Politics and stuff

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Re: Politics and stuff

Post by ReignOnU »

dakshdar wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:42 am
GeorgesGoons wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:48 pm Doesn't the 25th amendment have to do with the ability to hold the office? As much of an ass that Trump was, his mental or physical acuity was never really in question.
In simple terms, the 25th Amendment, proposed by Congress and ratified by the states in the aftermath of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, provides the procedures for replacing the president or vice president in the event of death, removal, resignation, or incapacitation.

It doesn't require professional medical diagnosis of being incapacitated.

If Pence and a majority of Congress declared Trump incapacitated (by his own stupidity or ego) they could have dumped him.
Looking at the chain of command, I'm not seeing any improvements.
PSN: ReignOnU
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:48 pm Doesn't the 25th amendment have to do with the ability to hold the office? As much of an ass that Trump was, his mental or physical acuity was never really in question.
In simple terms, the 25th Amendment, proposed by Congress and ratified by the states in the aftermath of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, provides the procedures for replacing the president or vice president in the event of death, removal, resignation, or incapacitation.

If Pence and a majority of Congress declared Trump incapacitated (by his own stupidity or ego) they could have dumped him.
Thanks, makes more sense. Thought it was only for a medical diagnosis
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

ReignOnU wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:41 am

Looking at the chain of command, I'm not seeing any improvements.
Correct, and that's why I haven't heard anything regarding it until last night. I absolutely loathe hannity but cought a couple of minutes of it on the replay at 1am and he brought it up
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

shel311 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:19 pm Atlanta DA decided to charge that cop who shot the dude they were arresting who stole his taser and tried to tase the cop... because the DA called a taser a non-lethal weapon despite being on video 2 weeks before stating the taser was a deadly weapon...
And wouldn't you know it, prosecutors have dropped the charges on those cops.

Never saw that coming.

This is the one that caused all the riots in Atlanta a couple of years ago. They even burnt down a Wendy's, man!!
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:10 pm
shel311 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:19 pm Atlanta DA decided to charge that cop who shot the dude they were arresting who stole his taser and tried to tase the cop... because the DA called a taser a non-lethal weapon despite being on video 2 weeks before stating the taser was a deadly weapon...
And wouldn't you know it, prosecutors have dropped the charges on those cops.

Never saw that coming.

This is the one that caused all the riots in Atlanta a couple of years ago. They even burnt down a Wendy's, man!!
This is one of the reasons why good people that could be good cops don't go in that field. Even when you do something legally you get vilified
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

You guys want guns and cops?? Defend yourself god damn
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:51 pm You guys want guns and cops?? Defend yourself god damn
Only if we can do a 3 day weekend of the Purge
ImageImageImage
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

Someone please explain how Bidens loan forgiveness plan puts the cost onto Trumpers? Serious question as that's all I see on the social medias
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I don't know but some Far Right dude I never heard of named Steven Crowder(has 2 million Twitter followers, so seems popular) was ranting about loan forgiveness and how people should pay off their loans. Turns out, Twitter sleuths posted how he applied for and had $70k of loan forgiveness from the PPP covid thing.

Oops!!!
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

cougnix wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:44 pm Someone please explain how Bidens loan forgiveness plan puts the cost onto Trumpers? Serious question as that's all I see on the social medias
You could start with an objective question to get an objective answer (there is dissent on both sides of the aisle as well as love from both sides of the aisle as far as voters). But I'll bite

I would say it puts the costs onto everyone. One of President Obama's financial advisors say it adds gas to inflation, and another advisor to President Obama said something against the loan forgiveness, just cant remember what he actually said. I'm sure you can find it in the news online somewhere what was actually said.

I think President Biden or any other president in the future would have been better served at getting tuition costs to a respectable level if they receive federal money. Maybe cap university employee salaries (sucks for coaches) or set a cap at tuition costs based on location and cost of living for that area.

I do like the public service workers getting their debt relieved, which I have said before. I don't like that it's 10 years of service, I would have rather seen 5 years. And have some stipulations there as well. If you become a teacher, you should be teaching at a public school with substandard testing results and not charter/private schools.

I would like to read the final version to see exactly what it entails though, and I'm sure we won't get that till after the November elections. Partly due to court battles and partly because some of it may be rolled back and could hurt the Democrat party in the upcoming elections. Just my assumption on when all the details comes out.

