2082 Season Thread... The Villy People

Out of the Park Baseball League

Moderators: TheGobOne, Cnasty, Ry, nick

wdoupis
Reactions:

2082 Season Thread... The Villy People

Post by wdoupis »

Welcome to the 2082 season thread and once again congrats to Nick on joining the 4 timers club. A few things to note for 2082:

Normal sims tomorrow and Arby split in to two sims like usual. Mike will be running sims the next 2 weeks while I am on vacation. I'll let him post expected sim times

Coaches are back. There will be no fine and it is not mandatory but teams that choose to utilize it may.

The Qualifying offer has been bumped up to 17.5 million for this season based on how the MLB does it so be aware of this when offering qualifying offers

Richmond has moved to Chicago
NY has moved to Charleston

Pete will be running Fresno for us as I don't want to recruit while on vacation. IF you guys know someone I am sure Mike will be willing to get them set up

Other than that no changes but as always if you have suggestions make a poll in winter meetings thread. Please check with myself or Mike first to make sure what you are proposing is even possible.

Good luck to everyone and lets have a great 2082
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Re: 2082 Season Thread... The Villy People

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

wdoupis wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:07 am Welcome to the 2082 season thread and once again congrats to Nick on joining the 4 timers club. A few things to note for 2082:

Normal sims tomorrow and Arby split in to two sims like usual. Mike will be running sims the next 2 weeks while I am on vacation. I'll let him post expected sim times

Coaches are back. There will be no fine and it is not mandatory but teams that choose to utilize it may.

The Qualifying offer has been bumped up to 17.5 million for this season based on how the MLB does it so be aware of this when offering qualifying offers

Richmond has moved to Chicago
NY has moved to Charleston

Pete will be running Fresno for us as I don't want to recruit while on vacation. IF you guys know someone I am sure Mike will be willing to get them set up

Other than that no changes but as always if you have suggestions make a poll in winter meetings thread. Please check with myself or Mike first to make sure what you are proposing is even possible.

Good luck to everyone and lets have a great 2082

Vice Vice Baby would have been better.
ImageImageImageImage
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

I noticed Awards voting is available. Are we doing that this season?
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

No, it shows available but doesn’t matter
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Damn we need a redo on the name
Ry
Reactions:

Post by Ry »

ugh, trying to sift through these coaches and determine who to hire is to much for my brain. :lol:
I like the categories OOTP came up with except maybe the one that deals with aging players. Father time is always a winner.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

nick wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:42 pm Damn we need a redo on the name
Does a championship even count if the name is this bad?
Neurotic
Reactions:

Post by Neurotic »

Files up. New gate date is Nov 24th. We're moving to Dec 8th tomorrow (Start of FA).

Reports and StatsPlus are updated.

In the News:
Spoiler!
AL Hechler and Koch:
SP Roland Stevens of the San Francisco Seals honored: Wins the 2081 NDL AL Hechler and Koch Award at P.
C Jason Veeck of the Philadelphia Cheesesteaks honored: Wins the 2081 NDL AL Hechler and Koch Award at C.
1B Jason Miles of the Prosper Eagles honored: Wins the 2081 NDL AL Hechler and Koch Award at 1B.
2B Dong-su Chang of the Sheltown Shockers honored: Wins the 2081 NDL AL Hechler and Koch Award at 2B.
3B Liam Quiñones of the Cleveland Spiders honored: Wins the 2081 NDL AL Hechler and Koch Award at 3B.
SS Richard Barbosa of the San Francisco Seals honored: Wins the 2081 NDL AL Hechler and Koch Award at SS.
LF Bobby Campbell of the Cleveland Spiders honored: Wins the 2081 NDL AL Hechler and Koch Award at LF.
CF Hai-feng Chu of the Cleveland Spiders honored: Wins the 2081 NDL AL Hechler and Koch Award at CF.
RF Mike Simon of the Cleveland Spiders honored: Wins the 2081 NDL AL Hechler and Koch Award at RF.
RP Ángel Ortíz of the Seattle Windstorm honored: Wins the 2081 NDL NL Hechler and Koch Award at P.

