. We'd had a scheduling forum for each week of the season. My goal in doing this is to emulate the structure that made the NDL such a huge success. I believe a large reason why it maintained for so long was because there was a good amount of structure built into the setup. For FIFA, it's about finding out what that structure needs to be. I initially considered an idea where all games were open at once, which for a very active player is nice. The downfall is that the less active teams become more likely to abandon ship and the very active teams get more frustrated. I think my current design concepts give the league a higher chance of long-term success.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Yea, the open all games at once idea is great in theory and does have its advantages, but it creates lots of variance in number of games played, and then if you get way behind, some guys lose interest. I like this idea of going week by week, you get a better idea of how the season is unfolding as it goes along.
kdog36
Reactions:

Post by kdog36 »

Still interested. I am getting Disc copy in case any are interested in sharing. so count me out of the sharing part

cant wait to suck and enjoy the games all at the same time.

NDL UNITED: I will also be ready for online team play as well.

Return to “Soccer”