It's crazy how polarizing this is to me. I'm not a fan of him forgiving the bill, but I won't complain as it takes half the payments the wife needs to repay back. There was a guy at Elizabeth Warren's campaign for president in 2020 where he was questioning her about the paying off school loans and asked if he'd get his money back for "doing the right thing." She said absolutely not. So this is a democrat at one of her events that was not happy with the idea of this coming to fruition, and I'm pretty sure he is not happy that it's actually happening. So all people are happy/not happy about it, and it doesn't come down to whether you are a Republican or a Democrat.
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

read this on a wallstreet facebook group....
If you really want to lower college tuition, get rid of federally backed student loans and allow people to bankrupt on them. These banks would think much differently if they had to take an applicants ability to repay the loans into consideration when making them!
ImageImageImage
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Until endowments are affected at these universities this is just a small drop in an ocean sized bucket.

This is a desperate grab for votes heading into the fall and to save face in a major struggle and disapproval since taking office.

Plain and simple
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Cnasty wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:52 pm Until endowments are affected at these universities this is just a small drop in an ocean sized bucket.

This is a desperate grab for votes heading into the fall and to save face in a major struggle and disapproval since taking office.

Plain and simple
I didn't want to say that as the resident Republican here (along with Reign). But you are spot on
ImageImageImage
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

Still doesn't answer the fundamentals question. I have applied for and been denied loan forgiveness for almost 20 years. Even as a math teacher (high demand) eventually we ended up a school with high Free and Reduced Lunch percentage etc.

I applied for the PSLF now and waiting to hear back. I want to know how and why my forgiveness if giving is going to be paid by Nancy Pelosi, Donald Trump or my fucking neighbor that drives me crazy?
ImageImage

Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

cougnix wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:52 pm Still doesn't answer the fundamentals question. I have applied for and been denied loan forgiveness for almost 20 years. Even as a math teacher (high demand) eventually we ended up a school with high Free and Reduced Lunch percentage etc.

I applied for the PSLF now and waiting to hear back. I want to know how and why my forgiveness if giving is going to be paid by Nancy Pelosi, Donald Trump or my fucking neighbor that drives me crazy?
Since you're using another means to get loan forgiveness instead of the Biden plan that's in the news your upset for being lumped in with them by social media knuckle draggers? Do I understand you correctly?

Some of the self centered crowd ala ur neighbor or whomever on the other side will rationalize it as they pay taxes and if you personally don't pay back the loan then the tax payers or themselves as they will think paid for you education?
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

I am trying to get the real story of why the "right" says my son if he gets loan forgiveness from the Biden an or anyone else that gets loan forgiveness is an idiot and that they are "paying" for his education?
ImageImage

Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

cougnix wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:40 pm I am trying to get the real story of why the "right" says my son if he gets loan forgiveness from the Biden an or anyone else that gets loan forgiveness is an idiot and that they are "paying" for his education?
Self-centered people pay taxes and ur son is getting his education paid for by a fraction of a penny out of "their" tax dollars they pay if he doesn't have to repay the loan is the simplest answer I can come up with if I was to put myself on their side of discussion.. :lol:

While I personally think it's completely asaine to have to go into debt to get an education I hope your kid takes as much of my tax dollars as he can get but peeps on the other side might not agree with me.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

cougnix wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:40 pm I am trying to get the real story of why the "right" says my son if he gets loan forgiveness from the Biden an or anyone else that gets loan forgiveness is an idiot and that they are "paying" for his education?
You do realize it's not just the "right" that is upset? And it's not just the "left" that are cheering it.
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

https://www.filesforprogress.org/datase ... 2_tabs.pdf
Along party lines, 81 percent of Democrats were in favor of canceling at least some student loan debt compared to 45 percent of Republicans who said the same. The poll found more than half of past student loan borrowers and voters who never borrowed student loans believed some or all student debt should be eliminated.
Previous polling, however, showed a much narrower majority of Americans support the Biden administration’s plans. An NPR-Ipsos poll in June of 1,022 Americans found 55 percent of Americans support up to $10,000 of relief per borrower, but support dropped as financial relief increased. A YouGov poll and a Morning Consult-Politico poll found 51 percent of respondents were in favor of $10,000 in forgiveness.

A CNBC poll released this week also found 59 percent of Americans worried forgiving student loan debt could make inflation worse.
ImageImageImage
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

So nobody is "paying" for it, we are all going to pay for it in higher costs to live. Social Media can go fuck itself. I remember playing lemmings back in the day. Can we make a lemmings social media to throw all the morons off the edge?

And can we turn our Ed system into one of some get educated and the others go to trades like other countries? I see it everyday of my life in education where we have to force feed kids that will end up driving a truck, workig on cars or building their own business that need an education like George needs his nails done. ALL don't need to be educated and the ones that want to be can!

University costs are ridiculous!
ImageImage

Return to “Off Topic Forum”