NL Hechler and Koch:
C Marty Huber of the Chicago Cossacks honored: Wins the 2081 NDL NL Hechler and Koch Award at C.
1B Naohiro Nonaka of the Baltimore Red Crabs honored: Wins the 2081 NDL NL Hechler and Koch Award at 1B.
2B Buddy Villarreal of the Ann Arbor Vipers honored: Wins the 2081 NDL NL Hechler and Koch Award at 2B.
3B Mark Miller of the Detroit Muscle honored: Wins the 2081 NDL NL Hechler and Koch Award at 3B.
SS Tomás Ruíz of the Edmonton Mounties honored: Wins the 2081 NDL NL Hechler and Koch Award at SS.
LF Juan Ángel of the Baltimore Red Crabs honored: Wins the 2081 NDL NL Hechler and Koch Award at LF.
CF Dave Tidwell of the Cookeville Cubs honored: Wins the 2081 NDL NL Hechler and Koch Award at CF.
RF James Williams of the San Antonio Slackers honored: Wins the 2081 NDL NL Hechler and Koch Award at RF.

AL Reliever of the Year:
RP Juan Luna of the Shelby Smokies honored: Wins the 2081 NDL AL Reliever of the Year Award.
CL Richie Norris of the Winterfell Direwolves honored: Finished 2nd in 2081 NDL AL Reliever of the Year Award voting.
CL Aaron Coleman of the Miami Vice honored: Finished 3rd in 2081 NDL AL Reliever of the Year Award voting.

NL Reliever of the Year:
CL Eric Bishop of the Cookeville Cubs honored: Wins the 2081 NDL NL Reliever of the Year Award.
CL Jack Meyer of the Alabama Bears honored: Finished 2nd in 2081 NDL NL Reliever of the Year Award voting.
RP Lewis Treace of the Rhode Island Red Wolves honored: Finished 3rd in 2081 NDL NL Reliever of the Year Award voting.

AL Platinum Stick:
C Francisco Rodríguez of the Shelby Smokies honored: Wins the 2081 NDL AL Platinum Stick Award at C.
1B John Schneider of the San Francisco Seals honored: Wins the 2081 NDL AL Platinum Stick Award at 1B.
2B José Díaz of the Miami Vice honored: Wins the 2081 NDL AL Platinum Stick Award at 2B.
3B José Vidro of the Prosper Eagles honored: Wins the 2081 NDL AL Platinum Stick Award at 3B.
SS Alberto Martínez of the Burnaby Lakers honored: Wins the 2081 NDL AL Platinum Stick Award at SS.
LF Rubén Herrera of the Moose Jaw Diamond Dogs honored: Wins the 2081 NDL AL Platinum Stick Award at LF.
CF Frank Wilton of the Prosper Eagles honored: Wins the 2081 NDL AL Platinum Stick Award at CF.
RF Randy Fort of the San Francisco Seals honored: Wins the 2081 NDL AL Platinum Stick Award at RF.
DH Roberto Concepción of the Prosper Eagles honored: Wins the 2081 NDL AL Platinum Stick Award at DH.

NL Platinum Stick:
C Dan Miller of the Bowie Bulldogs honored: Wins the 2081 NDL NL Platinum Stick Award at C.
1B Raymond Blackburn of the Rhode Island Red Wolves honored: Wins the 2081 NDL NL Platinum Stick Award at 1B.
2B Yoichibei Takahashi of the Cookeville Cubs honored: Wins the 2081 NDL NL Platinum Stick Award at 2B.
3B Chandler Taylor of the Bowie Bulldogs honored: Wins the 2081 NDL NL Platinum Stick Award at 3B.
SS Burt Smith of the Seattle Windstorm honored: Wins the 2081 NDL NL Platinum Stick Award at SS.
LF Tsukasa Ichikawa of the Edmonton Mounties honored: Wins the 2081 NDL NL Platinum Stick Award at LF.
CF Bilel Gonçalves of the Bowie Bulldogs honored: Wins the 2081 NDL NL Platinum Stick Award at CF.
RF Carlos Delgado of the Los Angeles Bomb Squad honored: Wins the 2081 NDL NL Platinum Stick Award at RF.
1B Sojuro Sakamoto of the Rhode Island Red Wolves honored: Wins the 2081 NDL NL Platinum Stick Award at DH.

