2013 College Football Season

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: 2013 College Football Season

Post by Cnasty »

I mean the DA is an FSU grad and lives in Tallahassee.

There was a negative 0% change of him getting charged. If we dont think that had any impact on this decision than we are blind.

The other real problem seems more with how they handle these things in Tallahassee versus the accusations on Winston.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:I mean the DA is an FSU grad and lives in Tallahassee.

There was a negative 0% change of him getting charged. If we dont think that had any impact on this decision than we are blind.
Peter Warrick disagrees
In 1999, Peter Warrick's Heisman campaign ended after Meggs charged him and a teammate with grand theft for paying $21 for $412 in clothing at Dillard's
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

So...back to Heisman talk.

You know those voters are purists, can he still win it?
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

shel311 wrote:So...back to Heisman talk.

I'd vote for Jordan Lynch. I know, I know... MAC competition, Orange Bowl, all that. But he's been awesome for two years.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I think thats a totally different case with pure, hard evidence and not a QB which controls the game a little more than a WR.

Let me also state that I dont think you can charge the guy based on what we have heard but I dont think the 2 instances are the same.

Probably going into a little more conspiracy detail, but its more fun that way. :)
steelcitychaos
Reactions:

Post by steelcitychaos »

LetsGoPeay wrote:
shel311 wrote:So...back to Heisman talk.

I'd vote for Jordan Lynch. I know, I know... MAC competition, Orange Bowl, all that. But he's been awesome for two years.

Your right Peay
Dolemitesooner
Reactions:

Post by Dolemitesooner »

Great pass by Bridgewater
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

Dolemitesooner wrote:Great pass by Bridgewater
Guy just made 2 great plays
Dolemitesooner
Reactions:

Post by Dolemitesooner »

Did you all just see what I saw? Did that Louisville player just allow that touchdown on purpose?
BIGmike
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by BIGmike »

Petersen to Washington. Will be interesting to see if he fails like previous Boise coaches.
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

shel311 wrote:
Cnasty wrote:I mean the DA is an FSU grad and lives in Tallahassee.

Peter Warrick disagrees
In 1999, Peter Warrick's Heisman campaign ended after Meggs charged him and a teammate with grand theft for paying $21 for $412 in clothing at Dillard's

I"ve just been letting Nasty have fun miring in the hate since for the most part - except for the little jabs, has been with decent sportmanship and it is of course fun to hate on your rivals

That being said, article makes some good points.....including baggage on my side (fan of fsu side) as well as specifically the hater side. stufvf like him being to jeremy hill...who WAS found guilty is annoying

Anyway, not saying he's innocent or guilty but as stated, the STATE (not tallahasse) spent a small fortune thoroughly investigating this and is not pressing charges but that wont help since in nasty's as most other people's mind...he was accused so he's guilty..and any other finding other than guilty means it was covered up and he's still guilty

imagine for 1 second he met some drunk girl at the bar as the data says,..then consenual sex....girl has boyfriend (with his DNA also found in her under garments), panics, calls it "rape"......the rest is history.....not saying thats what happened but just saying it sucks for winston if the situation is as its being presented and why no charges were filed because he will now have this linked to him forever and there will NEVER be anything that anyone can say to corey or most others to change that.

anyway, i again of course acknowledge im a homer in this situation but facts are facts

(I wont even address anything going on in "Miami" vs "tallahassee" or any other city nationwide with a major football program....Miami had NO ONE covering up ANYTHING even if we just look at the last "scandal" they had :roll: )

http://www.cbssports.com/general/writer ... ollow-suit
The state of Florida did its job in the Jameis Winston case. Interviewed the victim, tested DNA, talked to witnesses. The state of Florida did its job and concluded that it doesn't have enough to charge the Florida State quarterback with rape.

Now it's our turn to do our job -- and respect that decision.

Innocent until proven guilty, know what I mean? Our system isn't perfect and doesn't always get it right, but it's the system we have and even in its imperfections it's the best system in the world. The state of Florida concluded there isn't enough evidence of Jameis Winston's guilt to take the case to court.

That's not going to stop lots of folks from assuming the worst, because that's what lots of folks do: assume guilt. If you're famous and accused of something, you're guilty. And if you're famous and accused of something and not even formally charged? You're guilty ... and the prosecutor is corrupt.

That's where the argument against Jameis Winston, as if there is one anymore, will go next: He's guilty, and the state of Florida let him off because he's the best football player on the best team in the country. Jameis Winston is guilty because he was accused.

Did something happen? Definitely. Did something criminal happen? Possibly. Did Jameis Winston do something criminal? We have no idea, but the state of Florida spent a small fortune investigating the case and decided not to charge him.

