Potty Training......

Share tips, idea, health and fun idea for the kids of the NDL.
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Potty Training......

Post by buckeye76 »

So little Maddie is 21 months old now. My wife wants to do the potty training thing. We ve been practicing for about a month and a half with the little elmo potty. We ve been telling her thats where you go potty and what not. Well today actually has went well.

My question is I thought potty training was like 3yrs of age not 21 months.....

(but shes doing well today,like I said above, shes actually pee'd on her own about 4 times with 1 accident).
mbyrd75
Reactions:

Re: Potty Training......

Post by mbyrd75 »

my son is 2 1/2 now and we've been working with him since he was about 2 to start using the "big boy potty". He's gotten good with peeing and FINALLY went #2 last week. those diaper bills get expensive lol. The thing i've always been told is that they cant really control the #2 until about 2 1/2 to 3 yrs so its tough to force that but you shouldn't have any problem starting now at 21 months. At least from my experience
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Girls also take shorter time to learn than boys or so I have heard.

That's awesome she's doing so well so early.

I am dreading the day when we have to purchase a diaper. Maybe we can make it and bridge the gap from diapers to potty training. :lol:
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:Girls also take shorter time to learn than boys or so I have heard.

That's awesome she's doing so well so early.

I am dreading the day when we have to purchase a diaper. Maybe we can make it and bridge the gap from diapers to potty training. :lol:

Just use a gift card.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Good thinking!
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

we gave our sons like 3 or 4 skittles

lol, worked like a charm
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

I ll be honest I was against the thought of even trying this until she was atleast two or three. But it really has went well today....
CrimsonBassn78
Reactions:

Post by CrimsonBassn78 »

buckeye76 wrote:I ll be honest I was against the thought of even trying this until she was atleast two or three. But it really has went well today....
All three of my daughters we started potty training them about the same time and it went pretty smooth. Pull ups are very handy though lol.
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

i have a 19 year old who we didnt potty train until she was about 3

on the youngest one (shes's 7), everything said to train at 2. she caught it way quicker than we expected

was suprised how young "we" are doing it nowadays but the kids seem to be able to pick it up

good luck
yougoogelizer
Reactions:

Post by yougoogelizer »

We worked on potty training for about 4 months at 2 years old with my daughter and she was terrified that the toilet was going to hurt her for some reason and then one day about 3 months later she just started going all by herself, no promting lol. So she was almost 3.
PSN: yougoogelizer
AIM: chriscmacx

Season 22: Oregon Ducks 6-7
Season 23: FIU Panthers 3-9

LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

For some reason girls seem to get the hang of it earlier but 21 months sounds very early. My daughter picked it up very quickly at about age 3 but my boys took longer. My youngest boy is 4 and he still wears pull-ups to bed because he hasn't gotten to where he'll wake up in the night to go. That's pretty normal though.

Nown for something distinctly abnormal. My oldest had three of his friends spend the night for his birthday party this last June. I tell them all it's time to lay down and one of the boys gets a pull-up out of his bag. He's 9. I had no warning about this at all so I played it cool and didn't act as if it was as odd as it was. I didn't even know they sold those things that big. It might have been a Depends for all I know. Anyway, one of the other boys started making fun of him but I squelched that pretty quickly so the poor kid didn't feel any more awkward. But it was sure awkward for me since I had just put a pull-up on my four year old to put him to bed.
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

LetsGoPeay wrote:For some reason girls seem to get the hang of it earlier but 21 months sounds very early. My daughter picked it up very quickly at about age 3 but my boys took longer. My youngest boy is 4 and he still wears pull-ups to bed because he hasn't gotten to where he'll wake up in the night to go. That's pretty normal though.
That's what I told my wife I thought 21 months was a little early. I wonder if te 9yr old had some kind of leaky bladder thing
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

buckeye76 wrote:
LetsGoPeay wrote:I wonder if te 9yr old had some kind of leaky bladder thing
I don't know and didn't question it. The mother never said a word about it when she dropped him off.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

2yrs... fml.
PSN: ReignOnU
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

Just an update on the PT.....Its going well, we still use a pull up at night, but she has it down. We went to a reward system like AJ said. The M&M's worked great. Although I thought we were a little early in trying to do this, my wife was right.... :lol:

Went to Cedar Point yesterday, She rode rides for the first time. Heres a pic of Me in the back of these damn trucks (6'3 trying to squeeze into the back of this little truck.. :oops: )

ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

:lol:

good stuff!
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

You look like you're having a blast :lol:
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

I look exactly the same in the back of a regular car. When I mow my lawn, it looks like a one man redneck redneck shriner parade.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Niiiiice

Return to “Kids Corner”