AL Rookie of the Year:
2B Robby Matthews of the Shelby Smokies honored: Wins the 2081 NDL AL Rookie of the Year Award.
SS Alberto Martínez of the Burnaby Lakers honored: Finished 2nd in 2081 NDL AL Rookie of the Year Award voting.
CF Micheal Sellers of the Sheltown Shockers honored: Finished 3rd in 2081 NDL AL Rookie of the Year Award voting.

NL Rookie of the Year:
RF Jimmy Wolfe of the Bowie Bulldogs honored: Wins the 2081 NDL NL Rookie of the Year Award.
CF Ryan Hamilton of the Edmonton Mounties honored: Finished 2nd in 2081 NDL NL Rookie of the Year Award voting.
CF Manny Rodríguez of the Detroit Muscle honored: Finished 3rd in 2081 NDL NL Rookie of the Year Award voting.

AL Tom Seaver:
SP Alberto Villanueva of the Miami Vice honored: Wins the 2081 NDL AL Tom Seaver Trophy.
SP David Hurst of the Moose Jaw Diamond Dogs honored: Finished 2nd in 2081 NDL AL Tom Seaver Trophy voting.
SP Dexter Ladner of the Miami Vice honored: Finished 3rd in 2081 NDL AL Tom Seaver Trophy voting.

NL Tom Seaver:
SP Michael Chamberlain of the Rhode Island Red Wolves honored: Wins the 2081 NDL NL Tom Seaver Trophy.
SP Manuel Gonzáles of the San Diego Invaders honored: Finished 2nd in 2081 NDL NL Tom Seaver Trophy voting.
SP Lou Ortíz of the Rhode Island Red Wolves honored: Finished 3rd in 2081 NDL NL Tom Seaver Trophy voting.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Unfortunately you're only able to put one spoiler per post. The AL Heckler & Koch is the only one that can open.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Wasted Memory wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:07 am Unfortunately you're only able to put one spoiler per post. The AL Heckler & Koch is the only one that can open.
Was just going to post this.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

Wasted Memory wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:07 am Unfortunately you're only able to put one spoiler per post. The AL Heckler & Koch is the only one that can open.
Boooo. New commish sucks! Bring back Billy!
ImageImageImageImage
Neurotic
Reactions:

Post by Neurotic »

Fuck phpbb
Neurotic
Reactions:

Post by Neurotic »

This should be fixed now. Sorry.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

AL Tom Seaver:
SP Alberto Villanueva of the Miami Vice honored: Wins the 2081 NDL AL Tom Seaver Trophy.

Was nervous he wouldn’t win. Was a tight race.
Graywolf357
Reactions:

Post by Graywolf357 »

Let me here your top 5 favorite players all time from your team.

1. DH Ramiro Alomar... Was so big in the playoffs
2. 2B Steve Moore.... 108 steals one season
3. RP Dan Gray..... Still around after 11 seasons
4. SP J.Rod.... Short time with me but always lights out
5. 3B Luis Torries.... My Torries i know there was many.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

I can barely remember players that were on my team last season much less all time
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Graywolf357 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:51 pm Let me here your top 5 favorite players all time from your team.
No particular order:

Robinson Rojas - The 1st player ever in the NDL...ever! Drafted #1 overall in the 2010 inaugural draft
Greg Hernandez - Was a solid catcher for me, otherwise would never crack this list, but he was the WS MVP in my lone title year
Jeremy McGuire - Best player on my title team
Martin Ramirez - Triples machine!
Mike "Crafty" McGee - Couldn't come up with a 5th, he'll do just to piss Billy off
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Mike McGee is an amazing #4 SP but some want him in the HOF!!!!!
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Greeks

1. Naohiro Nonaka
2. Miguel Acosta
3. Walt Johnson
4. Juan Lugo
5. Sojuro Sakamoto

Dead fucking last and I hope he is rotting in digital hell…. Kyle Lee
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

wdoupis wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:42 pm Mike McGee is an amazing #4 SP but some want him in the HOF!!!!!
The good old 2x Cy Young winning #4 starter. :)

Return to “Old OOTP Baseball”