In a perfect world, this allegation wouldn't follow Winston around. For this to follow him would be patently unfair.

You say there's a chance he's a rapist? I say the people who investigated this case have decided that, legally speaking, there's a much more likely chance he's not. I say the idea that Winston is guilty just because he was accused is scary, and doesn't sound like any America I want to live in.

But that is the America I live in, and you. It's the America that Ben Roethlisberger lives in, and there are people -- lots of people -- who are convinced he's a rapist because he was accused of that by two different women. I'm not getting into it here, but I've written extensively on Roethlisberger in the past.

There will be people who decide Winston is guilty, just like there are people who have decided Roethlisberger and Kobe Bryant are guilty, but there are people who make decisions like that one based on their own baggage. One example: I know a victim of rape, therefore all rape accusations are accurate. Another example: I don't like Roethlisberger or the Steelers; therefore he's guilty. Another: I'm a fan of Florida and not Florida State; therefore Winston is guilty.

The opposite holds true too, of course: I'm a fan of Florida State, therefore he's innocent. This is what we do; we bring our baggage into the situation and then, when the facts are vague, we conform what we don't know around our own preferences. And lots of people prefer to think Jameis Winston is guilty.

Be fair to Jameis Winston and don't fall into the trap that this radio idiot in Baton Rouge, La., fell into on Thursday. Don't compare the Jameis Winston case to the case of LSU running back Jeremy Hill, or to the case of anyone else, because no two cases are identical. No two cases are even close, so don't go there.

Musing on Twitter that the Jameis Winston case is similar to the Jeremy Hill case because they both play football and were accused of something horrible? Jameis Winston isn't guilty because Jeremy Hill was guilty. The Florida legal system didn't give Jameis Winston a break that allows him to keep playing because the Louisiana legal system gave Jeremy Hill breaks that allowed him to keep playing.

Be smarter than this, people. And be fair -- to Jameis Winston, to the system we have, to the state of Florida for spending time and money to pursue the accuser's story before deciding, no, there just isn't a case there. Not against Jameis Winston, anyway.

Check your baggage at the door, is what I'm saying. Check your bags and use your brains
again, homerism noted
Dolemitesooner
Reactions:

Post by Dolemitesooner »

BIGmike wrote:Petersen to Washington. Will be interesting to see if he fails like previous Boise coaches.
Wow. Why take that job when he could have had soo many others
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

BIGmike wrote:Petersen to Washington. Will be interesting to see if he fails like previous Boise coaches.
I've never been a big fan. I don't see him going any better than 9-3 @ UW.
PSN: ReignOnU
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Simma Nole.

I never once made him guilty.

I did make the police department and cit of Tallahassee guilty in how they handled the whole ordeal as it was a valid point with the information that came out and their statements.

And dont think for a second if this was a Miami guy the hate wouldnt be spewing from you Noles and Gators. If he is in fact innocent as it seems he is, good for him and not ruining a young man's career before it has even started. The source doesnt seem that credible having 4 different DNA samples found and her recollection of events.

But lets not act like there wasnt anything handled incorrectly in that lovely little football town of Tallahassee and not be surprised with how this was handled.

Enjoy your title. You still need a couple more to catch up. :)
Dolemitesooner
Reactions:

Post by Dolemitesooner »

Cnasty wrote:Simma Nole.

I did make the police department and cit of Tallahassee guilty in how they handled the whole ordeal as it was a valid point with the information that came out and their statements.

And dont think for a second if this was a Miami guy the hate wouldnt be spewing from you Noles and Gators. If he is in fact innocent as it seems he is, good for him and not ruining a young man's career before it has even started. The source doesnt seem that credible having 4 different DNA samples found and her recollection of events.

But lets not act like there wasnt anything handled incorrectly in that lovely little football town of Tallahassee and not be surprised with how this was handled.

I think He is a moron for sleeping with a girl with 4 other DNA samples travel with her
Dolemitesooner
Reactions:

Post by Dolemitesooner »

Dolemitesooner wrote:
Cnasty wrote:Simma Nole.

I think He is a moron for sleeping with a girl with 4 other DNA samples travel with her
I thought I read it was 2 though
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

ReignOnU wrote:
I've never been a big fan. I don't see him going any better than 9-3 @ UW.
I hope he does worse than that. F the Huskies...

The only reason Petersen takes that job over others is because of the region. Petersen thrived on the piss poor UW and WSU teams during his heyday. If you notice, UW and WSU both have been improving with better coaches and Boise State took a turn this year. I don't think that is just coincidence. Now, can Petersen out recruit WSU and Oregon and Oregon State now? Not sure. I'm hoping no, but the new stadium and facilities in Seattle are pretty nice.
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

Bowling Green came to play.
BIGmike
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by BIGmike »